The Best and Hardest Thing by Pat Brisson

The Best and Hardest Thing (edition 2010)

by Pat Brisson

The Best and Hardest Thing by Pat Brisson

Review from library copy

Made me sob ( )
  kcarrigan | Aug 26, 2013 |
This book was an easy read just because of the way it was written. (Versus form) Even though it was written this way it still packed a bit of a punch. If I had to go through what Molly went through at age 15 I don't know what I would have done. I don't know if I could have made those decisions. At 15 I wasn't thinking about whether or not to keep a baby, or any of the other things she thought (actually) The book just shows how much peer pressure one person can sometimes take, or how just single words can completely change a persons way of thinking. That person can be on the right track, and be a good kid (Let's face that still what a 15 year old is) then one little word assignment from a teacher, and her life spirals out of control. She no longer wants to be a "good girl" "nice" "studious" "saintly" all words which her classmates chose for her.
  bookaholicsanonymous | Jul 17, 2011 |
This book was wonderful and touching. Molly decides she's tired of being known as only the good girl. She sets out to change all that. And boy, does she ever! This book has humor, sadness and even hopefulness thrown in. One of the things I really loved is that it's not all free verse. When a different form of poetry is used, it's listed. I particularly loved the poem Molly wrote to her virginity.
Once upon a time, I used to write a great deal of poetry and wouldn't mind getting back to some of it. I'm actually considering re-working one of my ms to possibly be a novel in verse. It might be fun. :) I'm giving The Best and Hardest Thing 4 gentle kisses! ( )
  lisagibson | Feb 8, 2011 |
The main character wants to break away from the "good girl" image she's been branded with, and she decides that the best way to do so is with the help of this mysterious new guy. When her actins go awry, the unexpected happens, and she'll never be the same again.
4Q, 3P; Cover Art: Awesome
This book is best suited for highschoolers.
It was selected because it was serious-sounding, but still interesting, since the plot is something real that affects people my age.
Grade (of reviewer): 9th
(HR-AHS-NC)
This book is best st
  edspicer | Dec 5, 2010 |
I liked the book because I like the way the author makes you feel like you are there with Molly, living her life with with her. It's "real life."
4Q, 4P; Cover Art: Awesome!
This book is best suited for Highschoolers.
It was selected to read since the because after reading the first few pages it looked good.
Grade (of reviewer): 11th
(AO-AHS-NC)
  edspicer | Oct 27, 2010 |

When she is a sophomore in high school, Molly gets rid of her good-girl image but ends up becoming pregnant and having to make some difficult decisions.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,501,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible