Life without limits : inspiration for a…

Life without limits : inspiration for a ridiculously good life (2010)

by Nick Vujicic

“My name is Nick Vujicic…I am twenty-seven years old. I was born without any limbs, but I am not constrained by my circumstances.” (pg. vii)

Nick’s entry into the world was a difficult one, his condition a shock to his midwife mother and her husband. Nick provides a brief glimpse into those first moments when his parents discovered their little boy had no arms or legs. The disbelief, the grief and the guilt. But his family held strong religious beliefs and instilled in Nick their belief that he had a purpose in life.

From a tough beginning, to episodes of depression and suicidal thoughts and dealing with bullies, Nick overcomes his limitations, living his life without limits. Religion and faith is a strong theme throughout the book, one that has given Nick strength in his moments of darkness and has validated his being in times of happiness. Nick’s positive attitude bounces off the pages and it is clear how many people he has touched and inspired in his life.

From learning to swim and surf, to motivational speaking to practical jokes- his anecdotes were highly engaging. I laughed out loud when Nick told of the time he posed as a mannequin in a shopfront window and when he hid in the overhead luggage compartment of a plane.

Life Without Limits reads more like a self-help book than an autobiography. So, I found it difficult to rate this book because Nick is a very likeable, generous and passionate person and I enjoyed reading about his life. However, throughout the book there are also messages from Nick about how to live life to the fullest and to believe inyourself. I suppose these aspects of the book didn’t really appeal to me, but I imagine does connect with people who are looking for that kind of thing.

Nick’s personal story is fascinating, inspiring and remarkable; though not a traditional autobiography it’s certainly a great self-help book for anyone who needs a good reality-check about their life or a gentle reminder about ones priorities in life.

AlexisLovesBooks | Feb 9, 2016 |
"When I was growing up I had no one who shared my situation who could help guide me, but now he has someone. I can help him. My parents can help his parents. He does not have to go though what I went through, Perhaps I can spare him some of the pain that I had to endure. "

You will encounter some tough issues in life that other people have already experienced. Wouldn't it help if those people helped you navigate through the hard times? Take the time to get to know some of the younger students in your school and write them a letter to let them know that you have been where they are today and you have faced the issues they are facing. Let them know that they are not alone. ( )
  mrsheather1974 | Jun 18, 2014 |
Libro basado en la superación personal de un hombre que nació sin extremidades. Muestra como, con familia y optimismo, se puede salir adelante incluso en las situaciones mas oscuras.
  belenv | Oct 15, 2013 |
I really wanted to like this book. I've looked forward to reading it for so long. Sadly, I did not enjoy it as much as I expected. Nick has a great story to tell, and I think he is absolutely inspirational. However, the book is sooo preachy! I share his faith, but I resented being preached at on every page! I wish Nick had told his story and left it to speak for itself. ( )
  Chris-86 | Sep 8, 2013 |
Nick Vujicic was born without arms or legs but has made a life for himself that is inspirational and unlimited. This book is not so much an autobiography as it is a series of short, inspirational thoughts. I believe the target audience is probably young adults, but I enjoyed reading it also. I found myself thinking over and over again, if he can do it, I should be able to also. It is written in such a way that you won't feel sorry for Nick, because that is not the purpose. I appreciate all of his work with young adults the world over. ( )
  hobbitprincess | May 19, 2013 |

Nick Vujicicprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Damstra, GeraldineTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Für meinen großen Gott.

Ich widme dieses Buch Phil Toth und seiner Familie aus San Diego in Kalifornien. Phils Begeisterung hat mir den Mund geöffnet!
Ich heiße Nick Vujicic (ausgesprochen Wu-ji-tschitsch). Ich bin achtundzwanzig. Von Geburt an fehlen mir Arme und Bein, aber ich lasse mich davon nicht behindern.

The director of Life Without Limbs describes his experiences as a physically challenged individual born without arms and legs, recounting his inspirational journey from a suicide survivor to an independent and purposeful motivational speaker.

150 wanted4 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,922,720 books! | Top bar: Always visible