Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie…

Anna and the French Kiss (edition 2011)

by Stephanie Perkins

Member:rainbowdarling
Title:Anna and the French Kiss
Authors:Stephanie Perkins
Info:Speak (2011), Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Unowned

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

English (268)  Spanish (1)  All languages (269)
I have to say, I was grinning ear to ear while reading this one. It's just so adorable from start to finish. And, of course, Anna is a big part of that.

She's a great main character. Of course she has quirks, and the fact that she's a cinephile immediately endears her to me, but she's also so well written. As are all the characters. The group that Anna becomes friends with are such great people, I wish I knew them. They also make me miss some of my old college friends.

Seriously, one of the fun things about this book is that it reads like a romantic comedy film, which of course would be right up Anna's alley. I'd like to read her review of the movie based on this book.

It would also be so incredibly meta. ( )
  regularguy5mb | Apr 4, 2016 |
I seriously adored this book to pieces.
(Full review: http://wordslikemagic.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/anna-and-the-french-kiss-by-steph...) ( )
  zombiehero | Mar 25, 2016 |
So good!! Much better than i expected ^_^ Read it straight in one night because it was so addictive ( )
  Ishmeen | Mar 24, 2016 |
Being sent to Paris for her senior year is not what Anna wanted. She wanted to stay home, spend time with her friends, explore a possible love, and be with her family. Her father wanted her to experience something more, and forced the issue. So she landed in Paris to attend High School, with a group of American students who have known each other for year. She feels out of place un happy and hates it until...
St Claire is an american with a British accent and really great hair. He has attended the school for year and has a long time girlfriend. He is friendly, kind and takes time to show Anna some of Paris. Slowly he lets his guard down and develops a friendship with Anna.
The two bit share daddy issues, both miss their moms, and both quickly become the best of friends. Sparks of more grow but either is willing to risk their friendship. They hold each other up, calm each other, and support the other even when it hurts. The slow building and crumbling of their relationship was a lovely tale.
I love a book where the character have to work for a solid relationship. This book was just right, the pacing was fabulous and enjoyable. ( )
  TheYodamom | Mar 12, 2016 |
I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!! I had it for a while, but I was reading so many books at the same time to try and read it, suddenly while arranging some books, I see it again and I think: "I need to read something funny and cute." This was even more!

The sitting is enough to enter my heart "Paris" my dream city! The City of art, food, passion and fashion!

Anna Oliphant "Banana Elephant" was a great character but Etienne St. Clair is my new obsession! He is so HOT!

The whole description of their growing feelings and tension, the other characters [are simply amazing and easy to relate to and love], the yummy food, the movies, the cool Boarding school and even a clubbing scene and a cat fight is all in there to make this great book, that will make you warm and happy like a mug of rich hot chocolate and laugh.

I'm so in LOVE with this author, I need to get her next book "Lola and the Boy Next Door" soon!

I think Kate and her revenants from Die for Me by Amy Plum should meet with Anna and Etienne, I got to say Etienne wins every time! He's got sense of humor. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Duewell, KristinaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jarrod, best friend & true love
Here is everything I know about France: Madeline and Amelie and Moulin Rouge.
I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.

Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris — until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

When Anna's romance-novelist father sends her to an elite American boarding school in Paris for her senior year of high school, she reluctantly goes, and meets an amazing boy who becomes her best friend, in spite of the fact that they both want something more.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,252,622 books! | Top bar: Always visible