Mini-Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Mini-Shopaholic

by Sophie Kinsella

1,020438,327 (3.61)20

English (42)  Dutch (1)  All languages (43)
Light-hearted and fun. Becky always finds the most amazing way out of her dilemmas. ( )
  Cleoxcat | May 28, 2015 |
Mini-Shopaholic

The Characters

Becky Brandon (neè Bloomwood)
Luke Brandon
Mini Brandon

and a host of family and friends

The Story

Although I love Becky Bloomwood her tendency to dig herself into the biggest holes with stupid lies has gotten a little old. Also I think this book suffered from too many plots. They seemed to add up to just be a hundred pages of extra nonsense for no reason.

I will say I loved the main story of Becky throwing Luke a party and all the ways the surprise was almost thwarted. I loved Becky and Mini’s visits to Lady a.k.a. Elinor. (I’d really like to know what happened between Elinor and Luke.) The ending was beautiful and I am on board to see what adventures the Brandon’s find in L.A.

The Random Thoughts

3 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Feb 28, 2015 |
Another great Becky story!!! Hope we get some LA adventures!! ( )
  cocktailsandbooks | Apr 7, 2014 |
Same as the others.... ( )
  TheInvernessie | Nov 26, 2013 |
Becky Brandon's newest adventure also features her two-year old daughter, who seems to have inherited some of her mother's traits and most prominently her love for shopping. As usual Becky gets herself into tense and absurd situations and how she gets out of them is simply hilarious. Her family has to live through the great financial crisis and through all of it Becky is resolved on giving a splendorous surprise party.

I liked this latest adventure of Becky. She has grown up since her first book, but can't help herself but to get into one fix after another, which is probably the reason why we love her so much. However, I'm sometimes missing the brilliant wit of the first book. ( )
  Zurpel | Sep 22, 2013 |
For Allegra, mini shopaholic-in-training
OK. Don't panic.

Nothing comes between Becky Brandon (née Bloomwood) and her bargains. Neither act of God nor budget crunch can shatter her dreams of wall-to-wall Prada. Every milestone in her well-shopped life (travel, long-lost sister, marriage, pregnancy) inspires new vistas to explore in the name of retail therapy. But now Becky faces her greatest little challenge yet: her two-year-old daughter, Minnie.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,432,064 books! | Top bar: Always visible