I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words by Michael Frith

I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words

by Michael Frith, P. D. Eastman (Illustrator)

Simply marvelous!: This is a classic. Funny lines, great rhymes and rhythm, engaging pictures, and an appealing main character. If a parent loves to read it as much as a toddler loves to hear it, that's the sign of a great book.
  iayork | Aug 9, 2009 |
"I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words" by Michael Frith is a book about a person that is going to teach their dog all kinds of new tricks. The tricks range from normal things that dogs do such as digging a hole, barking, and begging to silly things that dogs would never do such as painting, brushing bears, and cleaning.
This was one of my favorite books as a child. I loved seeing the silly pictures of the dog painting the underwear on the clothesline. This book is fantastic for teaching students the basics of reading. It doesn't have any made-up words in it, and all the words are relatively easy for younger students to sound out the words.
You could use this book in the classroom to have students make a list of what they would teach their dog to do. The students could also pick their favorite trick the person is going to teach their dog in the book, and have them draw the dog doing the trick.
  wilball87 | Feb 15, 2009 |

Michael Frithprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eastman, P. D.Illustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Illus. in full color. Beginning readers can learn 100 different words in this story about a remarkable dog.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:57 -0400)

A youngster plans all the things he will teach his puppy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,491,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible