Henry and Ribsy by Beverly Cleary

Henry and Ribsy (1954)

by Beverly Cleary

Series: Henry Huggins (3)

Chief Takes Over by Helen Rushmore (amysisson)
    amysisson: Boy + dog + neighborhood girl who's cool + little everyday troubles.

Another adventurous tale for Henry. I think this one is better than the last, with his rivalry with Scooter heating up over fishing. Ribsy gets him in trouble and out at the same time in more than one instance. Both I and my 8 year old laughed out loud at parts, so it is well worth the read. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
Ok this is hands down our favorite Beverly Cleary book this far. Ribsy is such a character! Reminds us of our Fox Terriers. Loved the ending yay Henry! Can't wait for our Henry to be old enough to read this story to. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
The Ramona books are still my favorites. And the Henry books are just a bit dated. But I'll read anything by Cleary anytime. Even the teen 'romances.' She's my go-to 'comfort' author. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
When I was a kid, I LOVED Beverly Cleary's books. Ramona was my girl. I never read any of Henry's adventures, though. I came across this book at a flea market and bought it. I read it for the first time at 25, and I liked it just as much as I would have at 9. Henry's an average kid, and although the world has changed a lot since Henry and Ribsy were young, these stories are still relatable.
  psychedelicmicrobus | Sep 27, 2013 |

Cleary, Beverlyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Darling, LouisIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dockray, TracyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lambert, ThelmaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
One warm Saturday morning in August, Henry Huggins and his mother and father were eating breakfast in their square white house on Klickitat Street.

At last, Henry Huggins's father has promised to take him fishing, on one condition. Henry's dog, Ribsy, has been in all sorts of trouble lately, from running off with the neighbor's barbecue roast to stealing a policeman's lunch. To go on the fishing trip, Henry must keep Ribsy out of trouble -- no chasing cats, no digging up lawns...and no getting anywhere near little Ramona Quimby, the pest of Klickitat Street.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:16 -0400)

Henry Huggins makes a deal with his father--if Henry can keep his dog Ribsy out of trouble for a month, he can go fishing with his father. Ribsy does his best to make Henry lose the deal.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,257,168 books! | Top bar: Always visible