Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie…

Anna and the French Kiss (edition 2011)

by Stephanie Perkins

Member:rainbowdarling
Title:Anna and the French Kiss
Authors:Stephanie Perkins
Info:Speak (2011), Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Unowned

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

English (284)  Spanish (1)  All (285)
12/9/12~Just a little side note:

Ok, I was reading the first couple of pages, just to see if it would keep my interest...The one thing that stopped floored me was...We have the same last name!!...I was like Wow! Anna Oliphant...I mean...OMG...Really?!?! I had to show my kids! lol....Now, in the USA, Oliphant is a rare last name. So, when I see it, I get happy! Yes, I love my last name. Yes, I got jokes about my last name, but oh well...I just feel like Im unique to have a different last name...Like others with unique, rare, last names :-)

No, i have yet to really get into this book, but it is the next on my TBR list. I just wanted to say how excited I am to read a book with my last name in it!!

I really do hope I like this book and get read all the way through it! :-)

______________________________

12/10/12~An extra little side note.

Okay, now, we all got the part about our last names...But, as I continue to read on...I realize that her best friends name is Bridgette...Well, um...yeah...my name is Bridget..just without the extra T and E....And I had a best friend named Anna growing up..Which, we are still friends today, almost 30 years later. When her friend sends her an email, part of her name [Anna] in the email is elephant, which, if anyone knows any Oliphant's, or is one, you will know that, that is what we get called as a beyond lame and stupid joke...But I digress.

Another thing? My brother and son's names? Christopher!!

Sigh...

Well. I think that's all of the coincidences for now. And so far, I am enjoying this book. There's at least one thing that makes me laugh on almost every page thus far...But, I will come back and do a review when I finish this book. Hopefully I won't begin to get bored after I get 100 pages in like I have been with many books I've been reading lately.
___________________________________

Final Edit & Review

Cover~3/5
It just doesn't do it for me...I don't know what it is. I just can't get into the cover. I wish they had shown the guys face too. The cover isn't horrible but it could have been better in my personal opinion.

I wasn't sure I would even like this book when I picked it up and began reading it. The first chapter was kind of iffy for me...But I continued on and I am so glad I did.

Stephanie Perkins is beyond funny. On almost every page I would laugh about something she has her characters say or do. And I love the main characters. If St. Clair wasn't so young, he would be my fictional boyfriend, but I would want him with a Scottish or Irish accent...lol..

She has a message in her book that you don't see until the last 100 pages or so...

I had so much more to say about this book when I finished it, but when you have kids that take over your computer (the only one at the moment)...And you have to wait 2 days to do the review, well, you're bound to forget some things...And I don't write down what I think because I want to just enjoy the book & when I do actually do a review, I want the thoughts to just come to me...

But, the book is a 5/5 for me...And just hilarious!!

Anyone who likes YA and/or Romantic Comedies...Then this book is worth reading and looking into...

obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
(First of 3 : Anna and the French Kiss series. YA, romance.)
(LT recommended)

In her last year of school, Anna's father decides to send her to a new school. In a different city. In Paris, France, in fact. As well as being the new kid in school, Anna feels out of place in Paris, since she's never learned French before (only Spanish, which she keeps speaking accidentally).

Thanks to Meredith, who has the room next door, she soon makes new friends, though, including Étienne St Clair who is funny and friendly and charming. Everyone likes St Clair; but maybe Anna more than likes him. She knows Meredith likes him, too, but he already has a girlfriend. And anyway, there's Toph, who kissed Anna on her last day at home, so she might already have a boyfriend.

Will Anna get her French kiss before her year in Paris is over?

This was a strongly written debut, and though it was from the YA section of the library, the characters had depth. There wasn't too much teen angst (which I've seen as a point against other YA books), though there were the usual romantic misunderstandings. I like the way that Paris and the Parisienne way of life featured throughout the book. I've been to Paris a few times (a while ago) and recognised some of the major landmarks, although I have no idea how accurate it actually is (the Latin Quarter, for instance), but it felt authentic, and the way it was brought into the story felt natural and not forced. There are other books in the series, but I suspect they deal with different characters. Though some of the resolutions at the end felt a little hasty, the story wraps up well (with a happy ending), so it works as a stand-alone novel.

I picked this up (outside my usual comfort zone) based on heaps of favourable LT recommendations, and I have to agree with them. i enjoyed reading this book; once I had time to sit down to read it properly, it was very easy to keep going to the end. I'm glad there were no villainous villains to spoil things, and I do like happy endings. I also liked the fact that the 'hero', while good-looking and charming, wasn't especially tall i.e. wasn't 'flawless'. This was a 'feel good' book. I liked it so much, I think I'll hunt down a copy for my own shelves, so I can re-read it whenever I need some cheering up.

humouress | May 1, 2017 |
I liked this so much more when I realized it's basically my relationship but genderbent. I need to read more books like this, books that surprise me. ( )
  hay16mc | Feb 13, 2017 |
Yay! I finally got over the book slump!! I'm usually a fantasy reader and not very much into contemporaries but this book was exactly what I needed to start reading again. it was an easy read and I couldn't stop reading until I finished it at 2 AM. I have three exams waiting for me and I'm expected to study more than 10 hours a day (do every high school seniors around the world go through this or is it just the Japanese education system?) Well done, me. Anyways, enjoyed this book a lot and I'm looking forward to reading the next book (though not soon because I really really need to study) ( )
  bookishpeach240 | Feb 7, 2017 |
"For the two of us, home isn't a place. It's a person. And we're finally home."

I am actually giving this about 3.5 stars. I really enjoyed it and I agree with others that you will quickly find yourself flying through the story.

This is a book about young love and you are put through a roller-coaster of teenage emotions. At times, some of this was repetitive and annoying, but then again it is about teenagers and was pretty realistic. One moment the character was on cloud 9, and the next not knowing what she was living for. How is that for real life with a teenage girl?

I will say, this did keep my interest and the writing had a great flow to it. This was the first Stephanie Perkins book I have read, and I will continue to read the rest of the series. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Dec 30, 2016 |

Stephanie Perkinsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Duewell, KristinaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vandervoort, IreneDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jarrod, best friend & true love
Here is everything I know about France: Madeline and Amelie and Moulin Rouge.
I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.

Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris — until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

When Anna's romance-novelist father sends her to an elite American boarding school in Paris for her senior year of high school, she reluctantly goes, and meets an amazing boy who becomes her best friend, in spite of the fact that they both want something more.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,464,072 books! | Top bar: Always visible