My Garden by Kevin Henkes

My Garden

by Kevin Henkes

Garden (11)

When a little girl helps her mother in her garden, her imagination takes shape and all things become possible. Chocolate bunnies and strawberry shortcakes growing in the garden, no problem. Actual flowers and vegetables do not grow in this garden, but the imagination in the girl is astounding. A great book about imagination and dreaming. ( )
  amberloposser | Mar 27, 2016 |
This is a good example of a picture book that is fantasy because it has many illustrations of showing a little girls garden that has jelly bean bushes, chocolate rabbits, and also tomatoes that are as big as beach balls. This is a fun way to show children that they can use their imagination for anything and relate to this book.
Media: watercolor paint, ink ( )
  kschindler | Mar 23, 2016 |

A little girl is helping her mom in the garden, but she has fantastic ways she’d like to improve the garden. Such as with flowers that change color or grow back right after picking. Or maybe, instead of real bunnies that eat the carrots, substitute them for chocolate bunnies ... and Jelly Bean Bushes! The story ends as the little girl goes to bed, making this a wonderful anytime or bedtime story. Kids will love the ideas about turning the garden into sweets in this picture book that explores imagination.
I enjoyed this book but because I have a real problem enjoying the company of kids other than my own I came up with another way to introduce the material to other so I used You Tube.
  Williewarren | Mar 19, 2016 |
A young girl helps her mom work in their garden. Her imagination gets creative with colors and varieties, such as chocolate, jelly beans, and seashells. The text is easily laid out on opposite page of the coloring book style illustrations. Nothing too exciting,just pleasant and encourages imagination.
  JuliannOlson2015 | Dec 6, 2015 |
My Garden is a story about a girl who imagines what her ideal garden would be like. She describes things such as having purple polka dotted sunflowers and the largest tomato in the world. This book is a modern fantasy.
  Jcadd13 | Oct 21, 2015 |
For Altie
"If I planted jelly beans, I'd grow a great big jelly bean bush."

The girl in this book grows chocolate rabbits, tomatoes as big as beach balls, flowers that change color, and seashells in her garden.

How does your garden grow?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:00 -0400)

After helping her mother weed, water, and chase the rabbits from their garden, a young girl imagines her dream garden complete with jellybean bushes, chocolate rabbits, and tomatoes the size of beach balls.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,582,554 books! | Top bar: Always visible