Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie…

Anna and the French Kiss (edition 2011)

by Stephanie Perkins

Member:rainbowdarling
Title:Anna and the French Kiss
Authors:Stephanie Perkins
Info:Speak (2011), Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Unowned

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

English (226)  Spanish (1)  All languages (227)
I did like this book, and it was hard to put down. That said, misunderstandings propelled much of the plot, and the characters didn't feel as human as I would have liked. ( )
  LaPhenix | Aug 10, 2014 |
I found that I could only read this book in small increments because it was just too sweet at times. Like, saccharine, tooth-rotting sweet. And then the ending got weird.

I couldn't force myself to become fond of the character of Anna. Why are so many heroines nowadays literally falling all of the time around their crushes? There's clumsy, and then there is "you might need to see a doctor about that falling problem you have." Anna falls more into the latter category, although not nearly as bad as Bella Swan. And for being a film fanatic, Anna certainly doesn't know much about cinema. She's in Paris, one of the cinema capitals of the world (arguably THE cinema capital), and she's at first shocked that Paris has cinemas. Really? And then all she does is watch films that were widely available in America. Sigh. Anna, Anna, Anna. I am not a film fanatic, but even I would be absorbing as much French cinema as possible if I was staying in Paris for nine months.

And Etienne. I just didn't see why there is so much hype about him. Yes, he has a French name with an English accent (but he's American!), but he is pretty low. He has a girlfriend, Ellie, but he doesn't bother breaking up with her for months and months because he doesn't want to be alone, even though he supposedly loves Anna. Umm. Sorry, but he's a cheater - and he ADMITS that he is - and that just doesn't sit well with me.

I'll read the next two books in the trilogy, just because I'm curious as to what happens, but I don't think that this is going to be my favorite series by any stretch of the imagination ever. ( )
  schatzi | Aug 8, 2014 |
OMG. I so totally fell for Etienne. Stephanie Perkins has a way of introducing gorgeous fictional characters.

St. Clair. St. CLair. St. Clair. St. CLair. St. Clair.

I already knew Etienne fell for Anna since the first time he saw her. He even disguised on borrowing a pen to be Anna's lab partner forever. He bought her a poetry book about love. How can Anna be so blind? Well, not blind actually. She just thinks about the fact that Etienne has a girlfriend.

Well, the events turn out to be something I'm quite expecting but I love the book no less.

I can't wait for Stephanie Perkin's third book!!!!!!

-Marga ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |

St. Clair. St. CLair. St. Clair. St. CLair. St. Clair.

I can't wait for Stephanie Perkin's third book!!!!!!

-Marga ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
"Anna and the French Kiss" By Stephanie Perkins

Stars: 5

Anna is excited to begin her senior year in Atlanta, she's looking forward to prom, hanging out with her best friend and seeing if there's a spark between her and her current crush.

However those expectations are shattered when her father announces that instead of staying home with family and friends she is being shipped off to France for her senior year.

Feeling alone and like an outsider Anna is less than thrilled and is intimidated by the city of lights. She doesn't speak the language and she is too scared to venture beyond the walls of her boarding school.

Cue Etienne St. Clair, he's charismatic, drop dead gorgeous and of course speaks fluent french.

Anna is intrigued by him and what starts off as a friendship soon starts to cross over into a budding romance.

That is until Anna learns of St. Clair's older, sophisticated, beautiful girlfriend.

Struggling with trying to fit in both in France and in her new circle of friends Anna discovers that maybe it's not where you are, but who you're with that matters.

I fell in love with this book instantly, from the first page I was head over heels, butterflies in the stomach, head in the clouds infatuated.

I loved every detail. From the characters to the setting to the writing style.

It felt to me like Sarah Dessen and Gayle Forman got together and wrote Anna's story.

I'm now and will forever be a fan of Stephanie Perkins.

Until next time,
Ginger ( )
  Ginger_reader22 | Jul 27, 2014 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Duewell, KristinaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jarrod, best friend & true love
Here is everything I know about France: Madeline and Amelie and Moulin Rouge.
I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.

From Goodreads.com

Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris — until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.

When Anna's romance-novelist father sends her to an elite American boarding school in Paris for her senior year of high school, she reluctantly goes, and meets an amazing boy who becomes her best friend, in spite of the fact that they both want something more.… (more)

344 wanted4 pay2 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,117,030 books! | Top bar: Always visible