Miss Brooks Loves Books (And I Don't)…

Miss Brooks Loves Books (And I Don't)

by Barbara Bottner

Miss Brooks is a crazy librarian that helps children realize the reading potential they have. She helps them find their favorite genre and topics. By the end of the book the young girl who was neither girlie or boyish, realized she loved books about farts. I found this story oddly satisfying. ( )
  Theresa_Kieffer | May 2, 2016 |
I really liked this book. It shows how a teacher is supposed to teach. The teacher in the book express real love for books and showed it to her students. She dressed up for every book that she read and on book week she told the students to pick out their favorite book and dress up like the main character in that book. The girl in this story hated books, but miss brooks got her out of that mind set. The girl in this book loved the book Shrek and dressed up like him when she read his book to the class. I want to be like the teacher in this book and show that kind of love for books and express it to my students. ( )
  twalsh | Apr 26, 2016 |
Everyone in her class finds books they like but Missy doesn't like any. Miss Brooks helps her.
  BIGMAMALIZ | Mar 11, 2016 |
A young girl can't understand her enthusiastic librarian because the girl hasn't found a book she really likes. In the end, she gets excited about a book about a warty ogre and shares it with her class. The librarian's costumes are the most interesting illustrations of the book; the rest aren't overly great. The colors are a medium tone. The story was great because it inspires finding ones passion and interests in book.
  JuliannOlson2015 | Dec 6, 2015 |
Book week is coming and Missy just can't seem to find a bookthat she likes. With the helpof Miss Brooks Missy explores all types of books and finally finds one that she loves. I really enjoyed the fact that her teacher didn't give up on her and acutally took the times to make her student happy. ( )
  glguerra | Nov 28, 2015 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0375846824, Hardcover)

Amazon Best Books of the Month, March 2010: If ever there were a perfect picture book for those so-called "reluctant readers" this is it. Miss Brooks Loves Books (And I Don't) tells the story of Missy, a little girl who rejects just about every story that comes her way. She complains that "They're too kissy. Too pink. And too silly." The tireless librarian Miss Brooks is not about to give up, nor is Missy's mom. When Missy realizes she'd like to read about warts, Mom comes through with an inspired choice that sets this picky reader on the path to book bliss. Leave it to the pros--author Barbara Bottner and illustrator Michael Emberley to hit the funny bone with this clever and quirky new read.  --Lauren Nemroff

See Inside Miss Brooks Loves Books (And I Don't)

(Click on Thumbnails to Enlarge)

Too Kissy, Too Pink, Too Silly Stubborn, Smelly, Snorty Ogre

Missy 1 Missy 2 Missy 3

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:38 -0400)

A first-grade girl who does not like to read stubbornly resists her school librarian's efforts to convince her to love books until she finds one that might change her mind.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,972,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible