I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words by Michael Frith

I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words

by Michael Frith, P. D. Eastman (Illustrator)

I enjoyed this booker for many reasons. The first is that it is an easy read for children and teaches students many sight words. The next reason I liked this book is that it has a good flow to the story and is a rhyming book which students often take a liking to. For example, the book states, " I'll teach him dark and light, and day and night". By doing this, the author engages the reader in the flow of the story. The book also included several illustrations to go along with the action words that were stated in each section.By doing this it allows the students to make a visual connection with the word that is stated and the action that goes along with it. When it comes to the overall theme or message of the story, it is that the main character is going to teach his dog 100 words. This is a very fun and cute book, and is something I would include in my classroom library. ( )
  djerga1 | Feb 14, 2019 |
The book, "I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words," by Michael Frith is an excellent book for very young readers or English language learners. It is tagged as a Dr. Suess book, 100th day of school, and vocabulary. I enjoyed this book because it is simple and light hearted. The presentation is wonderful. The pages are colorful, the words are scattered about the page in a way that is easy to follow, yet entertaining. It is a great way for students to learn sight words. There are some very rudimentary sight words, but then students can move on to the more complex words in the book. It could help forma a lesson on comparing and contrasting for a very young age. It gives examples of day and night and dark and light.
This would be an excellent book for students to read. ( )
  ctrain6 | Feb 14, 2019 |
In my opinion this book is a great introduction to many sight words. It highlights the key words that are being taught as well as how to use them in a sentence. Students would be able to begin by identifying the one word and then slowly be able to identify the whole saying. One phrase that was to be taught was "Cut the grass." The reader would be able to learn "the" and then move onto "cut" and "grass". In this sentence all the words were highlighted. In other sentences only some words are highlighted to show importance of certain words. This book was written to highlight learning sight words as well as identifying rhyme. The plot of teaching a dog new tricks creates a fun story to follow while learning new words. ( )
  sheiland1 | Feb 14, 2019 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Aug 26, 2017 |
In my opinion this book is a good children’s book. It helps young children learn how to count. One of the reasons I think this is a good children’s book is because of the writing style. The author not only counts throughout this book, but he uses rhyming words, which helps children with their vocabulary. For example, “wash your ears and wash your toes and scratch your head and blow your nose.” Not only is there rhyming words, but there’s counting involved too. In the book, there are words highlighted in red and every word in red you count, until you get to 100. Another reason why I liked this book was of the illustrations. The illustrations are very simple, but give you the overall pictures. On one of the pages it has a dog getting ready to brush the bear. It has everything it needs in the picture, the dog, bear, brush and a ladder. Overall, I think this is a good book. ( )
  mwolf11 | Feb 27, 2017 |

Michael Frithprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eastman, P. D.Illustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Illus. in full color. Beginning readers can learn 100 different words in this story about a remarkable dog.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:32 -0400)

A youngster plans all the things he will teach his puppy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,616,150 books! | Top bar: Always visible