A Bad Boy Can Be Good for a Girl by Tanya…

A Bad Boy Can Be Good for a Girl

by Tanya Lee Stone

5Q, 4P
I enjoyed reading this book. It brought back memories of being in high school and some of the situations girls face where they feel like they are in control of their lives, and yet a cute boy somehow manages to get in their head and they find themselves losing their identity in their need to be with him. For that reason, I feel this novel connects with young readers and realistically portrays relationships. The language of the novel in verse reads fluidly and quickly. It is an easy book to pick up and put down and pick up again with engaging nuggets of wisdom and an empowering message to teen girls to go with their gut instincts and to take control of their lives.
  Kimba512 | May 11, 2014 |
I liked this book, I never read a book in verse before and I thought it worked. This isn't so much a novel as it is a sort-of how-to guide. Yeah, I'm sure this kind of guy exists, doubt I'll ever come across one but still, its nice to know not to let anyone walk all over you, regardless of whether they're a jerk or not. ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |
4Q, 4P.

While this book was not as explicit as others who challenge this boo, I was still caught off guard as to how honest and full of emotion this book was. Stone does a wonderful job in expressing the many emotions a teen girl feel while discovering themselves and their bodies. I appreciated that all girls were not negative about themselves, or who they are. Instead they learn through their mistakes, through falling in love, through their desires, and finally through heartbreak. Mentions of Judy Blume's book "Forever" is intertwined in the pages making a wonderful shout-out to the original cautionary tale. ( )
  estradav | May 13, 2013 |
3Q, 4P. I may have labelled the quality of this novel as a 3, but I truly enjoyed reading this book and felt that it expressed a real message. The writing was very simplistic, hence the 3, but it was affective and got to the heart of teenage love and loss. The story is about three very different girls who all have the misfortune to fall for the popular boy at school who has a reputation for taking what he wants from a girl and then dropping her. Each girl believes that they are the answer to unblock his inability to love but each girl is left embarrassed and heartbroken by his negligent behavior. I think many young girls could relate to this story and find solace in knowing who they are before they decide to give themselves to another human being. This novel exemplifies what is it to lose yourself in someone and the importance of staying true to yourself. Great cautionary novel for teen girls, but also a great novel for teen boys to peer into the psyche of a girl. Interesting, fast and fun read! ( )
  PeetaJack | May 6, 2013 |
Novel in verse that explores the relationships of three girls with a cool, senior boy player. ( )
  TheMadHatters | Mar 2, 2013 |

Josie, Nicolette, and Aviva all get mixed up with a senior boy–a cool, slick, sexy boy who can talk them into doing almost anything he wants. In a blur of high school hormones and personal doubt, each girl struggles with how much to give up and what ultimately to keep for herself. How do girls handle themselves? How much can a boy get away with? And in the end, who comes out
on top? A bad boy may always be a bad boy. But this bad boy is about to meet three girls who won’t back down.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:19 -0400)

When a handsome senior boy enters their mix, friends Josie, Nicolette, and Aviva soon find themselves in questionable situations where each girl must make the right decision before their personal sacrifices become too great.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,230,317 books! | Top bar: Always visible