Murder by Artifact: The Murder Quilt (Five…

Murder by Artifact: The Murder Quilt (Five Star Mystery Series)

by Barbara Graham

A quick and fun little mystery with lots of likeable characters and quite a few really nasty ones. ( )
  Bookish59 | Nov 15, 2014 |
Good story line. Very different twist on a mystery. I wish I understood the info shared about quilting. ( )
  krystalsbooks | Sep 7, 2013 |
I really enjoyed this book. I picked it up based on recommendations from DorothyL and the fact that the author lives in Wyoming, which is right next door. I'll admit I was expecting a series set in this area (lots of quilters here) but I'm okay with the Smokey Mountains.

Tony Abernathy is the Sheriff and Theo is his wife. He works on the crimes and she does the quilting. When the two collide, murder becomes tightly entangled with their life on an all too personal level.

There were plenty of twists and turns while Tony tries to solve the murder. Theo is confronted by someone she didn't much care for in her childhood and is busy running her quilting shop and raising her pair of boys. Tony has a large family, all of whom seem to play a part in the weaving of this tale.

The setting was marvelous and the characters all seemed to step off the pages fully developed. I'm looking forward to reading the next in the series. ( )
  bookswoman | Mar 31, 2013 |

A sweltering heat wave strikes the Smoky Mountains and combines with cold cases of murder, producing work Sheriff Tony Abernathy does not want. A small town mystery pieced together with oddball characters.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,399,973 books! | Top bar: Always visible