Among the Imposters by Margaret Peterson…

Among the Imposters (original 2001; edition 2002)

by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Member:laurenpressley
Title:Among the Imposters
Authors:Margaret Peterson Haddix
Info:ALADDIN PAPERBACKS (2002), Paperback, 176 pages
Tags:@nook

Among the Impostors by Margaret Peterson Haddix (2001)

(see Book 1) Luke, now known as Lee, is placed in a school of apparently dysfunctional adults and children, that isn't quite what it seems. The setting of the series has the feel of a somewhat-rural town or city in the 1960s, vaguely American, but never with any specifically American geography named, and the characters are ethnically "neutral" (although descriptions make most of them of European heritage).
In the "history" there are political leaders (demagogue dictators) but no hints as to any relationship with existing political parties. ( )
  librisissimo | Jan 29, 2017 |
I enjoyed this second book in the series, a follow up to Among the Hidden. Again, the language and plot are basic, but the pace was quick and the storyline engaging. Luke has now assumed the name of Lee Grant, another third child who died, and has been taken by Jen's dad, Mr. Talbot, to a boarding school. As he tries to fit in, he gains confidence in himself and begins to understand treachery, double lives, and lies. ( )
  SueStolp | Apr 30, 2016 |
Great book, lots of action. Can't wait to read the next
  ElChad | Feb 3, 2016 |
I must admit this book left me wanting more. In comparison with the first book in the series this book needed a little more suspense. The overall plot in this book was good and it did she light on how crazy the world can be but as far as suspense goes and keeping the reader interested it was lacking. ( )
  NathanMerlin | Nov 30, 2015 |
Although there are several more books in this series, this one has a complete and satisfying ending so that I don't feel the need to read any more of them; I like that! However, I enjoyed this so much that I'm anxious to keep going.
  engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |

Haddix, Margaret Petersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Münch, BettinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Connor
Sometimes he whispered his real name in the dark, in the middle of the night.
"I am an exnay. I am a fonrol. I am a lecker. I don't deserve to live."
"Of course, I'll get the others to tell me their real names. They don't have any idea I work for the Population Police."
"When I came out of hiding I told my parents I want to help other third children."

OUT OF HIDING. INTO DANGER.

Luke Garner is an illegal third child. All his life has been spent in hiding. Now, for the first time, Luke is living among others. He has assumed a deceased boy's identity and is attending Hendricks School for Boys, a windowless building with cruel classmates and oblivious teachers. Luke knows he has to blend in, but he lives in constant fear that his behavior will betray him.

Then one day Luke discovers a door to the outside. He knows that beyond the walls of Hendricks lie the secrets he is desperate to uncover. What he doesn't know is whom he can trust -- and where the answers to his questions may lead him...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:02 -0400)

In a future where the law limits a family to only two children, third-born Luke has been in hiding for the entire twelve years of his life, until he enters boarding school under an assumed name and is forced to face his fears.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,853,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible