Fables by Arnold Lobel

Fables (original 1980; edition 1983)

by Arnold Lobel, Arnold Lobel (Illustrator)

Member:ArielDean
Title:Fables
Authors:Arnold Lobel
Other authors:Arnold Lobel (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (1983), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 48 pages
Tags:grade 3-6 Easy

Fables by Arnold Lobel (1980)

Recently added byaevans84, rickyrickyricky, TBluel, private library, bairdschool, delbot, kerrygiven

really enjoyable short fables. So many and so creative. ( )
  MiguelPut | Aug 4, 2014 |
Fables is a collection of short stories that teach a lesson. The stories are entertaining and easy to read, but make an obvious point to teach a lesson.
I found the stories very interesting, they are quick reads and very easy to understand what is the meaning behind the story.
These stories could easily be used as examples to inspire children to create their own stories and/or morals. This could also be used to open conversation about morals. ( )
  Dyne001 | Jul 7, 2014 |
This book has charming traditional stories presented in one page sections. The illustrations are often laugh provoking and definitely add meaning to some new vocabulary introduced.
  BrandiMichelle | Jun 9, 2014 |
This has twenty orginial fables about an array of animal characters, from the crocodile to the ostrich, and the lessons and morals they learn through their thoughts, actions, and words. I would use this with all grades because it is important to learn life lessons and apply to daily life in and out of school.
  rekrumrie | Dec 10, 2013 |
This book was pretty interesting. I really enjoyed the pictures and I like how after each fable, there is a lesson to the story and it tells you the lesson at the bottom. ( )
  lnmeadows | Oct 9, 2013 |
A crocodile became increasingly fond of the wallpaper in his bedroom.
I have made my decision...I have never seen the ocean, and it is high time that I did. Nothing can make me change my mind.

'Short, original fables with fresh, unexpected morals poke subtle fun at human foibles through the antics of animals. . . . The droll illustrations, with tones blended to luminescent shading, are complete and humorous themselves.' -- Association of Library Service to Children, ALA.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:01 -0400)

Twenty original fables about an array of animal characters from crocodile to ostrich.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,116,912 books! | Top bar: Always visible