Fables by Arnold Lobel

Fables (original 1980; edition 1983)

by Arnold Lobel, Arnold Lobel (Illustrator)

1,605404,529 (4)35
Member:ArielDean
Title:Fables
Authors:Arnold Lobel
Other authors:Arnold Lobel (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (1983), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 48 pages
Tags:grade 3-6 Easy

Fables by Arnold Lobel (1980)

What a great Caldecott medal book containing, short, one-page fables with lovely illustrations by Lobel. Each illustrated fable contains the moral of the story.
  Whisper1 | Jul 22, 2016 |
When a savage creature known only as the Adversary conquered the fabled lands of legends and fairy tales, all of the infamous inhabitants of folklore were forced into exile. ( )
  lindy_brooke | Apr 12, 2016 |
This book contains 20 fables that your children will love reading!
  wichitafriendsschool | Mar 25, 2016 |
This book is full of one page stories based on teaching lessons. The lessons that should be taken away are written on the bottom of the page. On of my favorite stories in this book is The Lobster and The Crab. On a stormy day, a lobster decides to go on a boat ride. The crab, being his friend, refused to let the lobster go alone. While the boat is tossing and capsizing, the crab is panicking, where the lobster is calmly reminding him that they are sea creatures. When the boast sinks, the sea creatures take a leisurely stroll along the ocean floor. The moral of this story was "Even the taking of small risks will add excitement to life". ( )
  amberloposser | Feb 18, 2016 |
This is a book full of many fables. They are very creative, short, and have a good moral or lesson at the end. Since this book offers a variety of good, kid-friendly fables, I would use this book in my classroom when we are learning about the characteristics of fables and then let each student choose a fable to talk about its characteristics that make it a good fable story.
  jessicayambra | Feb 8, 2016 |
A crocodile became increasingly fond of the wallpaper in his bedroom.
I have made my decision...I have never seen the ocean, and it is high time that I did. Nothing can make me change my mind.

'Short, original fables with fresh, unexpected morals poke subtle fun at human foibles through the antics of animals. . . . The droll illustrations, with tones blended to luminescent shading, are complete and humorous themselves.' -- Association of Library Service to Children, ALA.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:34 -0400)

Twenty original fables about an array of animal characters from crocodile to ostrich.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,394,271 books! | Top bar: Always visible