My Garden by Kevin Henkes

My Garden (edition 2010)

by Kevin Henkes, Kevin Henkes (Illustrator)

Member:MaryConner
Title:My Garden
Authors:Kevin Henkes
Other authors:Kevin Henkes (Illustrator)
Info:Greenwillow Books (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:picture book 2010

My Garden by Kevin Henkes

Garden (11)

This is the story of a little girl who helps her mom take care of their garden. The girl then explains what her garden would be like if she had one of her own.
  HaleyCarlson | Apr 23, 2017 |
This book could be used when talking about the plant process in early elementary grades. It could also help with the students imagination. This book is about a young girl who imagines her dream garden complete with jellybean bushes, chocolate rabbits and tomatoes the size of beach balls. Age could be used for : 2 - 7 years, Grade Level: Preschool - 2nd grade
  RosaJuarez | Apr 2, 2017 |
a little girl works with her mother to help her garden. she talks about all the different flowers.
has beautiful illustrations
4 books
  TUCC | Nov 11, 2016 |
In this sweet little book, a girl helps her mother in the garden. She lets her imagination run wild and wonders what it would be like if she had her own garden. She would have flowers that could change colors, chocolate rabbits, and even a big jelly bean bush. In her world, the garden would be perfect. Maybe one day she will have the garden that she imagined. If I were reading this to my class, I would ask the children to write a paragraph about what would be in their ideal garden and let their imagination run wild. ( )
  Sierra.Coupel | Oct 15, 2016 |
I really love the story " My Garden". It is about a little girl who helps her mother in the garden a lot. While she does this, she imagines what her garden would be like if she had one. This little girls imagination runs wild. I really love Kevin Henkes use of imagination. It helps little minds grow in to something wonderful. The illustrations in this book are so beautiful. I would really like to have a good collection of Kevin Henkes books in my future classroom. ( )
  bethanygc | Oct 10, 2016 |
For Altie
"If I planted jelly beans, I'd grow a great big jelly bean bush."

The girl in this book grows chocolate rabbits, tomatoes as big as beach balls, flowers that change color, and seashells in her garden.

How does your garden grow?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:00 -0400)

After helping her mother weed, water, and chase the rabbits from their garden, a young girl imagines her dream garden complete with jellybean bushes, chocolate rabbits, and tomatoes the size of beach balls.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,080,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible