Princess of Glass (Twelve Dancing…

Princess of Glass (Twelve Dancing Princesses) (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Jessica Day George

Member:terriko
Title:Princess of Glass (Twelve Dancing Princesses)
Authors:Jessica Day George
Info:Bloomsbury USA Childrens (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 272 pages
Rating:*****

Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George (2010)

Wish I had read this closer to reading her other Princess book to be able to better remember what happened, but I was able to piece enough together to carry on. I LOVE her books! I will be waiting impatiently for the next. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
This is book 2 in the series, following princess Poppy, one of the twelve sisters from the previous book. Somewhat sideways to Poppy's own story, there's a highly unusual and modern retelling of Cinderella in there that throws a completely different light on the tale. Fairy godmothers, it seems, don't have to be quite so one-dimensionally benevolent. I think even those who aren't drawn to reworked fairy tales would find something to love in this story, which is an adventure tale of saving friends and defeating evil. It's both funny and clever, and I highly recommend it! ( )
  terriko | Dec 7, 2013 |
For those of you who read Princess of the Midnight Ball, you’ll remember Princess Poppy. She was one of the sisters under the enchantment of the wicked King Under Stone (shudders).

Poppy makes a return appearance here, when she participates in a royal exchange program. The idea of the program is to create strong political alliances and possibly see some marriages too. It’s all going well, until we learn that a poor servant girl has been tricked by a wicked fairy godmother into impersonating a princess and trying to steal all the eligible men away from Poppy. The lengths she goes to in order to best Poppy are awesome. I couldn’t wait for each new ball to see what was going to happen next.

For lovers of fairy tales and fairy tale retellings, you’ll be in heaven. This one is masterfully done and seamlessly weaves elements of Cinderella in. You’ll get your fill of beautiful ball gowns, political and princess-y intrigue, fairy godmothers, and one rather plucky heroine.

I loved Poppy. She was one of my favorite characters in Princess of the Midnight Ball and I was thrilled to see her make a repeat appearance here. She’s the kind of heroine you can really get behind and cheer for. The gal who makes her own way in life, even though she’s a princess. The gal who takes matters into her own hands and doesn’t wait for someone else to do the dirty work. She’s a character who’s really easy to look up to.

LOVE.

I could go on and on about how much I love this book (and Jessica Day George’s other books too, for that matter), but I think you get the picture.

Just go read the book, okay?
  emmyson | Oct 9, 2013 |
I think I liked this one even more than the first ([b:Princess of the Midnight Ball|3697927|Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1)|Jessica Day George|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1312063284s/3697927.jpg|3741438]: it's Cinderella retold, but in a way I'd never seen before, and I love that sort of thing.

Again, a sweet, fun, quick read that I would recommend to anyone that enjoys fairy tale retellings. This is a sequel to the first book, but the focus has shifted from the first book's main character to one of her younger sisters. There was a lot of nice humor, beautiful clothes, and some great characters. ( )
  srearley | Sep 21, 2013 |
Another wonderful fairy tale re-telling by Jessica Day George. This book follows Princess Poppy (from the Princess of the Midnight Ball) as she untangles the mystery of "Princess Ella" and her godmother benefactor. Along the way, Poppy (who has sworn off dancing because of the curse in Midnight Ball) will be forced to confront royal balls and falling in love with the likeable Prince Christian. All the elements of the Cinderella story are here with new twists and turns! ( )
  SparklePonies | Apr 26, 2013 |
"Perfect," the Corley said, lips stretched wide in a smile.

Hoping to escape the troubles in her kingdom, Princess Poppy reluctantly agrees to take part in a royal exchange program. She travels abroad hoping to find better political alliances and perhaps a marriage. But thanks to a vengeful fairy, Poppy's happily ever after gets complicated.
[retrieved from Amazon 1/19/2012]

In the midst of maneuverings to create political alliances through marriage, sixteen-year-old Poppy, one of the infamous twelve dancing princesses, becomes the target of a vengeful witch while Prince Christian tries to save her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,430,046 books! | Top bar: Always visible