Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison by…

Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison

by Brandon Mull

Recently added bynskouson, meizzner, Mrs.Pincock, LutheranSouthUnity, private library, vivirielle

Kendra, Seth, and the Knights of the Dawn continue to take the last possible steps to safeguard the keys and locks placed on Zzyzx. Seth was taken captive to a preserve called the Living Mirage owned by their worst enemy, the Sphinx .When they tried to save him using the last key to teleport to his prison, they were captured and the society gained all of the necessary keys to open the demon prison Zzyzx. They gained two new allies and found an old friend during her quick visit in the same cell as her brother had been. One named Bracken is a unicorn stuck in his human state. The three, Kendra, Warren, and Bracken, took the very last steps to prevent the demon prison from being destroyed and opening. After retreating over to the preserve's wall, the three raced to beat the Society to the final locks that held Zzyzx shut. During Bracken’s journey, Bracken found an old friend. Meanwhile, Seth was trying to come to terms with coulter a close friend's death at the perserve. Patton Burgess, in a letter to Seth, suggests some desperate courses of action to prevent the unleashing of the demon horde. He must gain a powerful weapon, a remarkable sword called the Vasilis that may save the world. When all of the demon prison's locks were undone, they prepared their defenses. They all meet up at the place where the ship Lady Luck will take them to Shoreless Isle. They use the items to summon the Lady Luck. Seth They search for one of the Fairy Queen’s shrines near Zzyzx. Kendra and Bracken speak once more to the Fairy Queen and they have one final secret plan that may just grant success. The astrids', old warriors of the fairy queen are summoned into warriors to hold off the demon horde. Bracken needed the five artifacts, so Seth, some astrids, and the Sphinx teleport using one of the arifacts into the dome and reclaim the artifacts. After evacuating her world, the Fairy Queen traps the demons into her world, and makes the old demon prison Zzyzx her new home. After a success on the battlefield, Kendra, Seth, and all creatures of Light must wait to see whether Bracken's plan would work and whether the world would live to see a dawning of a new age of security. Very soon they are working to build the new kingdom in the place that was once Zzynx. After that, Kendra is relieved in joy because her family is released and is able to once again be reunited with her family.

I gave this book five stars for many reasons. The vast description that Brandon Mull put so much time into, made it feel like I was constantly in a 3D movie. The constant flares of action made me hold my breath to see what would happen. I would recommend this book for anyone who enjoys action, and a vast taste for adventure. And finally, I’d recommend this book for anyone who wants to be immersed into a world of imagination. ( )
  JohnS.B4 | Mar 23, 2015 |
Ages 8 - 13
  walkerspointlibrary | Nov 10, 2014 |
If I could give a book more than five stars, I would give this one six or seven! A very good ending to an excellent series. This last book was at least as good as the last books in the Harry Potter series. It's been a long time since I couldn't put a book down, but this one kept me reading. Extremely well-written, well thought-out, likeable characters, and just great fun to read. ( )
  piersanti | Sep 28, 2014 |
What an ending to an wonderful series.I couldn't have asked for anything better than this.This one outshines the other books of the series completely.The best thing was ,Brendan Mull was able to maintain the excitement and the mystery till the end.I couldn't guess what would happen next or at the end no matter how hard I tried.

The story was complicated and full of magical wonders than ever.At the first part the good guys tried to retrieve the one of the last artifacts,got ambushed and some of them ended up being captured.Remaining ones formed a plan to rescue them and ran into disaster.Allies got separated but new friendships formed in the hard times.Sphinx's secrets was revealed and the bad guys reached their goal.
But wait for it,here came the twist.It didn't happened as the way readers expected it to be.It was really refreshing to see how the author constantly changed courses and brought surprises at every corner.

I liked the character of the dragon Raxtus.He matured very well in this book.I loved those satyrs.They were simply hilarious,a relief of fresh air into the dire situations.
But my favorite character was Seth.He was so good in it.I was glad Seth got a lot of focus in this book.I never quite like Kendra.She was too good and obedient.It was not natural for a kid.But Seth was a real character.He made mistakes but tried the hardest to unmake them too.That was the brilliant part of him.I was sad that he didn't get to establish a tower.And really I couldn't believe the fairy queen was actually.......well if I continue any longer I will spill everything out.A great book,feeling sad that the series had ended. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
For the librarians, teachers, booksellers, and readers who have made Fablehaven a success!
Seth knew he should not be here.

Since ancient times, the great demon prison Zzyzx has protected the world from the most dangerous servants of darkness, including Gorgrog, the Demon King. After centuries of plotting, the Sphinx is on the verge of recovering the five artifacts necessary to open the legendary prison. To thwart the Sphinx's designs and find a safe home for the five artifacts, Kendra, Seth, and the Knights of the Dawn must venture far beyond the walls of Fablehaven in a desperate struggle to control the keys to the demon prison.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,201,005 books! | Top bar: Always visible