Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison by…

Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison

by Brandon Mull

The final book of the series! And I have to say I am so impressed with how the story wraps up. The final solution is clever and smart--and completely believable (assuming you can handle the dragons, wyverns, demons, etc etc).

I also very much like how Mull includes a final chapter on how this really is the last in the series. There will be no surprise continuations in a few years. He is moving onto other things. Which is great--maybe we will see some of these characters again, or maybe not. It will not be in the context of Fablehaven, in any case. I think with a middle grade/YA series (this series kind of straddles that divide) it is even more important to just end it. The audience shifts as kids become old enough to read these, and the others age out. My 7th grader finished this last fall, he has read 1+ a year since 4th grade. His reading has improved dramatically over that time. But he too is ready to move on. This was his favorite of the series. ( )
  Dreesie | Apr 27, 2016 |
Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison: By Brandon Mull

Great book that will keep you guessing!

*****
The Demon Prison is about to open.
Everyone is constantly moving and constantly worried.
Anyone could be their friend, anyone could be their enemy.
Was the society really about to win?
Was the world really going to end?
This is a great book fiction book that will constantly make you wonder.
It takes a little bit to actually start the book, but once you are into the book you can’t stop reading.
I would recommend this book from the ages of 11 and older.
I would definitely recommend this book because you will never be bored while reading it! ( )
  mgoo0262 | Dec 15, 2015 |
Kendra, Seth, and the Knights of the Dawn continue to take the last possible steps to safeguard the keys and locks placed on Zzyzx. Seth was taken captive to a preserve called the Living Mirage owned by their worst enemy, the Sphinx .When they tried to save him using the last key to teleport to his prison, they were captured and the society gained all of the necessary keys to open the demon prison Zzyzx. They gained two new allies and found an old friend during her quick visit in the same cell as her brother had been. One named Bracken is a unicorn stuck in his human state. The three, Kendra, Warren, and Bracken, took the very last steps to prevent the demon prison from being destroyed and opening. After retreating over to the preserve's wall, the three raced to beat the Society to the final locks that held Zzyzx shut. During Bracken’s journey, Bracken found an old friend. Meanwhile, Seth was trying to come to terms with coulter a close friend's death at the perserve. Patton Burgess, in a letter to Seth, suggests some desperate courses of action to prevent the unleashing of the demon horde. He must gain a powerful weapon, a remarkable sword called the Vasilis that may save the world. When all of the demon prison's locks were undone, they prepared their defenses. They all meet up at the place where the ship Lady Luck will take them to Shoreless Isle. They use the items to summon the Lady Luck. Seth They search for one of the Fairy Queen’s shrines near Zzyzx. Kendra and Bracken speak once more to the Fairy Queen and they have one final secret plan that may just grant success. The astrids', old warriors of the fairy queen are summoned into warriors to hold off the demon horde. Bracken needed the five artifacts, so Seth, some astrids, and the Sphinx teleport using one of the arifacts into the dome and reclaim the artifacts. After evacuating her world, the Fairy Queen traps the demons into her world, and makes the old demon prison Zzyzx her new home. After a success on the battlefield, Kendra, Seth, and all creatures of Light must wait to see whether Bracken's plan would work and whether the world would live to see a dawning of a new age of security. Very soon they are working to build the new kingdom in the place that was once Zzynx. After that, Kendra is relieved in joy because her family is released and is able to once again be reunited with her family.

I gave this book five stars for many reasons. The vast description that Brandon Mull put so much time into, made it feel like I was constantly in a 3D movie. The constant flares of action made me hold my breath to see what would happen. I would recommend this book for anyone who enjoys action, and a vast taste for adventure. And finally, I’d recommend this book for anyone who wants to be immersed into a world of imagination. ( )
  JohnS.B4 | Mar 23, 2015 |
Ages 8 - 13
  walkerspointlibrary | Nov 10, 2014 |
For the librarians, teachers, booksellers, and readers who have made Fablehaven a success!
Seth knew he should not be here.

Since ancient times, the great demon prison Zzyzx has protected the world from the most dangerous servants of darkness, including Gorgrog, the Demon King. After centuries of plotting, the Sphinx is on the verge of recovering the five artifacts necessary to open the legendary prison. To thwart the Sphinx's designs and find a safe home for the five artifacts, Kendra, Seth, and the Knights of the Dawn must venture far beyond the walls of Fablehaven in a desperate struggle to control the keys to the demon prison.… (more)

215 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,874,020 books! | Top bar: Always visible