Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter

Only the Good Spy Young

by Ally Carter

Well... I thought that these books couldn't get any better than Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover , but I was wrong. This book had more action, adrenaline and secrets than all three books combined!

I loved every second of reading this book. Why? First of all, while in the last book I enjoyed Cammie maturing and taking "responsible" choices, I really loved the other characters that got to shine in the spotlight in this book. Second of all, I got to see more Zach! Zach has always been the brightest spots for me in the books. I love reading "Gallagher Girl" over and over again. Third of all: The lack of a love triangle. Seriously, it's really difficult for writers to write a decent romance, without the urgency to throw in another person to make matters more "interesting". Fourth of all: there was more spy action than ever. I could really comprehend he "spy" life, and even if it dangerous, it makes me wish I could study at the Gallagher Academy.

Ally Carter almost made me jerk a few tears in a particular scene... And that is extremely difficult for me to do.

Anyways, as always a great book to the series and an ending that leaves you wanting for more.

5 stars. ( )
  | Jul 1, 2015 | edit |
I really love Zach in this book. Zach becomes a more important character then he was in the past. He's not as cocky as he was before, and he's more caring and loving toward Cammie. There are some really sweet Zammie scenes that make me just go Awwwwww.

I like Cammie's character development. She changed a little since the first book (but in a good way). She's kind of having trouble figuring out who to trust. And it gets harder when she finds out something shocking about Zach.

Also in this book we meet Agent Townsend. I admit it, when I first read the book I hated his guts. I thought he was rude and that he was the bad guy. I could not have been more wrong.

I just really love this book and it had such a cliffhanger. I can't wait to read it again. ( )
  barbiekait | Oct 16, 2014 |
Only the good spy young....that is such a good name for this book. Miss Cammie is a young spy who is learning(still) to work with boys. Oh, and just in cause your wondering these are not your everyday call each other stupid boys, these are spy's. And one of them has an eye for Cammie.
  JaFi14 | Sep 2, 2014 |
So I'm a junkie. I loved the first book, hated the second, and was pretty ambivalent about the third. But this one was okay. Yeah, this book still had serious plot issues where illogical jumps try to get explained away though the limited omniscient viewpoint of the teenaged main character. And, she continues to do stupid things due to her "love or whatever you want to call it" for Zach, even though nothing EVER occurs in the books to make him loveable or in any way worthy of her affection. Yep, this continues to be my biggest bone to pick with these books. In the first book, she had a flirtation with a townie boy that felt realistic, and it made sense for her to act the way she did given the moments they shared. In later books, this boy gets replaced with Zach, the boy spy-in-training equivalent of Cammy, but I never buy their "romance". To mix my media metaphors, it's Felicity picking Ben illogical.

I know this sounds odd, but I expect better from YA books. Kids won't tolerate fake crap. Wait, I can't even finish that sentence, because some teens think Bella and Edward are sooooo perfect together. Sigh, I'm surrounded.

Anyway, even with its huge flaws, these books have managed to find a plot, and I find myself wanting to see this through to the end. A group of double agent spies using their information to benefit themselves? Hell, it works for Halliburton, and it works to finally give this series a story arch. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
I like that the stakes have gotten higher and Ms. Carter has amped up the danger and mystery with each addition to this series. I can't wait to dig into the next book and I'm so thankful that someone returned the last three books to the library at the same time to allow me to do so. ( )
  Cailiosa | Mar 4, 2014 |
For Daddy
"Targets acquired, ten o'clock."

When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy. What she didn’t know was that the serious, real-life danger would start during her junior year of high school. But that’s exactly what happened two months ago when she faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her.

Now the danger follows her everywhere and even Cammie “The Chameleon” can’t hide. When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers—or even her own heart.

In this fourth installment of the New York Times best-selling series, the Gallagher Girls must hack, spy, steal, and lie their way to the truth as they go searching for answers, recognizing that the key to Cammie’s future may lie deep in the past....

When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent, Cammie Morgan no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers--or even her own heart.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,415,214 books! | Top bar: Always visible