Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie…

Anna and the French Kiss (edition 2011)

by Stephanie Perkins

Title:Anna and the French Kiss
Authors:Stephanie Perkins
Info:Speak (2011), Paperback, 400 pages

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

English (113)  Spanish (1)  All languages (114)
Anyone looking for the perfect romantic comedy will love the adorable and hilarious romance that is Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Anna is not happy about being shipped off to a boarding school in Paris. Not only does she not know any French she also doesn't know anyone at her new school and arriving senior year is not common. But it looks like her new school might also hold the perfect guy for her, perfect except for the fact that he already has a girlfriend. Will Anna be able to get the love of her life before the school year ends? Anna and the French Kiss is the kind of book you can always come back to and enjoy it as much as the first time you read it. I love Stephanie Perkins writing style because it is so lighthearted and it just adds to the romantic feel of the book. The characters in this story are the perfect balance between easy breezy romance novel and drama filled coming of age story. They each have little quirky traits that make them feel real and I especially loved Anna's love of films. Anna and the French Kiss is something I highly recommend for young adults looking for a good romantic comedy. ( )
  rebeccabarer | Sep 5, 2016 |
I was not as enthralled with this book as many people are and I am not sure why. I think it is because I knew what was going to happen and I failed to really get into the book. I think that Stephanie Perkins wrote the book well but, I just could not get into the story. I was really excited about this one but was disappointed. I will try the next one out in a few weeks. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |

I loved this book.
It is such a light, happy book to read, even with some of the issues that arise.
The characters were all so easy to like, but fairly stupid and i felt like slapping them sometimes. Mostly Anna for being so judgmental.

But in the end they all wise up and everything turns out perfectly and happily for everyone.
#firstworldproblems. ( )
  onebookishgirl | Jul 19, 2016 |
I seriously adored this book to pieces.
(Full review: http://wordslikemagic.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/anna-and-the-french-kiss-by-steph...) ( )
  zombiehero | Mar 25, 2016 |
Being sent to Paris for her senior year is not what Anna wanted. She wanted to stay home, spend time with her friends, explore a possible love, and be with her family. Her father wanted her to experience something more, and forced the issue. So she landed in Paris to attend High School, with a group of American students who have known each other for year. She feels out of place un happy and hates it until...
St Claire is an american with a British accent and really great hair. He has attended the school for year and has a long time girlfriend. He is friendly, kind and takes time to show Anna some of Paris. Slowly he lets his guard down and develops a friendship with Anna.
The two bit share daddy issues, both miss their moms, and both quickly become the best of friends. Sparks of more grow but either is willing to risk their friendship. They hold each other up, calm each other, and support the other even when it hurts. The slow building and crumbling of their relationship was a lovely tale.
I love a book where the character have to work for a solid relationship. This book was just right, the pacing was fabulous and enjoyable. ( )
  TheYodamom | Mar 12, 2016 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Duewell, KristinaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jarrod, best friend & true love
Here is everything I know about France: Madeline and Amelie and Moulin Rouge.
I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.

Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris — until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

When Anna's romance-novelist father sends her to an elite American boarding school in Paris for her senior year of high school, she reluctantly goes, and meets an amazing boy who becomes her best friend, in spite of the fact that they both want something more.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,796,359 books! | Top bar: Always visible