Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter

Only the Good Spy Young

by Ally Carter

I really love Zach in this book. Zach becomes a more important character then he was in the past. He's not as cocky as he was before, and he's more caring and loving toward Cammie. There are some really sweet Zammie scenes that make me just go Awwwwww.

I like Cammie's character development. She changed a little since the first book (but in a good way). She's kind of having trouble figuring out who to trust. And it gets harder when she finds out something shocking about Zach.

Also in this book we meet Agent Townsend. I admit it, when I first read the book I hated his guts. I thought he was rude and that he was the bad guy. I could not have been more wrong.

I just really love this book and it had such a cliffhanger. I can't wait to read it again. ( )
  barbiekait | Oct 16, 2014 |
Only the good spy young....that is such a good name for this book. Miss Cammie is a young spy who is learning(still) to work with boys. Oh, and just in cause your wondering these are not your everyday call each other stupid boys, these are spy's. And one of them has an eye for Cammie.
  JaFi14 | Sep 2, 2014 |
So I'm a junkie. I loved the first book, hated the second, and was pretty ambivalent about the third. But this one was okay. Yeah, this book still had serious plot issues where illogical jumps try to get explained away though the limited omniscient viewpoint of the teenaged main character. And, she continues to do stupid things due to her "love or whatever you want to call it" for Zach, even though nothing EVER occurs in the books to make him loveable or in any way worthy of her affection. Yep, this continues to be my biggest bone to pick with these books. In the first book, she had a flirtation with a townie boy that felt realistic, and it made sense for her to act the way she did given the moments they shared. In later books, this boy gets replaced with Zach, the boy spy-in-training equivalent of Cammy, but I never buy their "romance". To mix my media metaphors, it's Felicity picking Ben illogical.

I know this sounds odd, but I expect better from YA books. Kids won't tolerate fake crap. Wait, I can't even finish that sentence, because some teens think Bella and Edward are sooooo perfect together. Sigh, I'm surrounded.

Anyway, even with its huge flaws, these books have managed to find a plot, and I find myself wanting to see this through to the end. A group of double agent spies using their information to benefit themselves? Hell, it works for Halliburton, and it works to finally give this series a story arch. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
I like that the stakes have gotten higher and Ms. Carter has amped up the danger and mystery with each addition to this series. I can't wait to dig into the next book and I'm so thankful that someone returned the last three books to the library at the same time to allow me to do so. ( )
  Cailiosa | Mar 4, 2014 |
The Great Gallagher Girls Reread

Life is getting a whole lot more dangerous for Cammie Morgan.

An ancient terrorist organisation who recruits young spies as double agents is after her. She doesn't know why and neither does anyone else - or if they do, they're not saying. But they need her alive. Cammie doesn't know who to trust or where to go from here. She knows its up to her to find out the truth, but she's not entirely alone. Her roommates are ready to help her spy, hack and steal their way closer to the truth. And then there's Zach, who is hiding a whole lot of secrets himself. It seems everybody is.

Another great installment in the Gallagher Girls series. A favourite teacher has been exposed as a double-agent, a teacher with very powerful secrets regarding Cammie's father. This is the storyline that I'm dying to find out more about. I want to know how he went missing and why and where is he actually? (I'm not buying the line that he's dead). And Cammie's connection - what do the mysterious Circle of Cavan want from her? I'm still not sure what they actually do. The suspense is killing me (how did I ever put this series down?) so I'm thinking myself lucky I have the other two books beside me. I'm really keen to find out where the story's going to go.

And now after this point it is no longer a 'Gallagher Girls Reread' but simply a 'Gallagher Girl Read'. I've reached the point where I last stopped! ( )
  crashmyparty | Feb 26, 2014 |
For Daddy
"Targets acquired, ten o'clock."

When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy. What she didn’t know was that the serious, real-life danger would start during her junior year of high school. But that’s exactly what happened two months ago when she faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her.

Now the danger follows her everywhere and even Cammie “The Chameleon” can’t hide. When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers—or even her own heart.

In this fourth installment of the New York Times best-selling series, the Gallagher Girls must hack, spy, steal, and lie their way to the truth as they go searching for answers, recognizing that the key to Cammie’s future may lie deep in the past....

When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent, Cammie Morgan no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers--or even her own heart.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,926,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible