Young Zeus by G. Brian Karas

Young Zeus (edition 2010)

by G. Brian Karas

Member:leighfer23
Title:Young Zeus
Authors:G. Brian Karas
Info:Scholastic Press (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 48 pages
Rating:**
Tags:Greek Mythology, monsters, creation

Young Zeus by G. Brian Karas

I wish all of Greek mythology was this wholesome and simple. Young Zeus was adorable and a fantastic read (I'm biased because I love anything and everything to do with Greek mythology). The full page illustrations are wonderful and filled with great detail. The text was clear and easy to follow. If the story didn't include Cronus eating Zeus' siblings I would even recommend this for a younger audience. This would be a great book to read aloud. ( )
  ilonon | Mar 18, 2017 |
When Zeus was born, his mother Rhea gave him away to a magical she-goat named Amanthea so she could save his live from his evil father Cronus. Moreover, she gave Cronus a rock to swallow instead of baby Zeus. After Zeus became a young man he found out he was hiding because his father was afraid of being overthrown by any of his children and he ate all of them. However, Cronus only left his brothers and sisters who were the Cyclopes and hundred-hander, in the underworld. Zeus really wanted to feel how to have brothers and sisters and play with them. After Zeus went to different struggles, he became god of gods, master of lightning and thunder, and ruler over all. in doing so, he learned a lot about family.
  hildaalcaraz | Feb 6, 2017 |
This book is a short history of the beginning of Greek mythology. It tells the story of Zeus and his family and how he came into power of the world as a god. It is a student-friendly read and it has illustrations that help to understand the story.
  amelianewton | Dec 2, 2016 |
I really enjoyed Young Zeus, it is a great read for young readers with cute illustrations throughout and the art goes well with the cultural theme. The theme tells readers that together you can conquer more than you can alone. ( )
  chelseagarland | Nov 29, 2016 |
Very interested read, I love learning about the greek mythology and I think that children also find it very intriguing. This book would be best for a little bit older audience since it does have some graphic type scenes about children being eaten.
  Jacqcar | Jun 6, 2016 |

I really liked this one. I thought it was a great introduction to the legend of Zeus and how he became the king of the gods. I liked the art but wished it has been a bit more traditional. If I were teaching 9th graders, I would probably not use this book as we would use the actual myths. But, to younger readers, this is a great story to start with.

From acclaimed illustrator and author G. Brian Karas comes a witty tale about navigating family and finding one's voice-based on Greek mythology!

This is the story of how young Zeus, with a little help from six monsters, five Greek gods, an enchanted she-goat, and his mother, became god of gods, master of lightning and thunder, and ruler over all. in doing so, he learned a lot about family. Who knew that having relatives could be so complicated, even for a god?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:30 -0400)

"This is the story of how young Zeus, with a little help from six monsters, five gods, an enchanted she-goat (that's me), and his mother, became god of gods, master of lightning and thunder, and ruler over all"--Provided by publisher.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,910,802 books! | Top bar: Always visible