Nate the Great and the Tardy Tortoise by…

Nate the Great and the Tardy Tortoise

by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat

This was a very precious realistic fiction of how a young boy finds a turtle in his lawn. Nate the great has found a turtle in his garden. He and his dog search the neighborhood by following the trail of eaten flowers to find where the turtle came from. The author did a wonderful job creating characters that the reader can fall in love with.I can use this book to introduce my students toanew unit on turtles. ( )
  magen.rauscher | Apr 3, 2015 |
I discussed this in the Library Explore assignment.
  alexanderkai | Oct 3, 2014 |
Finding a tortoise in his yard one day, Nate the Great embarks on a new case to return the reptile to hos own home. With his trusted dog companion he sleuths out the truth in this cuddly caper.

I thought Nate the Great was... well, great. The illustrations where excellent and very colorful. The story was simple to follow and had a nice progression. It wasn't really a true who-done-it kind of story though I certainly appreciated the nod to detective fiction. I thought the clues and ideas Nate used to solve the case were logical and that kids would have a fun time following along. ( )
  abrial2433 | Mar 17, 2014 |
Great early reader series.
Mystery genre.
Nate and Sludge find a tortoise and must figure out who it belongs to.
  haldemac | Jan 15, 2012 |
Nate is great fun. I like the fact that the kids he interacts with are not always entirely likable. ( )
  kwilibrary | Sep 2, 2009 |

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and  someone is eating the flowers in Nate the Great's  garden. A green tortoise is slowly, slowly stepping  across the lawn, and Nate is slowly, slowly  following him. Where does Nate's green guest truly  belong? It may take all of Nate the Great's patience  and sharp eyesight to find out slowly.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:39 -0400)

As more and more of his flowers display the bite marks of a wandering tortoise, Nate sets out to uncover the mystery of the reptile's origins.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,854,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible