Among the Betrayed by Margaret Peterson…

Among the Betrayed (original 2002; edition 2003)

by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Title:Among the Betrayed
Authors:Margaret Peterson Haddix
Info:Demco Media (2003), Turtleback
Collections:Your library, Recently Read
Tags:not owned, read, fiction, children's, dystopia

Among the Betrayed by Margaret Peterson Haddix (2002)

Couldn't put it down! Haddix moves her lens to Nina from the last book and into the Population Police's prison. Effectively explores issues of trust and betrayal in a way any reader can understand, and even makes the reader question the validity of circumstantial evidence. Highly recommended to middle school students who have read the first two. ( )
  engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |
I'd definitely recommend this book to a friend. There are new character, settings, and a lot of suspense throughout the book. You have to read this if you have read the books before this. Good ending too, there's totally a twist at the end. 3Q3P The cover art is okay and I'd recommend this book to middle school students. I chose to read this book because I'd read the books that come before it in this series and they were great, like this one. NicS
  edspicer | Dec 30, 2014 |
Some comments for now on the series were made for the first book. ( )
  Yona | May 2, 2013 |
This is the third book of the series. The story is different though. The first two books were about Luke/Lee. This book carries on the story of one of the minor characters from book 2. I still enjoyed it. ( )
  SparklePonies | Feb 21, 2013 |
Though the second book in this series did not impress me all that much, I had enjoyed "Among the Hidden" so much that I was nevertheless looking forward to reading this third book in the Shadow Children series. I have to say, I was again disappointed. Like book II, this installment wasn't nearly as good as its prequel. I was disappointed to find that it is about a different character altogether, with barely even a single mention of Luke.
Nothing really happens, besides the heroine finding out some revelation at the end, which did not make me any more inclined to continue the series. ( )
  joririchardson | Dec 14, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 068983909X, Paperback)

What does it mean to save yourself?

Nina Idi -- a third child in a society where families are allowed only two children -- has been betrayed by the boy she loved, and arrested by the Population Police for exposing other alleged third children. Angry and confused, Nina knows only one thing for sure: She is innocent of the charges. But now she is faced with the most difficult choice of her life: Get three other prisoners to admit they are shadow children and be spared herself, or refuse to cooperate and be killed.

The options are clear. The choice, Nina discovers, is not....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:46 -0400)

Thirteen-year-old Nina is imprisoned by the Population Police, who give her the option of helping them identify illegal "third-born" children, or facing death.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,760,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible