Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie…

Anna and the French Kiss (edition 2011)

by Stephanie Perkins

Member:Kellyangel77
Title:Anna and the French Kiss
Authors:Stephanie Perkins
Info:Speak (2011), Paperback, 400 pages

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

English (241)  Spanish (1)  All languages (242)
This was my first book by Stephanie Perkins and I loved it!! This book had been on my TBR for a while! First off I have to say I love love love this cover!!

Blurb:
Can Anna find love in the City of Light?

Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's not too pleased when her father decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year. But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new friends, including the handsome Étienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken--and Anna might be too. Will a year of romantic near misses end with the French kiss she's been waiting for?

I love how the book is written! Its it absolutely wonderful! The characters are amazing! Etienne = Swoon! Oh my gosh! Its such a sweet & romantic book! I hate when I love a book because it seems the ending comes way too soon! I wanted to see more of Anna & St. Clair!
I love how all the characters felt real.. they had flaws.. I love the fact that St. Clair is short! Although I usually like tall guys! You usually don't see that in books.. the lead guys are usually tall, fit and perfect.

I really like Anna! I love when she figured out she was falling for Etienne!

I really wanted to know more about Josh! I can't wait to read Isla and the happily ever after!

So many great parts in the book!! I loved it! One of my favorites of the year so far! ( )
  Jessica8587 | Mar 25, 2015 |
Great for a walk through Paris when you've been. Young adult meant for young adult, not adult adult. ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
Anna and the French Kiss

by Stephanie Perkins

Genre: Contemporary/YA Lit

My Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆

I'll be honest, I had started this book back in June, but then I got distracted by other things, other books. I decided to pick it up again this past week after seeing so many people's excitement about Isla and the Happily Ever After. I decided I need to pick it up again and see what all the fuss was about. And boy am I glad I did! It was a hilarious, heartwarming read, filled with moments of heartache, set in a beautiful European city. It's a cute, romantic YA novel set in the most romantic city in the world.

At times Anna frustrated me with her complaints of being in Paris when she didn't want to be (though it was only a minor frustration, one that didn't detract from my enjoyment), but honestly, I like when a character does that, it means I am emotionally invested in them. I loved her quirkiness, her scared reaction to the thought of going out to Paris sights by herself, let alone order food at school. I connected to her the most through this, as I experienced this when I went to Italy this past January (I think I stayed in my room pacing, trying to get up the courage to go to the lobby to see if any of my group was there yet). I felt like I was exploring Paris with Anna.

Then there was Ètienne. Oh, Ètienne, I think I have a crush on him. He sounds adorable, imperfect, and has an accent-an English accent to boot (I love an English accent). When Anna first meets him, she believes she will be able to be just friends with him, especially since her new friend Mer, seems to be in love with him. As she spends more time with him in there group of friends and over holidays, she finds that she is drawn more and more to him. The only problem is that he has a girlfriend.

Stephanie Perkins writes characters that are not perfect, that make mistakes, and that is very appealing to me. She makes characters that are not your typical cookie-cutter teens, ones that you would find in any book you picked off a shelf. The characters in here felt so real, that I would meet them on the street or in a movie theater.

Their romance was adorable, gooey-sweet. The only thing that would have made it better was if I had been on a beach to read it. Paris is definitely one of those cities on my bucket list to visit. It is a great escape, one that I would definitely re-read over and over again.

If you like a light, cutesy romantic read, you need to read this. Even if you don't, you need to read this.

kelsey.hintzman | Feb 10, 2015 |
Oh my God.

Cutest. Book. EVER.

[a:Maureen Johnson|10317|Maureen Johnson|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1197703391p2/10317.jpg] was totally right when she said, "Very sly. Very funny. Very romantic. You should date this book."

Because I totally WANT TO.

Anna is awesome. Funny, witty and very stupid at times, she's your typical seventeen-going-on-eighteen year old girl. She is so, so easy to sympathise with and is hilarious.

Etienne St. Clair is SUPER HOT.

And so is everyone else. (Of course)

The only problem I had with this book is that, all my life, I have wanted to visit Paris and now I want to even more. It's not one of those books that only use the city as a backdrop -- Paris is definitely part of the entire storyline. Anna first falls in love with the beauty of Paris and then with the lad that showed her the wonderful City of Light. So now I'm trying to find a way to get my ass over there and experience was Perkins described.

I am so, so happy I picked up this book and gave it a shot. I NEEDED A GOOD OL' CHICK-LIT IN MY LIFE. Especially since I've been reading the Most Disappointing Books in History lately.

Everyone should read this book at least once in their lifetime. There is NOTHING this book won't solve. It works better than long phone calls with your best friend. Better than chick flicks.

BETTER THAN ICE CREAM.
  Aly_Locatelli | Jan 26, 2015 |
Een review van dit boek staat op www.booksofaphrodite.wordpress.com ( )
  JacolienT | Jan 5, 2015 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Duewell, KristinaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jarrod, best friend & true love
Here is everything I know about France: Madeline and Amelie and Moulin Rouge.
I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.

From Goodreads.com

Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris — until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.

When Anna's romance-novelist father sends her to an elite American boarding school in Paris for her senior year of high school, she reluctantly goes, and meets an amazing boy who becomes her best friend, in spite of the fact that they both want something more.… (more)

344 wanted5 pay2 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,573,060 books! | Top bar: Always visible