Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter

Only the Good Spy Young

by Ally Carter

I might be biased here :) but I've been reading Ally Carter for a few years already and can't help but love the direction the books are taking.

The series started off with this humorous mischievous feel to them, and as Cammie, Macey, Bex and Liz grew, so as the undertones of books changed bit by bit.

Last couple of books are getting darker, and Gallagher Girls are slowly starting to understand that being a spy is not a one big adventure. It's dangerous, heartbreaking, it's a burden and responsibility.

Now that The Circle, a mysterious terrorist organization solely consisting of double agents all over the world, will do anything to kidnap Cammie, she doesn't know who is her friend and who is the enemy (because The Circle recruits very young) her whole world crumbles and she has to choose who to believe and take her destiny in her own hands.

I love Cammie! I can see the potential in her. She will be glorious when she grows up, and I really want the series to continue and grow with her. The ending in this book is bittersweet, and I can't wait to see what's next.

As I said I'm biased, I adore spy stories, and Gallagher Girls is something between Stormbreaker and St.Trinian altogether, but it's also a love-or-hate book. So, decide for yourself which side you're on. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
I really love Zach in this book. Zach becomes a more important character then he was in the past. He's not as cocky as he was before, and he's more caring and loving toward Cammie. There are some really sweet Zammie scenes that make me just go Awwwwww.

I like Cammie's character development. She changed a little since the first book (but in a good way). She's kind of having trouble figuring out who to trust. And it gets harder when she finds out something shocking about Zach.

Also in this book we meet Agent Townsend. I admit it, when I first read the book I hated his guts. I thought he was rude and that he was the bad guy. I could not have been more wrong.

I just really love this book and it had such a cliffhanger. I can't wait to read it again. ( )
  barbiekait | Oct 16, 2014 |
Only the good spy young....that is such a good name for this book. Miss Cammie is a young spy who is learning(still) to work with boys. Oh, and just in cause your wondering these are not your everyday call each other stupid boys, these are spy's. And one of them has an eye for Cammie.
  JaFi14 | Sep 2, 2014 |
So I'm a junkie. I loved the first book, hated the second, and was pretty ambivalent about the third. But this one was okay. Yeah, this book still had serious plot issues where illogical jumps try to get explained away though the limited omniscient viewpoint of the teenaged main character. And, she continues to do stupid things due to her "love or whatever you want to call it" for Zach, even though nothing EVER occurs in the books to make him loveable or in any way worthy of her affection. Yep, this continues to be my biggest bone to pick with these books. In the first book, she had a flirtation with a townie boy that felt realistic, and it made sense for her to act the way she did given the moments they shared. In later books, this boy gets replaced with Zach, the boy spy-in-training equivalent of Cammy, but I never buy their "romance". To mix my media metaphors, it's Felicity picking Ben illogical.

I know this sounds odd, but I expect better from YA books. Kids won't tolerate fake crap. Wait, I can't even finish that sentence, because some teens think Bella and Edward are sooooo perfect together. Sigh, I'm surrounded.

Anyway, even with its huge flaws, these books have managed to find a plot, and I find myself wanting to see this through to the end. A group of double agent spies using their information to benefit themselves? Hell, it works for Halliburton, and it works to finally give this series a story arch. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
I like that the stakes have gotten higher and Ms. Carter has amped up the danger and mystery with each addition to this series. I can't wait to dig into the next book and I'm so thankful that someone returned the last three books to the library at the same time to allow me to do so. ( )
  Cailiosa | Mar 4, 2014 |
For Daddy
"Targets acquired, ten o'clock."

When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy. What she didn’t know was that the serious, real-life danger would start during her junior year of high school. But that’s exactly what happened two months ago when she faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her.

Now the danger follows her everywhere and even Cammie “The Chameleon” can’t hide. When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers—or even her own heart.

In this fourth installment of the New York Times best-selling series, the Gallagher Girls must hack, spy, steal, and lie their way to the truth as they go searching for answers, recognizing that the key to Cammie’s future may lie deep in the past....

When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent, Cammie Morgan no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers--or even her own heart.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,854,796 books! | Top bar: Always visible