How to Clean Your Room in 10 Easy Steps by…

How to Clean Your Room in 10 Easy Steps

by Jennifer Larue Huget

The illustrations were cute, and I could see where elementary readers could find this funny. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
The tongue-in-cheek humor will appeal to elementary students. The pen-and-ink and watercolor illustrations crackle with vitality, but the exuberant cross-hatching may make it hard for larger classes to really see the pictures clearly. ( )
  KimJD | Apr 8, 2013 |
Cute book. It was not at all what I expected. I was browsing ebooks from my library and saw this. I assumed it was geared towards tween, with advice on how to tackle cleaning a room. But it is a picture book, geared towards the early grades and it is FUNNY. Advising kids to shove everything under the bed, in the closet, etc. It reminds me a lot of [b:How to Eat Like a Child: And Other Lessons in Not Being a Grown-up|408106|How to Eat Like a Child And Other Lessons in Not Being a Grown-up|Delia Ephron|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1174500994s/408106.jpg|574141], though that one was geared towards adults! If you have small kids, they will enjoy this, and you will enjoy sharing the story with them. ( )
  Time2Read2 | Mar 31, 2013 |
I was amused, as were both the girls. My favorite part was "arrange all your stuffed animals." Too true.

Library copy ( )
  Kaethe | Mar 29, 2013 |
This book is very funny and simple. It explains the exact opposite of the title. The little girl in the book just pushes everything under her bed instead of actually cleaning her room. I probably wound not read it to my students because there is no lesson taught in this book. ( )
  cspine | Jan 29, 2013 |

Got a messy room? No problem!

This simple, laugh-out-loud picture-book guide to cleaning your room is sure to make picking up a snap. Here is the first rule: Always wait until your mother hollers, "GET UP THERE AND CLEAN YOUR ROOM—NOW!" using all three of your names. Once she does, you'd better get moving. From dumping out drawers and dividing stuff into piles to arranging all eight zillion of your stuffed animals, here's the kind of advice on room tidying that everyone can relate to.

With funny, direct text by Jennifer LaRue Huget and amazing illustrations by New Yorker artist Edward Koren, this book is sure to appeal to messy kids everywhere.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:48 -0400)

A young girl provides unique advice on how to tidy a bedroom.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,321,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible