Indulgence in Death by J. D. Robb

Indulgence in Death (edition 2011)

by J. D. Robb

Collections:Your library, Audiobook Library
Rating:***
Tags:2012, Read, Audible

Indulgence In Death by J. D. Robb

"Indulgence in Death" is the 31st book in J.D. Robb's terrific futuristic cop series and it starts out in Ireland with three of my favorite "In Death" scenarios: Eve and Roarke on vacation, Eve exposed to the countryside and all of the terrors it holds - cows! sheep! roosters! - and Eve doing something wonderfully loving and perfect for Roarke, which tends to get me a bit teary-eyed. The vacation is short-lived, though, and as soon as Eve is back in her comfort zone in NYC, a new case once again takes center stage. Odd murder weapons and victims that were at the top of their game are two aspects of a series of murders that send Eve and Peabody on a search for one of the scariest kinds of killer - one who kills solely for the thrill of it.

If you have never read this series, start with the first book "Naked In Death" and watch Eve and Roark fall in love and watch all the wonderful characters from this series grow and develop. That being said...I consider the "In Death" books to be an almost perfect mixture of intrigue, police procedural, romance, humor and heartwarming moments. Opening each book is, for me, a lot like stopping by to visit old friends - the kind of friends I really enjoy spending time with.
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
oh yes, fab! :) ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
Another in the Eve Dallas series. On her first day back on the job after a vacation in Ireland Eve becomes the primary on the murder of a Limo driver. It soon becomes apparent that this murder was not random and there is a serial killer murdering service providers in NYC. Worse yet … it looks like it could be a game being played by some very wealthy New York elites. The kind with which Rourke, Eve’s husband is familiar.

I have enjoyed this series since the first book and YES they do follow a distinct pattern and YES they become a little predictable, but I enjoy them. They are my guilty pleasure and this one was a little better than some.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
Another great addition to the In Death series. ( )
  carolburnside | May 15, 2014 |
I'm slowly learning to adjust my expectations for these novels. While I'm still slightly disappointed in the lack of strife between Eve and Roarke, I'm coming to terms with the change in their relationship.

I enjoyed the case here. It's always interesting to me to watch Eve figure out who or why.

The secondary characters were all at play here, though a large chunk of the book was focused solely on Eve and Roarke, which was nice.

Another good, if not great, entry in the series. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |

J. D. Robbprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ericksen, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The road was a killer, hardly wider than a decent stream of spit and snaking like a cobra between giant bushes loaded with strange flowers that resembled drops of blood.

First it was a limo driver shot through the neck with a crossbow. Then it was a high-priced escort stabbed through the heart with a bayonet.

Random hits, thrill kills, murderers with a taste for the finer things in life - and death - are making NYPSD Lieutenant Eve Dallas angry. And an angry Eve can be just as an efficient and dangerous predator as the killer.

As time runs out on another innocent victim's life, Eve's investigation will take her into the rarified circle that her husband, Roarke, travels in - and into the perverted heart of madness....

Lt. Eve Dallas of the New York Police and Security Department returns home from vacation to a string of bizarre murders.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,624,132 books! | Top bar: Always visible