A Taste of Heaven by Alexis Harrington

A Taste of Heaven (edition 1996)

by Alexis Harrington

Member:bookworm1982
Title:A Taste of Heaven
Authors:Alexis Harrington
Info:Topaz (1996), Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:BOX #17

A Taste of Heaven by Alexis Harrington

I can safely say this novel accomplishes the best feature of romances: a fantastic emotional journey. I felt every tear, kiss, and event. The connection between Libby and Tyler almost leaps off the page; the reader is sucked into every scene between these two and feels every confrontation, heartache, and gorgeous romantic scene. I also enjoyed how the author concentrated on actually building a relationship first, before the sexy times occur in force. Yeah, there's enough UST to make my Kindle melt, but the author concentrates on building a connection emotionally before she gets her characters horizontal.

I really enjoyed the characters for the most part. Yeah, there were clichés (misunderstands abound, tragic pasts, ect...) In fact, there was more than once I wanted to tell Libby to just keep her suitcase packed, with how often she assumed she was being sacked. However, in all that, I just adored Libby. She was soft and feminine when she needed to be. Yet, she wasn't afraid to tell Tyler where to stick it when she felt he had gone too far, and she's strong emotionally. I don't know if I could have come back from her situation with Ross' death and being alone in a snowbound cabin for months on end.

I think I have to mention the setting, too. I'm a Montana girl, having lived here for 2/3 of my own life. I've personally been to the area mentioned in the novel, on the banks of the Mussellshell and surrounded by all that rugged beauty. I think the author did a fantastic job in bringing her setting to life, in all its remoteness in this time period and in all its beautiful glory.

I really enjoyed this romance. The emotions fairly scorched my Kindle, and the setting was beautiful. Despite some clichés (I don't think any romance, really, can escape them), the characters were fairly strong, and I felt a real connection to them. This is a great example of how a historical romance novel should be written. ( )
  Sarah_Gruwell | Jan 13, 2016 |
A Good Historical Western Romance. Recommended!! ( )
  mia0bella | Apr 26, 2011 |

Libby Ross came to the wilderness of Montana as a mail-order bride, only to discover the lies her would-be husband had told her. Penniless after his death, she finds work as a cook at the Lodestar Ranch and its gruff, unpleasant owner, Tyler Hollins. But time and circumstances reveal his soul to be as wounded as her own. They could fight each other, or they could fight for their dreams together.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,447,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible