American Vampire Vol. 1 by Scott Snyder

American Vampire Vol. 1 (edition 2011)

by Scott Snyder, Stephen King, Rafael Albuquereque (Illustrator)

Member:slimy07
Title:American Vampire Vol. 1
Authors:Scott Snyder
Other authors:Stephen King, Rafael Albuquereque (Illustrator)
Info:Vertigo (2011), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 200 pages
Collections:Read
Tags:Graphic Novel, Vampires, Vertigo, Day walker, western, Hollywood, 1920s, outlaws, sheriff

American Vampire Vol. 1 by Scott Snyder

Gritty, gory and dark. Just the way I like my vampire stories. :) ( )
  Traciinaz | Mar 17, 2016 |
Now, here's something with Stephen King's name that I actually liked. The drawings by Rafael Albuquerque are gorgeous. And even though one might be tired already of so many vampire stories, this one I found it fresh and new. Vampires in the wild west up until the 20's? I am excited about it. ( )
  Glaucialm | Feb 18, 2016 |
This graphic novel tells two stories, one in the 1920s and one in the old west. At first I couldn't tell exactly which tale was the one about the American Vampire. As I went on I finally figured out. The stories are both exciting and the art style was phenomenal. I absolutely loved it. Cannot wait for the next volume to come out. ( )

Snyder, Scottprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, Stephenmain authorall editionsconfirmed
King, Stephenmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Albuquerque, RafaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Here's what vampires shouldn't be: pallid detectives who drink Bloody Marys and only work at night; lovelorn southern gentlemen; anorexic teenage girls; boy-toys with big dewy eyes.

"A new vampire for a new century. Cunning, ruthless, and rattlesnake mean, Skinner Sweet has a reputation for cussedness as long as he is ornery. As the first vampire conceived on American soil, however, he's not your usual creature of the night. Stronger, fiercer and powered by the sun, Sweet is the first of a new breed of bloodsucker: the American Vampire. Forty-five years after rising from his grave, Sweet finds himself in 1920s Los Angeles, where the young and beautiful are drawn like moths to the burning lights of Hollywood. Something beyond simple human greed is at work here, however, as struggling young actress Pearl Jones is about to discover. When her movie-star dreams are transformed into a bloody nightmare, Sweet provides her only chance for survival as well as the power to take revenge" -- dust jacket back.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,808,480 books! | Top bar: Always visible