My Garden by Kevin Henkes

My Garden (edition 2010)

by Kevin Henkes, Kevin Henkes (Illustrator)

3556330,716 (4)2
Member:MaryConner
Title:My Garden
Authors:Kevin Henkes
Other authors:Kevin Henkes (Illustrator)
Info:Greenwillow Books (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:picture book 2010

My Garden by Kevin Henkes

Garden (11)

A young girl helps her mom work in their garden. Her imagination gets creative with colors and varieties, such as chocolate, jelly beans, and seashells. The text is easily laid out on opposite page of the coloring book style illustrations. Nothing too exciting,just pleasant and encourages imagination.
  JuliannOlson2015 | Dec 6, 2015 |
My Garden is a story about a girl who imagines what her ideal garden would be like. She describes things such as having purple polka dotted sunflowers and the largest tomato in the world. This book is a modern fantasy.
  Jcadd13 | Oct 21, 2015 |
Cute story and illustrations. We like gardens and flowers and a creative imagination so this was an enjoyable read. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
A young girl loves working in the garden with her mother, but dreams of how different hers would be. Dreaming of jelly bean bushes, invisible carrots, and only chocolate rabbits.

Teaching Ideas: grow a garden with the class
  aehunter | May 4, 2015 |
My Garden goes into the mind of a young girl while she is helping her mother with the garden. This story shows how the girl imagines her own garden and how it differs from her mothers. In her garden the bunnies are made of chocolate, the flowers change colors, and seashells grow in the dirt. Kevin Henke's stories allow for the reader to use their imaginations while reading. The reader gets to visualize the little girl's garden and how she has made it her own. Imagination is so important amongst younger children and this story focuses on that. The class could plant their own garden and each student could use their imagination to decide what they want to plant. ( )
  EmilyDrennan | Apr 26, 2015 |
For Altie
"If I planted jelly beans, I'd grow a great big jelly bean bush."

The girl in this book grows chocolate rabbits, tomatoes as big as beach balls, flowers that change color, and seashells in her garden.

How does your garden grow?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:00 -0400)

After helping her mother weed, water, and chase the rabbits from their garden, a young girl imagines her dream garden complete with jellybean bushes, chocolate rabbits, and tomatoes the size of beach balls.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,215,801 books! | Top bar: Always visible