Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting…

Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom (original 2005; edition 2006)

by Julie Kenner

Member:MissMac
Title:Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom
Authors:Julie Kenner
Info:Jove Books (2006), Paperback, 320 pages

Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner (2005)

English (40)  Dutch (1)  All languages (41)
There is not one part of this book that you don't already know from reading the description. It is Buffy bitching about wanting a normal life at her very whiniest. I regret the time wasted reading it. ( )
  Kitty.Cunningham | Jul 19, 2017 |
Decent quick read. It was interesting to see how the main character attempts to segregate her current life with her past & present demon hunting. Try as she might, the demon hunting encroachment interfering in her personal life will be a losing battle as the series moves forward I bet. Good character development and a strong plot and storyline. The marital relationship conversations could be improved upon but overall a good 1st in series book. Also had the opportunity to listen to the audiobook. The narrator did a great job with giving each character their own voice - only a couple of mess ups when the dialogue between characters was short. ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
Not badly written but not my thing and did not hold my interest. Not starring because do not want to slam what other readers might find a perfectly good read; but, the demon/paranormal portion very miniscule.

So basically a soccer mom tale including riding along with main character on stuff like picking up milk, finding a daycare, dealing with merged family. Not sure why another reviewer called it "romantic comedy" as current husband a bit on the cardboard side and except for one morning encounter that was apparently so out of the norm for their romance she started suspecting him--nothing really romantic. I am kinda suspicious that at one time was a regular fiction book that added some paranormal stuff to get published. And if it wanted to be romance or comedy or chick-lit or women's fiction -- it just should have. At my advanced middle age, a bit hard to accept that a woman who retired at least 15 years ago and never worked out since was immediately back in shape.

Dealing with teenagers and toddlers rang true; unfortunately, seen enough in real life to not be interested in reading so much of it in a fiction book I picked it up thinking that while likely silly would have some paranormal, comedy, romance type of plots that would hold up to being in a series I was hearing so much about. *ack* who wants to read carpool scheduling difficulties?
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
Fun! ( )
  glindaharrison | Oct 19, 2015 |
Fun! ( )
  glindaharrison | Oct 19, 2015 |
For Allison and Kim.
Thanks for letting me take Kate and run with her!
My name is Kate Connor and I used to be a Demon Hunter.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515142212, Mass Market Paperback)

Retired demon hunter Kate Connor must go back to work when she spots a demon lurking in the local Wal-Mart. But she'd better not arouse suspicion. This kind of thing could really hurt her husband's political career.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:29 -0400)

A one-time demon hunter who has put her career on hold, Kate Connor finds herself back in business when a murderous demon interrupts her preparations for a dinner party designed to get her husband elected to County Attorney.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,284,181 books! | Top bar: Always visible