What the Ladybird Heard by Julia Donaldson

What the Ladybird Heard

by Julia Donaldson

Other authors: Rebeca González González (Translator), Lydia Monks (Illustrator)

English (3)  Dutch (1)  All (4)
I enjoyed reading this book, also because I have noticed that children enjoy rhyming stories. ( )
  juliafuentesNMSU | Apr 29, 2013 |
All the animals in the barnyard, from the prize-winning cow to the purring cats, make a sound. But not the ladybug. She never says a word until the night she hears something so scary she knows it's time to speak up!

Julia Donaldson, whose Tyrannosaurus Drip and The Fish Who Cried Wolf are big favorites at storytime at our library, has done it again. This rollicking animal sounds book has a delightful plot, simple enough to engage toddlers but fun for older listeners too. The swinging rhymes are easy to chant and memorable for small listeners.

Lydia Monks' bright colors and bulging eyes show off the variety of farm animals and her clever collages add in the enjoyment of identifying different mediums.

Verdict: This was a huge hit when I tried it at storytime and it's a MUST for toddler storytime. I'm off to rearrange my order list so I can get this and present it to my colleague as soon as possible...

ISBN: 978-0805090284; Published May 2010 by Henry Holt; Borrowed from the library; Purchased for the library
  JeanLittleLibrary | Jan 13, 2012 |
Me and my 2 year old love it. She likes looking for the ladybird and I like it cos it's funny. ( )
  Jblo | Jul 23, 2011 |

Julia Donaldsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
González González, RebecaTranslatorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Monks, LydiaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Although much quieter than the farm animals that moo, cluck, or oink, a gentle ladybug is instrumental in foiling a plan to steal the farm's prize-winning cow.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,096,408 books! | Top bar: Always visible