Blackest Night by Geoff Johns

Blackest Night

by Geoff Johns (Author)

I seldom give comics five stars, and the five stars aren't to say that there weren't a few iffy things about this TPB. For example, it was so very tireing to read because there was so much going on with the plot an din some cases, the art. The pages were in some places almost like a run-on fight.

This was an overview TPB of the Blackest Night universe spanning story line. As for the plot, well, I guess now there are many colors and kinds of Lantern rings, and there's even a Black Lantern that's Death. Well, the Black Lantern rings come to Earth and raise the dead and they fight against the Green Lanterns, Yellow Lanterns, and all the other colors of the Lantern Corps. And then White Lanterns get thrown into the mix.

Then there's the art. Holy Moley, amazing and totally awesome. Just plain astounding art. ( )
  DanieXJ | Oct 25, 2014 |
It would be nice if I ever had the time and money to read the entire arc. Anyway, this was good, though the end in the last issue felt a bit hasty. ( )
  ptdilloway | Nov 21, 2013 |
Five for art, one for story... ( )
  ScoutJ | Aug 7, 2013 |
Making a point that I've made before w.r.t. DC graphic novels, the mythos is damn near impenetrable. I picked this up at library and by the end of it I was no clearer on what or why. Even who was a challenge since all the zombified characters looked the same. The artwork was wonderful but it was too damn difficult to care about the story. I'm sure if you are a hard-core DC fan that this would be a very interesting read, but not for a casual comics fan. If you are interested, the story is told over 6 or 7 graphic novels, so you are in for a long haul. ( )
  amobogio | Dec 25, 2011 |
Very cool. Anyone who is a fan of the DC Universe or graphic novels in general should check it out. While the plot seems stretched at times, it's pretty deep overall. However, check it out just to see Ivan Reis's spectacular artwork. Wow! Amazing. ( )
  kaboomcju | Feb 20, 2011 |

Johns, GeoffAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reis, IvanIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Right now you two are Superman and Wonder Woman.
None of us thought we'd ever be envious of Guy Gardner.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps must join forces with their rivals of the other colors to battle the Black Lanterns, an army of undead superheroes and villains--all their deceased friends and foes--who are out to destroy all life.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,321,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible