Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (original 2001; edition 2001)

by Joanne Fluke

1,037None8,111 (3.54)1 / 109
Member:Rainrider
Title:Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder
Authors:Joanne Fluke
Info:Kensington Pub Corp (2001), Paperback
Collections:Read but unowned

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke (2001)

I am not a particular fan of cozy mysteries, but this one was so saccharine I thought I was going into diabetic shock. There was no conflict, no threat, no doom, no gloom, no secrets, nothing. The police officer investigating the murders was tickled pink to have his sister-in-law, the cookie shop owner, doing almost all the leg work to solve the crime in the hopes he would get a promotion to detective if "he" solved it. Bleh. ( )
  seitherin | Feb 17, 2014 |
This is a cute series, though I'm not sure I quite understand Hannah's ability to date two men at one time and no one getting upset. The mystery itself was good, since I only figured it out right before Hannah did (though I mean, come on Hannah). I especially liked the recipes included and think I'd like to make a few batches of cookies, though I kind of wish each didn't make 8 dozen cookies. ( )
  Tahleen | Feb 16, 2014 |
I could not finish this. It is a very cookie-cutter cozy, predictable, not interesting setting, time or characters, and I really hate when a person who has no investigative powers whatsoever is elevated to the status of the detective and makes the police look like fools. Supposedly Hannah is "helping" her brother-in-law to make the rank of detective. How insulting is that? No, I could not swallow this in a thousand years, I don't even like cookies very much. However, your mileage may vary. ( )
  MrsLee | Jan 5, 2014 |
A cute mystery novel with recipes included from the story. Easy, enjoyable read...looking forward to the rest of the series! ( )
  lookitisheef | Jun 22, 2013 |
This outing cements my place among the cozy mystery fans, because though this book is very forgettable, I'm willing to read more of the series. The mystery had no twist to the tale. All the time I kept wondering when things would shake up, then nothing surprising happens. The downfall of the author is that once alibis are established they stay rock solid. In most decent mysteries, alibis are like promises...made to be broken. ( )
1 vote Jiraiya | Jun 22, 2013 |

Joanne Flukeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Toren, SuzanneNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to Ruel.
Thanks, honey.
Hannah Swensen slipped into the old leather bomber jacket that she'd rescued from the Helping Hands thrift store and reached down to pick up the huge orange tomcat that was rubbing against her ankles.
ebook ISBNs: 9780758252951 & 9780758252937

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 075822530X, Mass Market Paperback)

Hannah Swensen already has her hands full, between dodging her mother's attempts to marry her off, and running Lake Eden, Minnesota's most popular bakery, The Cookie Jar. But when the Cozy Cow Dairy's beloved deliveryman is found murdered behind Hannah's bakery with her famous Chocolate Chip Crunchies scattered around him, Hannah sets out to track down a killer. The more Hannah snoops, the more suspects turn up. This is one murder that's starting to leave a very bad taste in Hannah's mouth, and if she doesn't watch her back, her sweet life may get burned to a crisp.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:57 -0400)

With allusions to the movie Fargo, Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder stars a red-haired cook called Hannah Swensen and a very eccentric assortment of Minnesota locals whose lives are disturbed by a killer in their midst.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,493,045 books! | Top bar: Always visible