She's So Dead to Us (He's So/She's So…

She's So Dead to Us (He's So/She's So Trilogy) (edition 2011)

by Kieran Scott

152None78,608 (3.9)3
Member:TheMadHatters
Title:She's So Dead to Us (He's So/She's So Trilogy)
Authors:Kieran Scott
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:2013 Archive
Tags:Teens, Girls, Issues, Tina Barlage, 2013

She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott

I really did enjoy this. It was sort of like Pretty Little Liars, but with more likable people, and less death. I had no idea prior to reading this that it was going to have a sequel/series, so when I got to the end I was pretty upset until I looked it up online and found out there would be more! I am really excited for the sequel, though it doesn't come out until next year. ( )
  bladechik99 | Feb 28, 2014 |
I would have found this book a much more enjoyable read had she stayed in Ally's voice the entire time. The Jake chapters were jilting and took away from the story.

Also, I wish this would not have ended so abruptly! The first book in a series should be a stand alone novel whose characters are so interesting taut you wish there was a second book. This one just left you at the edge of a cliff. ( )
  ErikaWasTaken | Sep 22, 2013 |
Mrs. Beamer's Review:
I was looking forward to reading this trilogy...the book covers drew me in (loved them!)... and I wasn't disappointed. I read all three books in four days :) While nothing earth-shattering happened, the books managed to hold my interest. Honestly, while reading into the early hours of the morning I kept asking myself "why can't I put these books down?"...and I truly couldn't come up with a better answer other than "I want to keep reading them."

I enjoyed the settings and characters. Ms. Scott does a wonderful job describing the different settings...I especially liked the beach house. However, I had a really hard time picturing the characters. Crazy, right?! I think Ally was a brunette? And Jake was model-gorgeous. Other than that, I don't remember anything too specific about the other characters. I love Lincoln and Annie...probably because Ms. Scott does a good job developing them. Or, it could be because they are oddballs and I love oddballs :) Also, my favorite part of the books are Annie's journal entries - HILARIOUS!

I highly recommend these books to female teens. They remind me of the Sweet Valley High books, in a way. I'm sure they will circulate well in my library. These books are a nice escape from reality that don't require deep thinking - sometimes just what you need! I look forward to reading more books by this author.

My Favorite Quote (from book #3): "He turned and looked me directly in the eye. 'If you were my girl, I'd thank anyone who kept you from going splat'."

Mrs. Beamer’s advisory rating: 0-5 (0=none, 5=lots) click here for more info
Language: 3
Violence: 0
Sexual Content: 2
Drugs/Alcohol: 1
Potential Controversial Topics: I will not list any due to potential spoilers. ( )
  AmieBeamer | Dec 20, 2012 |
This book, even with its familiar plot, was completely addicting. When I started it, I only planned on reading a couple chapters, but I just couldn't set it aside.

From the start, the reader knows what's going to happen, but the characters are so engaging that it doesn't seem to matter. The novel is told in alternating chapters by Ally and Jake. I liked Ally right from the start; the reader can see that she's a good person, regardless of her questionable past. Jake, on the other hand, did not immediately gain my favor. Ally might worry about the opinions of her abandoned friends, but Jake is completely ruled by them. He has absolutely no desire to go against the grain, which is monumentally frustrating throughout most of the novel. Despite this horrible trait, Jake managed to win me over. I can only attribute this to the realism of his character; many teenage boys would rather follow mutely than rock the boat and, in the end, Jake does do the right thing. He is by no means perfect, but he has grown, which I can appreciate.

My favorite aspect of the novel was Ally and Jake's relationship. The emotions and little details of their romance were vibrantly written. Kieran Scott perfectly captured the emotions of an all-consuming crush; the kind of crush that leaves you incessantly daydreaming, prone to love struck gazing, and completely frustrated. The fact that their relationship is taboo added to the intensity.

She's So Dead to Us isn't deep and it doesn't impart any great wisdom to the reader, but it is fun and gave me that fluttery feeling that's only caused when two characters have undeniable chemistry. ( )
  thehidingspot | Mar 30, 2012 |
Not much depth. However, I do ponder on what happened after the last page. Would make a cute teen movie. ( )
  LisMB | Dec 19, 2011 |

Told in two voices, high school juniors Allie, who now lives on the poor side of town, and Jake, the "Crestie" whose family bought her house, develop feelings for one another that are complicated by her former friends, his current ones, who refuse to forgive her for her father's bad investment that cost them all.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,502,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible