I Shall Wear Midnight (Discworld) by Terry…

I Shall Wear Midnight (Discworld) (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Terry Pratchett

2,329962,707 (4.25)1 / 129
Member:the_dodger
Title:I Shall Wear Midnight (Discworld)
Authors:Terry Pratchett
Info:HarperCollins (2011), Edición: Reprint, Paperback, 368 páginas
Rating:***
Tags:2012

I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett (2010)

Recently added byprivate library, mathsie, kmv, DaddySchool, dafinker
    Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett (MyriadBooks, petwoe, elvisettey)
    MyriadBooks: For the appearance of Eskarina Smith.
    petwoe: Noteably for the parallels between Tiffany and Eskarina.
    elvisettey: For the backstory on Eskarina Smith, and for the parallels between Tiffany and Esk.

English (95)  German (1)  All languages (96)
Possibly my favorite Discworld book. Then again, I can't really remember probably half of the books in the series, and I just finished reading this one, so I'm not sure I trust my current opinion. In any case, this was a very good book. Though my five-star rating of it says as much anyhow. I was somewhat put off by the fact that this book was listed, among the other Discworld books, as "for younger readers," but I suppose that's mostly because the main character is younger than most of the main characters in the rest of the books, since nothing else about the writing or plot seemed to differ stylistically from any other Discworld novels.
So, anyway, another amazing book from one of my very favorite authors! ( )
  -sunny- | Jul 15, 2014 |
So, anyway, another amazing book from one of my very favorite authors! ( )
  -sunny- | Jul 15, 2014 |
Reliable. Entertaining, thoughtful, charming and full of human kindness and humour. Just what I wanted. ( )
  Ma_Washigeri | Jun 17, 2014 |
The most recent in the series. It has been wonderful to see Tiffany grow in these books. She still maintains her cleverness since the original- but wiser in some of her choices. There is still a feeling that she has a lot to learn. I can't wait to see even more of this character.

There has also been a board game created based upon all the Tiffany books and some of the Disc World witches books! ( )
  DeweyEver | Feb 24, 2014 |
What a combo! Terry Pratchett read by Stephen Briggs. I'm just sorry that these books come to an end. The creativity that created this world is astonishing. There is a great deal of depth the the stories and a great deal of laughter. Heath and I were amazed at the Feegle Glossary included at the end of this book. I did get the print book to peruse the glossary. It didn't work as well in the audiobook. Long may Terry Pratchett live and write! Thank you Stephen Briggs for your wonderful reading! ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |

Terry Pratchettprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Briggs, StephenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kidby, PaulCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Why was it, Tiffany Aching wondered, that people liked noise so much?
Still, it could have been worse, she told herself as they set off. For example, there could have been snakes on the broomstick.
It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you don't know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you're going. And if you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.

It starts with whispers.

Then someone picks up a stone.

Finally, the fires begin.

When people turn on witches, the innocents suffer. . . .

Tiffany Aching has spent years studying with senior witches, and now she is on her own. As the witch of the Chalk, she performs the bits of witchcraft that aren’t sparkly, aren’t fun, don’t involve any kind of wand, and that people seldom ever hear about: She does the unglamorous work of caring for the needy.

But someone—or something—is igniting fear, inculcating dark thoughts and angry murmurs against witches. Aided by her tiny blue allies, the Wee Free Men, Tiffany must find the source of this unrest and defeat the evil at its root—before it takes her life. Because if Tiffany falls, the whole Chalk falls with her.

Chilling drama combines with laugh-out-loud humor and searing insight as beloved and bestselling author Terry Pratchett tells the high-stakes story of a young witch who stands in the gap between good and evil.

Fifteen-year-old Tiffany Aching, the witch of the Chalk, seeks her place amid a troublesome populace and tries to control the ill-behaved, six-inch-high Wee Free Men who follow her as she faces an ancient evil that agitates against witches.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

An edition of this book was published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,620,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible