A Series of Unfortunate Events Collection:…

A Series of Unfortunate Events Collection: Books 1-13 with Bonus Material (edition 2011)

by Lemony Snicket (Author), Brett Helquist (Illustrator)

Member:Kythe42
Title:A Series of Unfortunate Events Collection: Books 1-13 with Bonus Material
Authors:Lemony Snicket (Author)
Other authors:Brett Helquist (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2011), 324 pages
Collections:Your library, Own, For Display
Rating:***
Tags:A Series of Unfortunate Events, Comedy, Fiction, Humor, Lemony Snicket, Mystery, Satire

The Complete Wreck by Lemony Snicket

It couldn't be more perfect. This is the ultimate box of a beautiful series. It contains all 13 books in a box with beautiful drawings from Brett Helquist. It really is a collectable item. ( )
  Glaucialm | Feb 18, 2016 |
Cute and funny, but the overall story rambled and didn't really tie together in the end. It kind of just stopped. ( )
  Belles007 | Jan 17, 2016 |
A Series of unfortunate contains 13 books about the misfortunate lives of the Baudelaire children. I have read the entire series and loved them. They are excellent mystery books for older ELEM students. I believe this series is excellent for those students who can't stick with a book. I used to be one of those students until I found this series.
The story is about the Baudelaire children, Violet, Klaus, and Sunny, lose their parents in a suspicious fire that leads them to living with their even more suspicious long lost uncle, count Olaf. Throughout the series, mysteries and conspiracies begin to unfold right in front of the children's eyes. The children find themselves traveling from relative to relative, none of which they have ever met or heard of, while being followed by their greedy uncle. Some of the relatives seem to experience some unfortunate events that lead to their doom. On the other hand, the three form alliances with some odd characters. The three work together as a team to defeat the villainous count Olaf. Violet is the inventor and the group leader, Klaus is the bookworm, and Sunny is the biter and later on the chef. In an attempt to not spoil the series, this is all the information I will give to you, but you will have to read the series yourself to discover the unfortunate events happened to the Baudelaire children.
  Amberechase | Nov 30, 2015 |
When I started reading this series of books, I was listing each one and planning to write a review for each book, I was really just trying to pad my book read numbers. I decided to do just one review, this series is one story, divided into 13 parts. Each book is pretty much the same, the Baudelaire orphans are put into a new home, Count Olaf shows up, in some disguise which fools everyone except the children, and despite the horrible things that happen, they prevail and escape from Count Olaf, only to lose whatever home they have gained and realize once again that the only thing they can rely on is each other since the adults in their life will fail them.

These books have been said to be repetitive, that is one viewpoint, however for me there were differences and along the way it seemed that the books were heading to an end, there was a story line of sorts, slowly revealed over the course of the 13 books.

These are for children, and although horrible things happen, the tone the book sets makes them not scary, in a sense they are kind of ridiculous. I enjoyed reading them. ( )
  BellaFoxx | Feb 14, 2015 |
A series that is worth having every book of on the shelf. Would love to do a class read of the series, but unsure on how to go about doing that.
  Climbing-books | Dec 18, 2014 |
The Complete Wreck contains all thirteen books of this unfortunate series. Please do no add/combine with single titles or other boxed sets.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061119067, Hardcover)

Some boxes should never be opened.

For the first time, the complete A Series of Unfortunate Events – including the highly feared #13: The End – is available in one awful package!

We can't keep you from succumbing to this international bestselling phenomenon, but we can hide all thirteen books in a huge, elaborately illustrated, shrink–wrapped box, perfect for filling an empty shelf or deep hole.

From The Bad Beginning to The End, this box set, adorned with Brett Helquist art from front to back, is the only choice for people who simply cannot get enough of a bad thing!

Ages 10+

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:02 -0400)

Collects in a boxed set all thirteen books in the series that relates the misadventures of the orphaned Baudelaire children.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,378,247 books! | Top bar: Always visible