Organic Manifesto: How Organic Farming Can…

Organic Manifesto: How Organic Farming Can Heal Our Planet, Feed the… (2010)

by Maria Rodale

A very well thought out, eloquent summary of conventional vs. organic farming, and why organic is better. The only thing I don't like about it is how Rodale loves big corporations, even Wal-Mart, as long as they sell organic produce. I realize that big corporations love taking divisive issues such as this and taking advantage of them to their benefit, but in my opinion, the world will be a better place without big corporations. I also have some problems with the Rodale corporation, although I'm glad that they promote organic farming. ( )
2 vote lemontwist | May 7, 2010 |
"We are dealing with 10 global issues at the moment: food security, availability of water, climate change, energy demand, waste disposal, extinction of biodiversity, soil degradation and desertification, poverty, political and ethnic instability, and rapid population increase. The solution to all of these lies in soil management."

- Rattan Lal,
soil scientist, director of Ohio State University Carbon Management and Sequestration Center, January 29, 2009
"Thus the King conquered Nature herself."

- Flavius Josephus (AD 37-100),
referring to King Herod's place, which is now a ruin
To all the leaders of the world,
who hold our future in their hands.

To my whole family who shares this honorable path with me.

And to the farmers.
Foreword: Pesticides are poisons.
Introduction: Think about what you know about organic food for a moment: Some people say it's more nutritious, but others say it's not.
Main text: When I was a little girl, one of my favorite outings was a Sunday drive to the local orchard.

The chairman of health-and-fitness publisher Rodale argues that modern organic farming practices are the best defense against global environmental destruction and a looming health crisis.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,409,924 books! | Top bar: Always visible