St. Patrick's Day by Anne Rockwell

St. Patrick's Day

by Anne Rockwell

Other authors: Lizzy Rockwell (Illustrator)

On St. Patrick's Day all the children in Mrs. Madoff's class wear something green. They learn about why there are no snakes in Ireland and how to dance a jig. Together they learn about shamrocks and the life story of St. Patrick. It's a busy, fun-filled day as the children learn why so many people celebrate St. Patrick's Day whether they are Irish or not.

The Bottom Line: This picture book is a pleasant introduction to the activities involved in celebrating St. Patrick's Day. It is a good choice for classroom storytime for kids in grades K - 2. If you enjoy this one, check out the other books in the series.

This review also appears at the Mini Book Bytes Book Review Blog. ( )
  aya.herron | May 14, 2016 |
Very interesting, says my 13 year old. This is a good introduction or supplement to St. Patricks Day, and the events that surround it as school children each take turns in their own way to tell a different part of why we celebrate this holiday. ( )
  Ermina | Feb 25, 2016 |
This is a children's book about classroom activites surrounding St. Patrick's Day. It's okay, not as entertaining as others I've read lately. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |

Anne Rockwellprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rockwell, LizzyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060501979, Hardcover)

On St. Parick's Day, come dance a jig with the students in the classroom ALA Booklist calls "a lively place."

Today in Mrs. Madoff's class we all wore something green to school. Kate played the fiddle and we danced to Irish music. Then we learned about St. Patrick and many Irish tales and traditions. Now we know why there are no snakes in Ireland. Not every-one in school is all Irish like me, but we all can celebrate St. Patrick's Day together!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:38 -0400)

Mrs. Madoff's students celebrate Saint Patrick's Day by making class presentations about the history of the holiday and Irish traditions and culture.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,962,559 books! | Top bar: Always visible