Indulgence in Death by J. D. Robb

Indulgence in Death (edition 2011)

by J. D. Robb

Collections:Your library, Audiobook Library
Rating:***
Tags:2012, Read, Audible

Indulgence in Death by J.D. Robb

Recently added byprivate library, areni55, rena75, DebbieAnn, Lunytoucan, mlorio, AnnieMod

Another great addition to the In Death series. ( )
  carolburnside | May 15, 2014 |
I'm slowly learning to adjust my expectations for these novels. While I'm still slightly disappointed in the lack of strife between Eve and Roarke, I'm coming to terms with the change in their relationship.

I enjoyed the case here. It's always interesting to me to watch Eve figure out who or why.

The secondary characters were all at play here, though a large chunk of the book was focused solely on Eve and Roarke, which was nice.

Another good, if not great, entry in the series. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
As always I was not let down by this new JD Robb book! I love it! I wanted to get the bad guys myself!
  Bettyb30 | Jun 24, 2013 |
Good! Good! Good! Admittedly, I'm biased about this series. I love the characters. I love the stories. I even love J.D. Robb's (ok, Queen Nora's) view of the future.

This one is a little bit different. Eve isn't tortured by the case or nasty dreams/memories. She doesn't even have a serious threat to her life. After a few really violent, vicious books, it's a pleasant turn. ( )
  lesmel | May 21, 2013 |
Where would I be without a dose of Dallas and Rourke? I enjoy the interplay between the characters and the relationships that have built up over the 31 books is what I return for. The mysteries tend to be a bonus.

I tried explaining to folks at Octocon why I like this series so much but it's hard to pin down. The characters have lives, they interact they change over the stories but they still stay themselves and none more such than Eve Dallas.

Eve has fame, a book written about a past case "The Icove Case" is being filmed and the book's popularity is making her recognised, being married to Rourke also keeps her in the public eye. The book, however, starts out of the public eye with a visit to some of his relatives in Clare, when a body is found she helps the investigation in a scene that's more Murder she Wrote than The Guard (though with the Urban Wars things are a little different worldwide when it comes to murder and living). This reads almost like a short story than a prelude and felt a little jarring, Almost like J D Robb needed to point out that murder happens even in the most average of places.

On her return to New York, Dallas is involved in a complicated series of murders that at first glance seem unrelated, but slowly but surely a pattern begins to emerge and Dallas has to race to ensure that the villains are found and stopped before they kill too many.

I like that like most of this series, Dallas knows who has done it relatively early in the story but has to work at building the evidence. Eve's gripes about women's clothes and shoes appear as they always do and I love J D Robb/Nora Roberts for the comments, they make me grin.

This isn't a deep series or a challenge, it's a fun ride with characters I've built a relationship with. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Nov 5, 2012 |

J.D. Robbprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ericksen, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The road was a killer, hardly wider than a decent stream of spit and snaking like a cobra between giant bushes loaded with strange flowers that resembled drops of blood.

First it was a limo driver shot through the neck with a crossbow. Then it was a high-priced escort stabbed through the heart with a bayonet.

Random hits, thrill kills, murderers with a taste for the finer things in life - and death - are making NYPSD Lieutenant Eve Dallas angry. And an angry Eve can be just as an efficient and dangerous predator as the killer.

As time runs out on another innocent victim's life, Eve's investigation will take her into the rarified circle that her husband, Roarke, travels in - and into the perverted heart of madness....

Lt. Eve Dallas of the New York Police and Security Department returns home from vacation to a string of bizarre murders.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,149,901 books! | Top bar: Always visible