Among the Imposters by Margaret Peterson…

Among the Imposters (original 2001; edition 2002)

by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Member:laurenpressley
Title:Among the Imposters
Authors:Margaret Peterson Haddix
Info:ALADDIN PAPERBACKS (2002), Paperback, 176 pages
Tags:@nook

Among the Impostors by Margaret Peterson Haddix (2001)

This is the second in the Shadow Children series, a dystopian series set in a future in which food is scarce and families are limited to having two children. But not everyone obeys the law, and when families have third children, they must remain hidden from the Population Police. In this second book in the series, we follow Luke Garner's quest to change things for Shadow Children. I won't say much more than that because I don't want to spoil the first book in the series, but suffice it to say that there several plot twists that kept me on the edge of my seat. Luke Garner is a compelling protagonist who grows throughout the book. My fourth grade son read the first book in this series for school, and I'm going to put this one on his TBR stack! ( )
  porch_reader | Mar 2, 2014 |
Some comments for now on the series were made for the first book. ( )
  Yona | May 2, 2013 |
Second book in the series. Luke moves on to a boarding school and finds new adventure and mystery. Loved it! ( )
  SparklePonies | Feb 6, 2013 |
This one took a really long time to get into. I was really disappointed in it for quite some time. But towards the end it got really good,so I'm glad I stuck with it. ( )
  Bduke | Dec 12, 2012 |
a very interesting book that will keep you at the edge of your seat. I couldn't stop reading this book. ( )
  milanc2 | Oct 15, 2012 |

Margaret Peterson Haddixprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Connor
Sometimes he whispered his real name in the dark, in the middle of the night.
"I am an exnay. I am a fonrol. I am a lecker. I don't deserve to live."

"Of course, I'll get the others to tell me their real names. They don't have any idea I work for the Population Police."

"When I came out of hiding I told my parents I want to help other third children."

OUT OF HIDING. INTO DANGER.

Luke Garner is an illegal third child. All his life has been spent in hiding. Now, for the first time, Luke is living among others. He has assumed a deceased boy's identity and is attending Hendricks School for Boys, a windowless building with cruel classmates and oblivious teachers. Luke knows he has to blend in, but he lives in constant fear that his behavior will betray him.

Then one day Luke discovers a door to the outside. He knows that beyond the walls of Hendricks lie the secrets he is desperate to uncover. What he doesn't know is whom he can trust -- and where the answers to his questions may lead him...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:13 -0400)

In a future where the law limits a family to only two children, third-born Luke has been in hiding for the entire twelve years of his life, until he enters boarding school under an assumed name and is forced to face his fears.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,626,849 books! | Top bar: Always visible