Curious George by H. A. Rey

Curious George (original 1941; edition 1973)

by H. A. Rey

Title:Curious George
Authors:H. A. Rey
Info:Houghton Mifflin (1973), Paperback, 64 pages
Tags:Children's Literature, Read

Curious George by H. A. Rey (1941)

Recently added byprivate library, akd010, sugarhilllibrary, AR_bookbird, shaunaph
    Weebeastology Volume I by micah linton (vinoartist)
    vinoartist: Most likely to remember and pass along.

I love how the books teaches about being curious. I also like how they incooperate that not all curiosity is good. ( )
  jahmyia | Nov 17, 2015 |
Curious George is a classic book that most children will read throughout their childhood. I loved these books when I was younger but reading this again I am not sure if I feel the same way. The book could represent the freedom George has when the man in the yellow hat finds him but all George does is get in trouble when he is not being watched. The ending of the book says that George found a home at the zoo however he was taken out of his home in the jungle to go to the zoo which is negative in my opinion. However, the zoo represented in the book is desirable setting for children to see as it shows all the animals coming together to be friends. It does show a valuable relationship between the man in the yellow hat and George. The man in the yellow hate is seen as a father figure to George when he saves George from he jungle. He gives George a home and a warm bed for him to sleep in. Children enjoy this book for the fact that it is enjoyable and fun but I do not see any morals in this book that I would share with my classroom.
  brittanyyelle | Sep 15, 2015 |
About the Author: This book was written by H.A. Rey. He is a writer and an illustrator.

Character: The two characters in this book is a monkey and a man. The monkey goes by George and the man was called the Man in The Yellow Hat.

Plot/ Summary:The first adventure in this series tells how Curious George, caught in the jungle and brought back to the city by a man in a yellow hat, George can't help being interested in all the new things around him. Though well meaning, George's curiosity always gets him into trouble.

Theme: The theme of this story is George being curious and aways getting into lots of trouble.

Setting: The setting of this book mainly takes place in the city.

Two direct quotes from the book: "We will have to shut you up" pg. 38
"George" pg. 50

Recommendations: This is a fun and entertaining book. I would recommend teachers to include it in their library. The monkeys actions exemplify the same actions as the age of a reader reading this book would. ( )
  caitlynnb | Apr 17, 2015 |
Curious George is a small brown monkey that loves to create havoc. A man in a yellow hat spots George and wants to take him to the United States. The two of them get on the cruise ship and of course, George tries to imitate birds and falls overboard. Luckily, they save the monkey and make it to the U.S. The monkey’s adventures did not stop; he accidentally called the fire department, got arrested, escaped jail, and floated off with a ton of balloons. The man in the yellow hat finally found George and brought him to his new home- the zoo!

Curious George is a great series to enjoy! I know children will love it and would consider including this in my curriculum or at least, have them in my classroom. ( )
  SadieCooney | Apr 16, 2015 |
Kids learn while reading with curious George about how curiosity can get in the way morals. Curious George, along with the readers, knows what is right and wrong, but travel with Curious George as curiosity gets the best of him. It shows kids that their actions have consequences.
  Taylor42 | Feb 22, 2015 |

Rey, H. A.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rey, Margretmain authorall editionsconfirmed
This is George.
George was curious.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 039515023X, Paperback)

In this, the original book about the curious monkey, George is taken from the jungle by the man in the yellow hat to live in a new home, but--oh, what happened! Though trying to be good, George is still very curious and takes a swim in the ocean, escapes from jail, and goes for a flying ride on a bunch of balloons. This treasured classic is where it all began for the curious, loveable monkey and is a must have for any children's book collection.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:34 -0400)

The curiosity of a newly-captured monkey gets him into continual trouble.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,875,111 books! | Top bar: Always visible