The Wolf Next Door by Lydia Dare

Eh. I don't know what happened with the failed elopement - we get to hear Will's version, but not Prisca's. But at this point I want to shake both of them and make them _talk_ to each other. Sheesh! I don't know why Will thinks that showing how he can pleasure a woman will improve Prisca's view of him, honestly. And while I can understand her fighting shy of him, she fights ferociously at some points and goes floppy at others (not all related to whether he's touching her). I'm more interested in Brimstone, actually. At least he has reasons for his inability to deal with people, especially women. I'll look for that book, but I'm rapidly losing interest in the series. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Sep 14, 2017 |
I must say that this was my favourite book of the 3. Why, well everyone that have read them know about William and Prisca, their constant banter and how they seem to loathe each other, but at the same time they do seem to like each other...a lot. With that in mind I started this book.

We finally get an explanation why Prisca takes every opportunity she gets so verbally abuse William. There was a failed elopement years ago, and neither got over that. It is obvious that they still have feelings for each other, but Prisca does not trust him, and William is a notorious rake by now.

Her brothers are finally tired of her and has a plan, marry her off to William. But there is another suitor, and he is one big bad wolf. William will not back down now. It's all or nothing, and he is not ready to loose her.

Like I said before I could nto wait to read Prisca's and William's story because they are at each other all the time. I was wondering how they with their constant bickering could see past that and fall in love. Well I can tell you that is not an easy road. They are still bickering, and the tension is running high in this book.

Prisca is a nice heroine who is not afraid to speak her mind, even if that leads her into trouble. And William, oh he is such a flirt, but with such a good heart that it just makes me wanna hug him, and the smack him over the head.

This is a fun book, you know it with those two, she is always at his throat, and he is trying to seduce her one way or the other. There is the merry hunt, and what happens afterwards. And then there is the big bad wolf lurking in the shadows, wanting Prisca for himself.

These two made this book the best so far. It had something for everyone, werewolves (yay), damsels in distress, witty remarks, and some lines that nearly killed me from laughing. For example when she asks why he always has something in his pocket. That, lol, has to be read.

A good werewolf story set in the regency era, and a nice conclusion to the Westfield story. All brothers had something special, but I do think I am starting to like William the best after this.

Tensions are running high, when a wicked werewolf finally meets his match, and passion can't be denied no longer. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
Prisca Hawthorne has loved Lord William for years, but when he broke her heart years ago, she hasn't ever forgotten. She knows that she needs to put him behind her, and move on with her life. Prisca is tired of living in a "limbo" stage. So when a new charming stranger starts to court her, she wonders if this is her time to start a new chapter in her life, until Lord William strides back into her life and makes it much more complicated. William has wanted Prisca for years, and he made a mistake years ago, and he still desires her for his mate; even though she frustrates him to no end. But when he hears of a new man trying to seduce her, he is outraged of another male pouncing on his territory. Soon Prisca has two men trying to court her, and even though William makes her blood heat, she knows she could never trust him again. But will her strength of will be enough to resist him once again?

The Wolf Next Door is the third in the series, and I just have loved the books that I have read so far. In the previous books I have seen William and Prisca battle it out with each other and I have been looking forward to reading their story. The Wolf Next Door is a story set in the regency era, and it also involves Lycans and witches. I have enjoyed Lydia Dare's take on the series, and the unique setting she has placed this series in. Even though Prisca has known William and his family for many years, she has no idea of his family secret. William is back home, and is determined to win Prisca back. He has always loved Prisca, but when a misunderstanding broke her trust in him, he left to try to forget her. But he has realized that he can't live without her, so even though he has some mean competition he will take any action to keep her, and make her fall in love with him again.

The really enjoyed the characters involved in the story. We see the instant passion that William and Prisca have for each other, despite the bickering and fighting they tend to do on a regular basis. William is the hero of the story, and as the reader you can't help but fall in love with him. From the first two books, I have always found Will intriguing, and the way he deals with Prisca is priceless. He definitely has many alpha traits, and beyond sexy. Prisca is very strong willed and feisty, and I enjoyed her bickering with Will. Even though she isn't my favorite heroine, I did enjoy the characteristics of this heroine, and she doesn't let William's nature overcome her feelings to make her own decisions. I enjoyed how this story plays out, and the relationship between William and Prisca could be tense at times, yet sexy and fun at other times. Overall I couldn't help but enjoy this delightful story of sensual tension and intriguing characters and a lively story line that will curl your toes. Not my favorite of the series, but a enjoyable and exciting story. A JEWEL OF A ROMANCE!! ( )
  addictofromance | Feb 1, 2015 |
This was probably my least favorite of the first three books in this Westfield Wolves series, primarily because it took forever for Will and Prisca to consummate their marriage! All the teasing going on through the whole thing, the constant bickering and then all the delays drove me crazy! I didn't like the way he lied about what happened in the cabin between them either. Then at the final ending when he claims her it seemed - eep - anticlimactic? Overall though I still liked it, there is something about this series I enjoy and it's a quick read. ( )
  ktleyed | Nov 2, 2013 |
Ben and Prisca are two of the most stubborn characters I've ever met. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 7, 2013 |

"Ever since their failed elopement years ago, Prisca Hawthorne has taunted, insulted, and in every way tried to push him away. If only her heart didn't break every time Lord William Westfield left her... Lord William throws himself into drinking, gambling, and debauchery and pretends not to care about Prisca at all. But when he returns to find a rival werewolf vying for her hand, he'll stop at nothing to claim the woman who should have been his all along. Can Prisca forgive the unforgivable, or are the mooncrossed lovers going to be forced into a battle of wills that could be fatal?"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,333,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible