Rushed to the Altar by Jane Feather

Rushed to the Altar

by Jane Feather

Series: Blackwater Brides (1)

You know, I just about didn't read this book but I'm glad I decided to give it a chance because it was exciting and fun to read. So much hiding and new love in this book, I enjoyed it thoroughly. I'm looking forward to finding more books by this author, she definitely delivered. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
started off very slow and hard to get into, but got better about halfway through. not the best I've read by Jane Feather. ( )
  librarydanielle | Apr 1, 2013 |
The cash deficient Earl of Blackwater needs a bride, but not just any woman from society. His wealthy uncle will only leave Jasper his money if he rescues a fallen woman by marrying her. On his way through Covent Garden one day, Jasper runs headlong into a beautiful thief. She’s a lovely woman who claims she wasn’t out to rob him. Although she lives at a nearby brothel, Clarissa seems too refined for such surroundings. Intrigued, Jasper decides she’ll solve his problems.

When the Earl proposes his plan, Clarissa is at first astonished. How can she pretend to be a prostitute when she’s still a virgin? In London to search for her kidnapped brother, she agrees only because the Earl can provide her with the protection she needs. But for how long can she maintain this charade before he discovers her true nature? ( )
  NancyJCohen | Jul 23, 2011 |
Not a huge fan of this book. I guess I would say it was just ok. I was a little shocked by the language at first, I guess because I wasn't prepared and I thought it was a little excessive. I didn't feel like the two main characters, Clarissa & Jasper really fell in love. It seemed forced. I did enjoy the suspence of what would happen with Clarissa's uncle. I can't say if I will be reading the next books in the series. Probably not. ( )
  mschweer432 | Dec 19, 2010 |

Jane Featherprimary authorall editionscalculated
Tanner, JillReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"Jasper Sullivan, Earl of Blackwater, needs a prostitute. Not in the usual way, however. His wealthy uncle's will promises to divide his huge fortune among his nephews if each rescues a fallen woman...by marrying her! And since Jasper's estates were already mortgaged to the hilt before he inherited them, when he catches a pretty young prostitute trying to pick his pocket, he immediately makes his proposal. Clarissa Astley is not at all what Jasper believes. The orphaned daughter of a prosperous merchant, she is searching the seedier districts of London for her young brother, abducted by their evil guardian, who wants the little boy's inheritance. But she needs powerful help, and the darkly handsome Earl of Blackwater is certainly that. So she pretends to be exactly what he assumed-- a risky charade for an innocent virgin. But when passion flares between Jasper and Clarissa, the deception becomes even more difficult to handle..."--P.[4] of cover.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,456,882 books! | Top bar: Always visible