Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison by…

Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison

by Brandon Mull

I read the entire Fablehaven series. I would recommend them to almost anyone. They have action, humor, adventure, and suspense. Keys to the Demon Prison is the last book in the five book series. You would definitely want to read the first four before you read this one. I really liked the first one, and they just got better and better.

The books are based on the characters Seth and Kendra. The brother and sister team try to save Fablehaven, and in the series they put their lives on the line to continue to help their grandparents keep mythical creatures safe.

In the finale, Keys to the Demon Prison, Seth continuously throws himself in the path of danger. He has to travel to different locations gathering items to prevent demons from taking over the world. Zzyxx is the demon prison that houses the world's deadliest demons including the demon king. Kendra also puts her life on the line, but most of the time, she is just trying to figure out how to keep her brother alive.

If you liked Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and Eregon, then you will really like Brandon Mull's series. ( )
  br14zape | Oct 9, 2013 |
Great for new readers or younger teens...just couldn't keep my attention, though. ( )
  publiusdb | Aug 22, 2013 |
What a fun, clean series these Fablehaven books are! I really enjoy the fantasy and the imagination of Brandon Mull. He does a great job creating a world filled with magical creatures, and unlike many of the fantasy genre today, he teaches some good moral lessons along the way. I have to hand it to him.

My only criticism is still that his dialogue is just so strained and formal! Everyone talks in the same way with few exceptions, and I'm afraid I found myself editing him all the time in my mind. In fact, some of the magical creatures talked more like modern humans than the humans did! But he has gotten better, and I daresay this is the best book in the series. Really fun with lots of cool twists. And did I mention clean? I love clean books! ( )
  jessibelle34 | Jul 14, 2013 |
Absolutely adored this series, one of my new all time favorites. Brandon Mull is an extraordinary writer with a real gift. I loved his secondary characters, who knew satyrs are funny in every book?
These have the elements I long for in all my favorites, humor, wisdom, characters I care deeply about, a fantastic setting and bonus illustrations.
I don't know what age these were written for and I don't care, they were ageless fun.
I am very much looking forward to more of his work. ( )
  Mirkwood | May 10, 2013 |
Mr. Mull's writing has improved over the course of the series - he still tends to make lists of things but the overall flow is definitely better in this book. My kids and I were sad to see the end of this series - we have enjoyed reading it aloud. This book was full of disappointments, but also there were great moments of bravery and courage. I especially enjoyed the illustrations of such ideas as obedience and making choices and what the consequences of those choices might be. Great things to talk with kids about and a fun way to do it. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Nov 6, 2012 |
For the librarians, teachers, booksellers, and readers who have made Fablehaven a success!
Seth knew he should not be here.

Since ancient times, the great demon prison Zzyzx has protected the world from the most dangerous servants of darkness, including Gorgrog, the Demon King. After centuries of plotting, the Sphinx is on the verge of recovering the five artifacts necessary to open the legendary prison. To thwart the Sphinx's designs and find a safe home for the five artifacts, Kendra, Seth, and the Knights of the Dawn must venture far beyond the walls of Fablehaven in a desperate struggle to control the keys to the demon prison.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,667,898 books! | Top bar: Always visible