GarageBand '09 Power! by Todd M Howard

GarageBand '09 Power! (edition 2009)

by Todd M Howard

611,865,454NoneNone
Member:DWallaceFleming
Title:GarageBand '09 Power!
Authors:Todd M Howard
Info:Course Technology PTR (2009), Edition: 1, Paperback, 412 pages
Tags:podcasting

GarageBand '09 Power! by Todd M Howard

I bought this one from Amazon for the purpose of improving the quality of my podcast. Garageband, as explained in the book, is a very powerful tool, although not near as powerful as ProTools and other professional software. [As a side note, Garageband is, to the best of my knowledge, still only available for Mac users. (Audacity is a free digital processing software available on the web for PC podcasters)].

This book quickly acclimates the reader to all the different features and tools available in Garageband. And there are hundreds if not thousands of features. This book will not often go beyond the depth of information one could have figured out for oneself while poking around with the software but maybe that’s for the best. It’s a quick, staccato primer for a beginner to get his or her bearings. We all know what happens when we get excited using a powerful new software: we dive in, fumble around, find a few tricks that seem to work and then get stuck for years in a silly rut of inefficiency and limitation. This book will help you avoid that.

One complaint I have with this book and the numerous subsequent works I read was that none of them seemed to give enough attention to the techniques and processes needed to calibrate the gain on one’s microphone and optimize the recording’s signal to noise ratio. It strikes me that this is the foundational problem of any home recording project.
  DWallaceFleming | Dec 19, 2011 |

"GarageBand '09 Power! provides an easy-to-understand, detailed guide for how to make professional-sounding music, podcasts, soundtracks, mixes, mashups, and much more with the newest version of GarageBand. Through the use of screenshots, tutorials, creative jumping-off points, real-world examples, and a conversational, personal tone, this book will teach you how to use GarageBand to create music, record and publish podcasts, or even score your own movie"--Resource description page.… (more)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,429,379 books! | Top bar: Always visible