Fables by Arnold Lobel

Fables (original 1980; edition 1983)

by Arnold Lobel, Arnold Lobel (Illustrator)

Member:ArielDean
Title:Fables
Authors:Arnold Lobel
Other authors:Arnold Lobel (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (1983), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 48 pages
Tags:grade 3-6 Easy

Fables by Arnold Lobel (1980)

This is a book full of many fables. They are very creative, short, and have a good moral or lesson at the end.
  jessicayambra | Feb 8, 2016 |
This book has short stories and good to teach about fables.
  EvelynCoria | Dec 6, 2015 |
I really enjoyed reading this book for many different reasons. I liked this book because inside of this book it has page after page of fables. Each page is a new fable. I liked this because a reader does not know what the next fable is going to be about. One of the fables I read was called, “The Baboon’s Umbrella.” I liked this fable because on the bottom of the page after the fable, the author wrote the moral of the fable. In this specific fable, “The Baboon’s Umbrella”, the author wrote, “Advice from friends is like the weather. Some of it is good; some of it is bad.” I liked this because it really pushed readers to think about what the fable was about and then connect it to the moral on the bottom on the page. I also liked the illustrations of this book because each illustration represented the fable. The illustrations were also drawn using a lot of detail and color. This added to each specific fable. This was a Modern Fantasy book because the author included logical plots, however the stories had never happened in real life. The themes throughout each fable also reflect what it means to be human. Readers can relate each of these fables morals back to their own lives and that makes this book relate to children.
  katiebanaszak | Nov 3, 2015 |
33 months - O has insisted on reading this cover to cover even though they are short stories/fables. I'd actually like to own this book. There are some great morals in these stories that would be good to read as she gets older. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
More lessons a la' Aesop - but some are also quite funny. Some aren't advice I would take - but then again the moral of one is "Advice from friends is like the weather. Some of it is good; some of it is bad." If you've ever felt as if you want to be friends with Frog and Toad and their creator, read this book. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
A crocodile became increasingly fond of the wallpaper in his bedroom.
I have made my decision...I have never seen the ocean, and it is high time that I did. Nothing can make me change my mind.

'Short, original fables with fresh, unexpected morals poke subtle fun at human foibles through the antics of animals. . . . The droll illustrations, with tones blended to luminescent shading, are complete and humorous themselves.' -- Association of Library Service to Children, ALA.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:34 -0400)

Twenty original fables about an array of animal characters from crocodile to ostrich.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,216,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible