Life without limits : inspiration for a…

Life without limits : inspiration for a ridiculously good life (2010)

by Nick Vujicic

178None66,874 (3.61)6

Libro basado en la superación personal de un hombre que nació sin extremidades. Muestra como, con familia y optimismo, se puede salir adelante incluso en las situaciones mas oscuras.
  belenv | Oct 15, 2013 |
I really wanted to like this book. I've looked forward to reading it for so long. Sadly, I did not enjoy it as much as I expected. Nick has a great story to tell, and I think he is absolutely inspirational. However, the book is sooo preachy! I share his faith, but I resented being preached at on every page! I wish Nick had told his story and left it to speak for itself. ( )
  Chris-86 | Sep 8, 2013 |
Nick Vujicic was born without arms or legs but has made a life for himself that is inspirational and unlimited. This book is not so much an autobiography as it is a series of short, inspirational thoughts. I believe the target audience is probably young adults, but I enjoyed reading it also. I found myself thinking over and over again, if he can do it, I should be able to also. It is written in such a way that you won't feel sorry for Nick, because that is not the purpose. I appreciate all of his work with young adults the world over. ( )
  hobbitprincess | May 19, 2013 |
Life Without Limits is the story of Nick Vujicic, Nick who was born without arms or legs has gone on to inspire people of all ages world wide, through this book Nick hopes to inspire people to live a ‘ridiculously good life.’ Although throughout his life Nick has faced many difficulties and challenges he does not let those be the focus of his day to day living, but more so he sees that there are others around him that face challenges that are more difficult than what he faces on a daily basis.
In this book Nick tells stories about himself and how he overcame many challenges and stories of people he has met throughout the word that encouraged him and continue to inspire despite the obstacles that arise. Nick does a good job of keeping you interested and keeping positive in times of difficulty with practical advice on how to change what you may think is a horrible experience into something that can help others and help you to get through.
This book is not about how hard and difficult life can be but instead how to live a fulfilled life for God and to exceed in every situation.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review ( )
  Organicshoes | Jun 12, 2012 |
My first book Review was short and sweet and to the point. I read Life without Limits by Nick Vujicic. This is the book that led me to finally get the courage to blog about Divorce Issues at my blog.

I read this book in two days (288) pages total. I am an avid reader and enjoy this hobby more than anything else in my life.
This book was published in 2010 and if it were not for "I BLOG FOR BOOKS" I would not have learned to stand up for what I believe in and start taking action now. This book was published in the USA by Doubleday Religion, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc., N.Y.

Life without Limits should also be Life without Limbs.
Nick Vujicic was born with no hands or feet. I had so many questions when I read his book. He is 27 years old in 2010 when this book was published. He was raised in a Christian home and has a younger brother (Aaron) and (Michelle) his sister. His goal in writing this book is to encourage others to overcome challenges and hardships so that they can "find your own purpose." Nick over came so many obstacles with his (disability) which make us think and realize that to discover who we are meant to be and what we can share of our gifts to benefit others by his true story of overcoming the odds.

On page 19 I quote, "You have to stretch beyond where you are to reach where you want to be."

Nick was born on 12/4/1982 and the nurse told his parents he had a medical condition called "Phocamelia." Nicks mother happened to be a nurse thus understood what the term meant. His father was in shock and denial the day Nick was born. Both parents were from former Yugoslavia which is called Serbia today (4/15/2011).

What encouraged me the most is the way he wrote about all of his life experiences and challenges he had to overcome. He had to learn not to depend only on his family to do things for him. He had a desire to learn to be independent of his family as he did not want that burden on them. When I think of all of the challenges and teenage struggles I went through and thought they were a big deal, I can see now that Nick's struggles were far more challenging to overcome. It made me look back on my life and see that I was a typical American Teenager who wished this book was out back when I was in High School.
At the age of 24, Nick attended a California church for a speaking engagement and met one other newborn baby that day who was just like he was; born without limbs. That said, Nick is a public speaker, a Christian, and travels around the world to help others understand that we are all God`s Creation.This is what led Nick to realize his life passion to public speaking and helping others was his Life Mission given by God.

He finally met one other person "just like him" and he realized, "when i was growing up i had no one who shared my situation who could help guide me, but now (Daniel) has someone. I can help him. My parents can help his parents. He does not have to go though what I went through, Perhaps I can spare him some of the pain that I had to endure. " PAGE: 24

The genre for this book is very inspirational, guiding, spiritual, and very thought provoking.
If you are searching for meaning and purpose to your life this book will help guide you to finding it. "Discover the cause God has for you."
Matthew Barnett is co founder with his father, Pastor Tommy Barnett of The Dream Center in Los Angeles. His father is also the senior pastor of the historical Angelus Temple.
When Matthew Barnett sees someone with a need, he sets out to fill it and that includes searching for hurt people that need healing.