Henry and the Clubhouse (Henry Huggins) by…

Henry and the Clubhouse (Henry Huggins) (original 1962; edition 1962)

by Beverly Cleary, Tracy Dockray (Illustrator)

Member:scaifea
Title:Henry and the Clubhouse (Henry Huggins)
Authors:Beverly Cleary
Other authors:Tracy Dockray (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (1990), Paperback, 208 pages
Tags:fiction, children's book, Charlie, NEH

Henry and the Clubhouse by Beverly Cleary (1962)

Henry has trouble balancing his paper route, construction on his clubhouse, and dealing with Ramona the Pest.
Charlie is such a fan of Henry Huggins. I love that he loves these books. ( )
  scaifea | Sep 26, 2017 |
One of our favorite one's. Good old Romana—she manages to be a pest and save the day all at the same time. Henry proves to be a capable newspaper boy, get his clubhouse built, and through a good deed, also manages to get his sleeping bag. More laughs along the way for Rebekah and I. One more book in the series to go—Ribsy—and then we will start the Romana books. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
We both really enjoyed this one. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 18, 2015 |
Henry is excited at the prospect of building a clubhouse in his backyard. With the money he earns from his paper route, he hopes to buy a sleeping bag, and be able to stay overnight in the clubhouse once it is finished. However, Ramona the 5 year old who lives nearby keeps interfering with his plans, what can he do to keep her from bothering him?

Another fun read by Beverly Cleary. ( )
  fuzzi | Aug 31, 2014 |

Beverly Clearyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Darling, LouisIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Henry Huggins had a lot of good ideas that fall when he first had his paper route, but somehow his ideas had a way of not turning out as he had planned.

For Henry Huggins and his friends Robert and Murph, a clubhouse is a place where they can do as they please, without being bothered by girls. The sign that says No Girls Allowed -- This Means You especially means Ramona Quimby. Lately Ramona has been following Henry on his newspaper route, embarrassing him in front of Henry's customers. The day Ramona follows Henry to the clubhouse, she wants to teach him girls aren't so bad, but she almost puts an end to his newspaper career forever.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:49 -0400)

Henry Huggins and his friends have some problems when they decide to build a clubhouse--"No girls allowed."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,999,826 books! | Top bar: Always visible