Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie…

Anna and the French Kiss (edition 2011)

by Stephanie Perkins

Member:rainbowdarling
Title:Anna and the French Kiss
Authors:Stephanie Perkins
Info:Speak (2011), Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Unowned

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

English (272)  Spanish (1)  All languages (273)
I had been reading a lot of dark and dense books lately so I was looking forward to something that sounded to be the opposite. This book was like a fresh spring breeze. I almost immediately was drawn into the story and felt a kinship with Anna. A lot of the things that happened to her and her new friends in Paris sounded like similar situations I encountered with my friends in high school… but of course they had it better since they were in Paris! I loved Etienne and hoped like hell that they would be able to work it out. But even if they didn’t, I loved their friendship. It was fun seeing Anna experiencing the famous sights of Paris, especially when I would visualize my own experience when I was there in college. I was more like Etienne though… happy to stand on the ground and look at the Eiffel Tower from there (although I did go to the top of l’Arc de Triomphe). Overall, this was a very fun, quick read and I really enjoyed it! ( )
  pennma05 | Jul 21, 2016 |

I loved this book.
It is such a light, happy book to read, even with some of the issues that arise.
The characters were all so easy to like, but fairly stupid and i felt like slapping them sometimes. Mostly Anna for being so judgmental.

But in the end they all wise up and everything turns out perfectly and happily for everyone.
#firstworldproblems. ( )
  onebookishgirl | Jul 19, 2016 |
Cute, girly, funny romance. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
Er...um...a nice little farce, but the characters were annoying. ( )
  mmacd3814 | May 30, 2016 |
I will be reading this again and again and again and again. ( )
  Makkiah | May 19, 2016 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Duewell, KristinaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jarrod, best friend & true love
Here is everything I know about France: Madeline and Amelie and Moulin Rouge.
I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.

Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris — until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

When Anna's romance-novelist father sends her to an elite American boarding school in Paris for her senior year of high school, she reluctantly goes, and meets an amazing boy who becomes her best friend, in spite of the fact that they both want something more.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,559,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible