This Little Prayer of Mine by Anthony…

This Little Prayer of Mine

by Anthony DeStefano

This Little Prayer of Mine is a book full of wonderful pictures that spark the imagination and with a few words per page it really allows a child to take in and fully absorb the message within. It is never too early to start teaching your children how to pray and that their prayers, as are all prayers, are important to God. This book is a perfect tool to help in teaching that lesson. This would be a great book for bedtime or anytime, or even a good one to memorize.

*Thanks to Staci Carmichael of WaterBrook Multnomah for providing a copy for review.* ( )
  cherryblossommj | May 28, 2013 |
NCLA Review -A child’s simple prayer comprises the text of this book. The prayer includes requests for bravery, guidance, forgiveness, and gratefulness, among other things. Each rhyming stanza is accompanied by a realistic illustration of children in a situation where they may need God’s help and guidance. For example, a stanza about forgiveness shows children making a mess in the kitchen. A stanza about helping others shows a girl dropping off clothing at a donation box. The symbolic nature of the illustrations may be confusing to young children, and adults will probably have to clarify what is happening in the pictures. The prayer is too long for kids to memorize, but it does form a good example of what kids can include in their own prayers, and parents may want to teach kids parts of it to pray during prayer times. Rating: 3 —AMG ( )
  ncla | May 17, 2011 |
This Little Prayer of Mine is a wonderful book. The illustrations by Mark Elliott make it a beautiful book. I enjoyed its simple message about prayer. Telling a child they can talk to God and then giving them no instruction about how to do that leads them to give up on praying. This simple book illustrates through words and pictures how simple it can be to talk to God. It also shows them that you don’t have to talk to God only when you want something. You can ask God to give you strength, to calm your fears. It teaches kids they can go to God when they aren’t sure what to do. The book also demonstrated that we have a loving and forgiving God we can go to. I can’t wait to share this with my granddaughter. It will be in her Easter Basket. After all, God gave us his greatest gift so I can think of nothing better than to teach my grandchildren about God. ( )
  skstiles612 | Apr 22, 2011 |
This is a great book for your little ones. I liked that it was simple and easy for children to understand.
It got across the message of knowing that God loves you and is watching over you all the time. It also shows children that there is no "wrong" way to pray.
While it's a short and quick read I think it delivers a wonderful message to children.
I must add here that the book was illustrated by Mark Elliot. He did a beautiful job with tying in the story and illustrations! ( )
  Cajunbooklady | Apr 7, 2010 |
This book is a delightful read that shows the reader, with rhymes and illustrations, that God is always around us and shares with us our happiness, feelings of sadness and that we know that God will be there for us whenever we need Him. The book is just the right size for a little one to keep a childs wandering interest and has beautiful illustrations to aid in the telling of the story that also teaches a child of any denomination how to pray. I loved this little book and recommend it highly for all children from the ages of 3-8.
  celticlady53 | Apr 6, 2010 |

Nothing Compares to Childlike Faith

I know you're up in heaven, God,
and can hear my voice from there.
I'm just a little child.
Will you answer my short prayer?

So begins this delightful book that affirms God's readiness to answer our prayers, no matter what our age.

With engaging rhymes and beautiful illustrations, This Little Prayer of Mine assures children that God is always near--watching, listening, caring, and eager to respond to their requests. They'll also learn that prayer isn't just about asking for things, but about sharing their feelings of sadness and uncertainty as well as of thanksgiving and joy.

Most importanly, This Little Prayer of Mine reminds children—and those who love them—that they can trust God to tenderly care for them, no matter what the future holds.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:21 -0400)

With engaging rhymes and memorable illustrations, "This Little Prayer of Mine" assures children that, even when they are alone, God is watching, listening, caring, and eager to respond. It encourages children to pray about everything from feelings of sadness and fear, to those of guilt and selfishness, thanksgiving and joy, and uncertainty about the future.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,367,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible