First How Things Work Encyclopedia: A First…

First How Things Work Encyclopedia: A First Reference Guide for… (edition 2009)

by DK (Author)

Uses detailed photographs and illustrations to explore the inner workings of the world around us.
Member:AmCorKragujevac
Title:First How Things Work Encyclopedia: A First Reference Guide for Inquisitive Minds (DK First Reference)
Authors:DK (Author)
Info:DK Children (2009), 128 pages
Collections:Movies
Tags:R19

How Things Work Encyclopedia by DK Publishing

I love books where you can learn, whether they are children's books or adult books. This book didn't let me down. I was surprised at how many things I learned from it.
Like my name in binary code.
F 01000110
r 01100010
e 01100101
d 01100100
a 01100001
A very interesting book, there was a lot of valuable content in it. I absolutely loved the illustrations, especially when showing the mechanics behind everything.
The criticisms I have are in the age range specified by the publishers. The age for this book is 5-7, however I would not want my 5 year old learning about future brain transplants. Which leads me to my second criticism.... how believable is the last part of the book?! It is about the future, so it is predicted, but in my opinion, not something you share with a 5 year old.
I do like the book though, so I suggest parents or teachers peruse the book first. You decide if it is something you want to share with your child. I definitely will, but only children 8+. ( )
  fredamans | Feb 9, 2010 |

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 1405350121, 1409383008

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,117,542 books! | Top bar: Always visible