Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
Other authors:Leslie Meier, Laura Levine
Info:Kensington (2011), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Christmas

Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke (Contributor) (2010)

English (21)  Piratical (1)  All languages (22)
I was still in love with Hannah at this point. Being trapped in a snow storm and trying to find a murder is not an original plot. ( )
  annertan | Jul 31, 2014 |
Gingerbread Cookie Murder proved to be a fun, holiday read that I really enjoyed. I have to admit that before I read this book I was only familiar with Fluke's Hannah Swensen series so the other two series were new to me. Fluke delivered another great mystery full of the humor, mystery, hint of romance, and mentions of some tasteful treats. I really enjoyed "Gingerbread Cookie Murder" finding it another delightful addition to the series. "The Dangers of Gingerbread Cookies" was a fun and great introduction to Levine's Jaine Austen series. Levine does a great job at combining humor, mystery, and family fun when Jaine visits her parents for Christmas and stumbles across a murder. I definitely plan on checking out more books in this series because I can't wait to read more Jaine adventures. "Gingerbread Cookies and Gunshots" also proved to be a great read and introduction to the Lucy Stone series. Meier really captures the reader's heart as Lucy investigates the disappearance of a child right before Christmas. Full of many twists and turns, this story proves to be a great read with a holiday miracle of its own. Overall this anthology proved to be a great holiday read that I would most definitely recommend. ( )
  Sable677 | Dec 8, 2013 |
When Hannah Swensen finds her neighbor dead in his condo, she has a perfect excuse for snooping into the police investigation. Mike, her sometimes beau as well as a police officer, asks her to prepare snacks for the crime scene investigators. She goes all out and fixes an entire meal, figuring she can eavesdrop while they eat. All of the evidence is circumstantial, and when the police believe they have enough to make an arrest, Hannah is convinced they've got the wrong person. With the help of her other boyfriend, Norman, will Hannah be able to find the true murderer?

In another novella, part-time journalist Lucy Stone is upset when a cute 4-year-old boy is kidnapped right before Christmas. She has a soft spot for little Nemo. When she finds little Nemo's father's body in his car, with evidence that Nemo had been with him, she becomes very alarmed. Is Nemo still alive, and if he is, can she find him before Christmas?

The Hannah Swensen mystery isn't bad if you ignore the fact that Hannah and her sister tamper with police evidence, as is their habit. It's a wonder that Mike and Hannah's brother-in-law, Bill, still have jobs with the police department. They'd be in a heap of trouble in real life. The Lucy Stone mystery wasn't as well plotted as others I've read in this series. However, I really like Lucy and her family and I like to check in on them occasionally. I'm quite upset with her son, Toby, and his in-laws. What kind of son plans to take his parents' only grandchild on a Christmas cruise for the first Christmas he's old enough to appreciate? The families live close enough that, if the in-laws had stayed home, they could have all seen little Patrick on Christmas day. And to wait until just days before Christmas to tell your mother you won't be home? Well, that's just thoughtless.

I decided not to read the third novella in this collection. I haven't cared for the other Jaine Austen mysteries I've read. Why make myself read something I probably won't enjoy? Usually I'd feel compelled to read it anyway. This time I was able to talk myself out of it. ( )
  cbl_tn | Dec 30, 2012 |
I bought this book for two reasons: One is part of the $1 deal on my kindle and two I was looking for something fun to read for Christmas. I'm glad I got this.This really is a cute, light, christmassy read for the holidays. I was able to read it in one day and I had fun doing it. This book is a collection of three novella's all dealing with Christmas mysteries.The first novella deals with an annoying neighbor that winds up dead. Our lead character is accused of the murder at first but upon digging deeper, she realizes that the murderer is someone close to her!The second deals with a woman visiting her parents in Florida for Christmas. A wealthy doctor in the retirement community ends up dead during a community play which leads everyone to question which lady could be responsible. The dead doctor played a lot of them so it could have been anyone except the most obvious.And the third deals with the kidnapping of a young child from what the town considers to be questionable parents. Local reporter Lucy Stone feels for the boy and even the family until something about the entire situation doesn't make sense. What turns out to be a tragedy turns into a miracle.This is a collection of cute stories that while dealing with murder and crimes have a nice flair for the holidays. They remind us of the bad things about the seasons and yet, the good things too. If you need something fast to read, but fun for the holidays, this is it! ( )
  highflyer | Jan 3, 2012 |
  highflyer | Jan 3, 2012 |

Fluke, JoanneContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Levine, LauraContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Meier, LeslieContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
A Thank You to Kathy Allen for testing lots of Hanna's recipes.
And thanks to John and Kathy's friends for critiquing them.
Twenty-four reindeer burned to a crisp, and it was all her fault!

Gingerbread Cookie Murder
by Joanne Fluke

When Hannah Swensen finds her neighbor Ernie Kusak with his head bashed in and sprawled on the floor of his condo next to an upended box of Hannah's Gingerbread Cookies, she discovers a flurry of murder suspects that's as long as her holiday shopping list.

The Dangers of Gingerbread Cookies
by Laura Levine

Jaine Austen has been enlisted to help with her parents retirement community's play The Gingerbread Cookie That Saved Christmas Playboy Dr. Preston McCay is playing the role of the gingerbread cookie when he accidentally falls to his death during the final act. Now Jaine must figure out if one of the doctor's jealous lovers was capable of murder.

Gingerbread Cookies and Gunshots
by Leslie Meier

When Lucy Stone discovers the body of Rick Juergens, whose five-year-old son Nemo disappeared, she senses foul play. Crumbs from a gingerbread cookie Lucy gave to Nemo are found in the back seat of rick's care.
with the hours quickly ticking till Christmas, Lucy races against the clock to find a killer before he strikes again.

includes over 10 luscious holiday recipes [and one recipe box card]

Hannah Swensen of the Cookie Jar in Lake Eden, Minn., discovers her neighbor's head bashed in; Jaine Austen's holiday stay at her parents' home in the Tampa Vistas retirement community is enlivened by the murder of elderly lothario; and, Maine reporter Lucy Stone investigates a four-year-old boy's disappearance. Includes recipes.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Gingerbread Cookie Murder by lesliemeierjoannaflu was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,707,960 books! | Top bar: Always visible