Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie…

Anna and the French Kiss (edition 2011)

by Stephanie Perkins

Member:Kellyangel77
Title:Anna and the French Kiss
Authors:Stephanie Perkins
Info:Speak (2011), Paperback, 400 pages

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

English (245)  Spanish (1)  All languages (246)
Anna gets sent to an American boarding school in Paris for her senior year of high school. One of the features of this school is a hot boy with a British accent and excellent hair. So that plot point is fairly obvious. But in the tradition of great boarding school stories, it also features a lot of very satisfying details of daily life at boarding school, and it uses Paris as a setting very well -- hitting some of the more iconic, typical landmarks that an American high school kid would be seeing for the first time, but also incorporating a nice feel for how it is to be living in Paris. (I think there should be a special Betsy-Tacy rating for food descriptions, this book would get high marks.)

Probably a natural hazard for adults who read YA, the back and forth of "But do I like him? Does he like me?" seemed a little too long, but then again, I'm not a high school senior. Even so, the romantic parts were genuinely sweet, the supporting characters where interesting, and I got a big kick at how funny some of the quick throwaway comments are. ( )
  delphica | Jun 10, 2015 |
No-recomendado por ᴍɪᴄs

Me propongo leer de principio a fin libros considerados "malos". Mi intención es encontrar al menos UNA cualidad buena en ellos y reseñarlos objetivamente siguiendo 20 puntos a desarrollar brevemente. (Los puntos varían según el género del que se trate.)

Si tienen ganas de No-recomendarme otros libros
pueden comentar acá o ACÁ. ¡Cualquier género es bienvenido! Cuanto más variado, mejor :)
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
I adored this book! Such a fun story! There are certainly things wrong with it, but I enjoyed the storytelling so much that I really didn't mind them. ( )
  Misty-Rose | Jun 1, 2015 |
This book is like a best friend in book form. I've only recently started to read contemporary, and I'm so glad I did since it led to me reading this book. It's the characters that make it - they're so real and genuine and wonderful. The writing is also pretty spectacular - I laughed out loud numerous times. It captured how I speak/think. I absolutely adored this book. Highly recommend, even for those that don't usually read contemporary or romance! ( )
  RoseCrossed | May 23, 2015 |
Anna and the French Kiss is one of those "if your a girl you have to read this" books and I had been meaning to read it for years. Now that I finally got around it, it does not disappoint. I loved this book it's incredibly cute and pleasant. The characters are super charming, especially Étienne! I recommend it to any YA reader for a pleasant evening of Parisian fun. I'm looking forward to reading some of Stephanie Perkin's other books, Lola and the boy next door as well as Isla and the Happily Ever After. Bonus: The new covers are really cute! ( )
  Ericanneri | May 21, 2015 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Duewell, KristinaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jarrod, best friend & true love
Here is everything I know about France: Madeline and Amelie and Moulin Rouge.
I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.

Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris — until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

When Anna's romance-novelist father sends her to an elite American boarding school in Paris for her senior year of high school, she reluctantly goes, and meets an amazing boy who becomes her best friend, in spite of the fact that they both want something more.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,860,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible