Dating Dead Men by Harley Jane Kozak

Dating Dead Men (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Harley Jane Kozak

3051936,648 (3.17)3
Member:1Betsey
Title:Dating Dead Men
Authors:Harley Jane Kozak
Info:Doubleday (2004), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Read and kept
Tags:own, read in 2013

Dating Dead Men by Harley Jane Kozak (2004)

English (18)  German (1)  All languages (19)
If you like the Stephanie Plum series, you'll like Dating Dead Men. Wollie Shelley is a greeting card artist that gets caught up in a murder investigation, with often hilarious results. This book has more than enough twists and quirky characters to keep the reader glued to the book. ( )
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
An amusing book. ( )
  kmmsb459 | Jan 24, 2016 |
Wollie Shelley manages a greetign card store and is participating in a dating project to earn money to buy the store. On a trip to visit her brother in a mental health institution she discovers a body and meets a good looking man dressed as a surgeon. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
I picked this up recently at our local Friends of the Library sale because the title and cover caught my eye. I found myself really enjoying the book, even though I never felt the level of danger equaled the situations in which Wollie and her friends found themselves. In this regard it was incredibly like the Stephanie Plum series which is never a bad thing. Some lines were laugh out loud funny. The end was very compelling and I'm curious to know what happens next to Wollie.

Just realized I read this book 4 years ago! I thought I had read about Wollie somewhere! Just goes to show this book was not very memorable if the only thing I remembered about it was the characters first name!
  jules72653 | Nov 24, 2013 |
To Greg Aldisert,
my last blind date.
It was a cigarette burn.

Los Angeles greeting-card artist Wollie Shelley is dating forty men in sixty days as research for a radio talk show host’s upcoming book, How to Avoid Getting Dumped All the Time. Wollie is meeting plenty of eligible bachelors but not falling in love, not until she stumbles over a dead body en route to Rio Pescado—a state-run mental hospital—and is momentarily taken hostage by a charismatic “doctor” who is on the run from the Mob. Wollie fears that her beloved brother, a paranoid schizophrenic living at Rio Pescado, is involved in the murder, so rather than go to the authorities, she decides to solve the crime on her own. As she meets up with an array of small-time crooks and swaggering mobsters only slightly more sinister than the men she’s been dating, Wollie realizes that “getting dumped” is the least of her problems. Finding true love, she discovers, sometimes means learning how to avoid getting killed . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:35 -0400)

Wollie Shelley, a greeting card artist and small business owner, is dating forty men in sixty days as a participant in a social science research project when she stumbles over a dead body. Wollie decides to investigate the murder because she is afraid her paranoid schizophrenic brother may be involved.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,525,654 books! | Top bar: Always visible