National Geographic Readers: Penguins! by…

National Geographic Readers: Penguins!

by Anne Schreiber

Series: National Geographic Readers

Summary of Book:
This book talks about penguins. It tells where they live, how they find food, how many penguin species there are, and it also gives the reader little facts about penguins throughout the book.

Personal Reaction:
I love penguins so I really enjoyed reading this book. I found out information that I did not even know about penguins.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. I would use this book when learning about penguins. I would have the students talk about what they knew about penguins before we read the book.
2. I would have the students make little penguins. On the penguins I would have the students write one or two facts they thought was interesting about penguins.
  c_shaffer | Nov 17, 2015 |
This book is great for informational reading. This book is all you need to know about the March of the Penguin film. Discover their life and how they serve on ice. The images are great, young readers will learn so much from this. The lexile level is NC750L and interest level is grades 1-2. ( )
  ktboyd | Nov 16, 2015 |
All about penguins
  Kristin1993 | Dec 8, 2014 |
I read this book aloud during our penguin unit and then have a set for a small reading group. Kids love to read this book.
  mcalcagno | Apr 29, 2013 |
This book gives readers a brief but detailed look into penguins—from where they live, what they eat, how they play, and the different species.

I knew a little about penguins, but I learned much from this book including that penguins live as far north as the equator.

Throughout the book, it has new words and their definitions that you could use as vocabulary words of the week. This would also be a good introduction to some of the animals you might find at the zoo on a school field trip.
  ally.hughes87 | Apr 16, 2011 |

Anne Schreiberprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Goin, Miriam Buschsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Learn about penguins and how they live.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,872,962 books! | Top bar: Always visible