Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George

Princess of Glass (2010)

by Jessica Day George

When Poppy, one of the fabled twelve dancing princesses, becomes the target of a vengeful witch, the valiant Prince Christian works to help her.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Jul 29, 2017 |
Poppy was once one of the Twelve Dancing Princesses, and after her curse to dance every night in the underworld was broken (in [b: Princess of the Midnight Ball|3697927|Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess, #1)|Jessica Day George|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1312063284s/3697927.jpg|3741438]), she resolved never to dance again. But during an ambassadorial visit to Breton she becomes a side character in a twisted version of Cinderella, and realizes that she just might have to dance at at least one more ball to break the evil spells flying around the ballrooms of Breton.

I really liked Poppy, who is stalwart and sensible but far from a perfect princess. And I enjoyed the unexpected twists and turns this story took, from "Cinderella" being a sulky housemaid who hopes for better things, to the glass slippers being made from magical, molten glass. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
I really enjoyed the first half of this book. The pacing was nice, characters well developed, I didn't feel like I missed anything from not having read Princess of the Midnight Ball first. So I was disappointed with the rushed ending. It had a hurry up and get this over with feeling. If the author had taken another 100 pages or whatever was necessary to explain a little more to tidy up the ending it would have made this a much better read. ( )
  slsmitty25 | Feb 11, 2015 |
Wish I had read this closer to reading her other Princess book to be able to better remember what happened, but I was able to piece enough together to carry on. I LOVE her books! I will be waiting impatiently for the next. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
This is book 2 in the series, following princess Poppy, one of the twelve sisters from the previous book. Somewhat sideways to Poppy's own story, there's a highly unusual and modern retelling of Cinderella in there that throws a completely different light on the tale. Fairy godmothers, it seems, don't have to be quite so one-dimensionally benevolent. I think even those who aren't drawn to reworked fairy tales would find something to love in this story, which is an adventure tale of saving friends and defeating evil. It's both funny and clever, and I highly recommend it! ( )
  terriko | Dec 7, 2013 |
"Perfect," the Corley said, lips stretched wide in a smile.

Hoping to escape the troubles in her kingdom, Princess Poppy reluctantly agrees to take part in a royal exchange program. She travels abroad hoping to find better political alliances and perhaps a marriage. But thanks to a vengeful fairy, Poppy's happily ever after gets complicated.
[retrieved from Amazon 1/19/2012]

In the midst of maneuverings to create political alliances through marriage, sixteen-year-old Poppy, one of the infamous twelve dancing princesses, becomes the target of a vengeful witch while Prince Christian tries to save her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,495,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible