Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie…

Anna and the French Kiss (edition 2011)

by Stephanie Perkins

Title:Anna and the French Kiss
Authors:Stephanie Perkins
Info:Speak (2011), Paperback, 400 pages

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

English (275)  Spanish (1)  All languages (276)
Anyone looking for the perfect romantic comedy will love the adorable and hilarious romance that is Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Anna is not happy about being shipped off to a boarding school in Paris. Not only does she not know any French she also doesn't know anyone at her new school and arriving senior year is not common. But it looks like her new school might also hold the perfect guy for her, perfect except for the fact that he already has a girlfriend. Will Anna be able to get the love of her life before the school year ends? Anna and the French Kiss is the kind of book you can always come back to and enjoy it as much as the first time you read it. I love Stephanie Perkins writing style because it is so lighthearted and it just adds to the romantic feel of the book. The characters in this story are the perfect balance between easy breezy romance novel and drama filled coming of age story. They each have little quirky traits that make them feel real and I especially loved Anna's love of films. Anna and the French Kiss is something I highly recommend for young adults looking for a good romantic comedy. ( )
  rebeccabarer | Sep 5, 2016 |
I was not as enthralled with this book as many people are and I am not sure why. I think it is because I knew what was going to happen and I failed to really get into the book. I think that Stephanie Perkins wrote the book well but, I just could not get into the story. I was really excited about this one but was disappointed. I will try the next one out in a few weeks. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
I had been reading a lot of dark and dense books lately so I was looking forward to something that sounded to be the opposite. This book was like a fresh spring breeze. I almost immediately was drawn into the story and felt a kinship with Anna. A lot of the things that happened to her and her new friends in Paris sounded like similar situations I encountered with my friends in high school… but of course they had it better since they were in Paris! I loved Etienne and hoped like hell that they would be able to work it out. But even if they didn’t, I loved their friendship. It was fun seeing Anna experiencing the famous sights of Paris, especially when I would visualize my own experience when I was there in college. I was more like Etienne though… happy to stand on the ground and look at the Eiffel Tower from there (although I did go to the top of l’Arc de Triomphe). Overall, this was a very fun, quick read and I really enjoyed it! ( )
  pennma05 | Jul 21, 2016 |

I loved this book.
It is such a light, happy book to read, even with some of the issues that arise.
The characters were all so easy to like, but fairly stupid and i felt like slapping them sometimes. Mostly Anna for being so judgmental.

But in the end they all wise up and everything turns out perfectly and happily for everyone.
#firstworldproblems. ( )
  onebookishgirl | Jul 19, 2016 |
Cute, girly, funny romance. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Duewell, KristinaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jarrod, best friend & true love
Here is everything I know about France: Madeline and Amelie and Moulin Rouge.
I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.

Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris — until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

When Anna's romance-novelist father sends her to an elite American boarding school in Paris for her senior year of high school, she reluctantly goes, and meets an amazing boy who becomes her best friend, in spite of the fact that they both want something more.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,748,922 books! | Top bar: Always visible