Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie…

Anna and the French Kiss (edition 2011)

by Stephanie Perkins

1,222None6,500 (4.33)70
Member:rainbowdarling
Title:Anna and the French Kiss
Authors:Stephanie Perkins
Info:Speak (2011), Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Unowned

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

2011 (24) 2013 (13) Atlanta (10) boarding school (80) boarding schools (10) chick lit (11) contemporary (41) ebook (13) favorites (13) fiction (68) France (66) friendship (49) high school (19) library (10) love (15) movies (10) own (12) Paris (101) read (20) read in 2011 (24) read in 2013 (9) realistic fiction (17) relationships (20) romance (165) school (8) teen (24) to-read (57) YA (106) young adult (123) young adult fiction (18)

English (212)  Spanish (1)  All languages (213)

Seriously, if you haven't read this, you need to.

Well? What are you waiting for? ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
Wow! So good. This is now one of my favorite books. As soon as I finished it, I wanted to read it again. It was just that good.

Read the full review at www.the-book-tower.blogspot.co.uk ( )
  bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
I stayed up late to finish this, something I wasn't expecting to do, and that doesn't happen very often for me. So yes, this book is everything everyone has been saying it is. It's truly worth the read, not only because of how utterly delightful it is, but because of it's depth and the truth behind every relationship.

Full review here: http://tahleenreads.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-anna-and-french-kiss-by.html ( )
  Tahleen | Feb 16, 2014 |
I've been describing this book to friends as "like a very smartly written chick flick", and now that I'm finished I think its' a very fitting description.

The story is a bit slow to start, but fantastic once it gets going -- a sweet, complex story of an American trying to find her way in Paris and all the interesting friends she makes in her year there.

It doesn't shy away from anything, delving head-first into fascinating character personalities and friendships, detailed backstories, and teen issues.

I'll be looking forward to picking up "Lola and the Boy Next Door" when I've whittled down my to-read piles. ( )
  EMaree | Feb 11, 2014 |
Anna and the French Kiss is such a wonderful, easy read that I tore through it in one day. It's one of the best Young Adult books I've ever read, and I am terribly green with envy at the amazing voice that Stephanie Perkins projects in her writing.

The book is not about plot, but instead focuses heavily on character development. Anna's father sends her to Paris for her senior year of high school, where she meets a fabulous guy who already has a girlfriend. Angst ensues.

Really, that's the main gist of the plot and if it weren't for Ms. Perkins' talented pen, I don't think there would be much to love. But I did love it. SO HARD. And here's why:

The characters (Anna and her four friends) were so real, so well fleshed out, that I enjoyed spending the time with them. They could be going to the movies, browsing through the bookstore, hanging out at the cafeteria at school... it didn't matter. I wanted to hang out with them.

She drew each one with quirks, with individual traits that made you feel like you were really getting to know them. No character was a cookie-cutter model or archetype. Their reactions were genuine as they danced around each other in words and emotions, trying to come together while preserving pride and worrying too much (like all teens do) about what someone else might think.

I loved watching Anna and Etienne fall for one another and tentatively make their way across the chasm of potential rejection. Anna's thoughts and reactions were often laugh-oud-loud funny, mostly because I remember being just like that.

Stephanie Perkins, my hat is off to you. Well done! Bravo! *cheers*

You make me want to be a better writer.

(review originally posted on the Love Stories blog at http://ctefft.blogspot.com) ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Duewell, KristinaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jarrod, best friend & true love
Here is everything I know about France: Madeline and Amelie and Moulin Rouge.
I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.

From Goodreads.com

Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris — until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.

When Anna's romance-novelist father sends her to an elite American boarding school in Paris for her senior year of high school, she reluctantly goes, and meets an amazing boy who becomes her best friend, in spite of the fact that they both want something more.… (more)

344 wanted3 pay2 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,428,134 books! | Top bar: Always visible