Samarcande by Amin Maalouf

Samarcande (original 1989; edition 1989)

by Amin Maalouf, Amin Maalouf (Auteur)

8641710,324 (4)40
Authors:Amin Maalouf
Other authors:Amin Maalouf (Auteur)
Info:LGF - Livre de Poche (1989), Poche, 376 pages
Collections:Your library, Just read
Tags:central asia, Omar Khayyam

Samarkand by Amin Maalouf (1989)

The story of Omar Khayyam, and of the American who find his manuscript at a time of cultural turmoil in Persia/Iran and loses it again on the Titanic. This feels like a book that people should be reading now. Khayyam lives in a middle east full of battle, tyranny, luxury and passionate difference about the right way to live in a Muslim society. Lesage lives at the turn of the twentieth century when Iran is caught between imperialism, westernisation and its own traditions. Romantic in many ways, sensuous and pleasurable, it tells us about the 'other', the mysterious east, that might not be as mysterious and incomprehensible as we still think (though - sadly - with less romance and more fear)
  otterley | Mar 22, 2015 |
I loved this book. It is one of my all time favorites. The first book I read by Maalouf was the Crusades through Arab Eyes - which in its own right is fantastic. It prompted me to read Samarkand which was glorious. ( )
  inasrullah64 | Sep 26, 2014 |
I loved the descriptions of life in Persia and the scenes in Paris! ( )
  RKoletteL | Jun 5, 2014 |
Will finish it later. It's nice, written beautifully, but I'm not interested in the historical fiction in it, so I'm putting it aside for now. ( )
  pathogenik | Mar 2, 2014 |
Fantastique histoire du poète Omar Kayyam et de son mystique livre qui contient toute la connaissance du monde. C'est aussi une très belle reconstitution de l'empire arabe au temps de l'apogée de Bagdad, Samarcande et Isphahan. ( )
1 vote Lhiscock | Oct 27, 2013 |
Samarkand, to je Persija Omara Hajama, pesnika vina, slobodnog mislioca, genijalnog astronoma, ali i Persija Hasana Sabaha, osnivača reda asasina, najstrašnije sekte u Istoriji.

Samarkand, to je Orijent XIX veka i početka XX, putovanje u svet u kom su snovi o slobodi oduvek uspevali da odole utvarama.

Samarkand, to je pustolovina jednog rukopisa nastalog u XI veku, izgubljenog prilikom mongolskih upada i ponovo pronađenog šest vekova kasnije.

Još jednom, vodeći nas putem svile kroz najzanosnije gradove Azije, Amin Maluf nas oduševljava svojim izvanrednim pripovedačkim darom.

Amin Maluf je danas jedan od najznačajnijih svetskih pisaca. Njegova prva knjiga, Krstaški ratovi viđeni očima Arapa, već je postala klasično delo.
added by Sensei-CRS | editknjigainfo.com
Au fond de l'Atlantique, il y a un livre.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,955,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible