HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
This site uses cookies to deliver our services, improve performance, for analytics, and (if not signed in) for advertising. By using LibraryThing you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms.
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Samarcande by Amin Maalouf
Loading...

Samarcande (original 1989; edition 1989)

by Amin Maalouf, Amin Maalouf (Auteur)

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
1,0102012,182 (3.98)48
Member:hnn
Title:Samarcande
Authors:Amin Maalouf
Other authors:Amin Maalouf (Auteur)
Info:LGF - Livre de Poche (1989), Poche, 376 pages
Collections:Your library, Just read
Rating:*****
Tags:central asia, Omar Khayyam

Work details

Samarkand by Amin Maalouf (Author) (1989)

Recently added byTatjanaJP, private library, SinanKoseoglu, alo1224, julio345
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 48 mentions

Showing 1-5 of 16 (next | show all)
Den beste boken jeg har lest? Mulig. I hvertfall en av de som mest har revet meg med. ( )
  geirsan | Jun 26, 2017 |
Beautiful book but I had a lot of trouble with the first half which I think is more indicative of the fact that I know nothing about the history of Islam.

( )
  laurenbufferd | Nov 14, 2016 |
""
  rouzejp | Sep 2, 2015 |
The story of Omar Khayyam, and of the American who find his manuscript at a time of cultural turmoil in Persia/Iran and loses it again on the Titanic. This feels like a book that people should be reading now. Khayyam lives in a middle east full of battle, tyranny, luxury and passionate difference about the right way to live in a Muslim society. Lesage lives at the turn of the twentieth century when Iran is caught between imperialism, westernisation and its own traditions. Romantic in many ways, sensuous and pleasurable, it tells us about the 'other', the mysterious east, that might not be as mysterious and incomprehensible as we still think (though - sadly - with less romance and more fear)
  otterley | Mar 22, 2015 |
I loved this book. It is one of my all time favorites. The first book I read by Maalouf was the Crusades through Arab Eyes - which in its own right is fantastic. It prompted me to read Samarkand which was glorious. ( )
  inasrullah64 | Sep 26, 2014 |
Showing 1-5 of 16 (next | show all)
Samarkand, to je Persija Omara Hajama, pesnika vina, slobodnog mislioca, genijalnog astronoma, ali i Persija Hasana Sabaha, osnivača reda asasina, najstrašnije sekte u Istoriji.

Samarkand, to je Orijent XIX veka i početka XX, putovanje u svet u kom su snovi o slobodi oduvek uspevali da odole utvarama.

Samarkand, to je pustolovina jednog rukopisa nastalog u XI veku, izgubljenog prilikom mongolskih upada i ponovo pronađenog šest vekova kasnije.

Još jednom, vodeći nas putem svile kroz najzanosnije gradove Azije, Amin Maluf nas oduševljava svojim izvanrednim pripovedačkim darom.

Amin Maluf je danas jedan od najznačajnijih svetskih pisaca. Njegova prva knjiga, Krstaški ratovi viđeni očima Arapa, već je postala klasično delo.
added by Sensei-CRS | editknjigainfo.com
 

» Add other authors (22 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Maalouf, AminAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eeden, Ed vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Harris, RussellTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Information from the Dutch Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
First words
Au fond de l'Atlantique, il y a un livre.
Quotations
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language
Information from the Dutch Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Canonical DDC/MDS

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Book description
Samarcande, c’est la Perse d’Omar Khayyam, poète du vin, libre penseur, astronome de génie, mais aussi celle de Hassan Sabbah, fondateur de l’ordre des Assassins, la secte la plus redoutable de l’Histoire.
Samarcande, c’est l’Orient du XIXe siècle et du début du XXe, le voyage dans un univers où les rêves de liberté ont toujours su défier les fanatismes.
Samarcande, c’est l’aventure d’un manuscrit né au XIe siècle, égaré lors des invasions mongoles et retrouvé six siècles plus tard.

Une fois encore, nous conduisant sur la route de la soie à travers les plus envoûtantes cités d’Asie, Amin Maalouf nous ravit par son extraordinaire talent de conteur.
A la suite d’Edgar Allan Poe, il nous dit : « Et maintenant, promène ton regard sur Samarcande ! N’est-elle pas reine de la terre , Fière, au-dessus de toutes les villes, et dans ses mains leurs destinées ? »
Haiku summary

No descriptions found.

No library descriptions found.

Quick Links

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (3.98)
0.5
1 2
1.5 1
2 6
2.5 4
3 42
3.5 17
4 72
4.5 12
5 67

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,980,036 books! | Top bar: Always visible