Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

Gingerbread Cookie Murder (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Joanne Fluke, Leslie Meier, Laura Levine

Member:BevM
Title:Gingerbread Cookie Murder
Authors:Joanne Fluke
Other authors:Leslie Meier, Laura Levine
Info:Kensington (2011), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Christmas

Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke (Contributor) (2010)

English (23)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (25)
Reread this so I am counting it again. ( )
  lhaines56 | Jan 8, 2016 |
I originally checked this book out believing it was another in J. Fluke's series. This book, however, is a compliation of 3 author's works revolving around both gingerbread and Christmas. This is a good light read for the holidays. ( )
  magnolia2 | Apr 7, 2015 |
I was still in love with Hannah at this point. Being trapped in a snow storm and trying to find a murder is not an original plot. ( )
  annertan | Jul 31, 2014 |
Gingerbread Cookie Murder proved to be a fun, holiday read that I really enjoyed. I have to admit that before I read this book I was only familiar with Fluke's Hannah Swensen series so the other two series were new to me. Fluke delivered another great mystery full of the humor, mystery, hint of romance, and mentions of some tasteful treats. I really enjoyed "Gingerbread Cookie Murder" finding it another delightful addition to the series. "The Dangers of Gingerbread Cookies" was a fun and great introduction to Levine's Jaine Austen series. Levine does a great job at combining humor, mystery, and family fun when Jaine visits her parents for Christmas and stumbles across a murder. I definitely plan on checking out more books in this series because I can't wait to read more Jaine adventures. "Gingerbread Cookies and Gunshots" also proved to be a great read and introduction to the Lucy Stone series. Meier really captures the reader's heart as Lucy investigates the disappearance of a child right before Christmas. Full of many twists and turns, this story proves to be a great read with a holiday miracle of its own. Overall this anthology proved to be a great holiday read that I would most definitely recommend. ( )
  Sable677 | Dec 8, 2013 |
When Hannah Swensen finds her neighbor dead in his condo, she has a perfect excuse for snooping into the police investigation. Mike, her sometimes beau as well as a police officer, asks her to prepare snacks for the crime scene investigators. She goes all out and fixes an entire meal, figuring she can eavesdrop while they eat. All of the evidence is circumstantial, and when the police believe they have enough to make an arrest, Hannah is convinced they've got the wrong person. With the help of her other boyfriend, Norman, will Hannah be able to find the true murderer?

In another novella, part-time journalist Lucy Stone is upset when a cute 4-year-old boy is kidnapped right before Christmas. She has a soft spot for little Nemo. When she finds little Nemo's father's body in his car, with evidence that Nemo had been with him, she becomes very alarmed. Is Nemo still alive, and if he is, can she find him before Christmas?

The Hannah Swensen mystery isn't bad if you ignore the fact that Hannah and her sister tamper with police evidence, as is their habit. It's a wonder that Mike and Hannah's brother-in-law, Bill, still have jobs with the police department. They'd be in a heap of trouble in real life. The Lucy Stone mystery wasn't as well plotted as others I've read in this series. However, I really like Lucy and her family and I like to check in on them occasionally. I'm quite upset with her son, Toby, and his in-laws. What kind of son plans to take his parents' only grandchild on a Christmas cruise for the first Christmas he's old enough to appreciate? The families live close enough that, if the in-laws had stayed home, they could have all seen little Patrick on Christmas day. And to wait until just days before Christmas to tell your mother you won't be home? Well, that's just thoughtless.

I decided not to read the third novella in this collection. I haven't cared for the other Jaine Austen mysteries I've read. Why make myself read something I probably won't enjoy? Usually I'd feel compelled to read it anyway. This time I was able to talk myself out of it. ( )
  cbl_tn | Dec 30, 2012 |

Fluke, JoanneContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Levine, LauraContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Meier, LeslieContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
A Thank You to Kathy Allen for testing lots of Hanna's recipes.
And thanks to John and Kathy's friends for critiquing them.
Twenty-four reindeer burned to a crisp, and it was all her fault!

Gingerbread Cookie Murder
by Joanne Fluke

When Hannah Swensen finds her neighbor Ernie Kusak with his head bashed in and sprawled on the floor of his condo next to an upended box of Hannah's Gingerbread Cookies, she discovers a flurry of murder suspects that's as long as her holiday shopping list.

The Dangers of Gingerbread Cookies
by Laura Levine

Jaine Austen has been enlisted to help with her parents retirement community's play The Gingerbread Cookie That Saved Christmas Playboy Dr. Preston McCay is playing the role of the gingerbread cookie when he accidentally falls to his death during the final act. Now Jaine must figure out if one of the doctor's jealous lovers was capable of murder.

Gingerbread Cookies and Gunshots
by Leslie Meier

When Lucy Stone discovers the body of Rick Juergens, whose five-year-old son Nemo disappeared, she senses foul play. Crumbs from a gingerbread cookie Lucy gave to Nemo are found in the back seat of rick's care.
with the hours quickly ticking till Christmas, Lucy races against the clock to find a killer before he strikes again.

includes over 10 luscious holiday recipes [and one recipe box card]

Hannah Swensen of the Cookie Jar in Lake Eden, Minn., discovers her neighbor's head bashed in; Jaine Austen's holiday stay at her parents' home in the Tampa Vistas retirement community is enlivened by the murder of elderly lothario; and, Maine reporter Lucy Stone investigates a four-year-old boy's disappearance. Includes recipes.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Gingerbread Cookie Murder by lesliemeierjoannaflu was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,250,519 books! | Top bar: Always visible