Desire Me by Robyn DeHart

Review: Just going to do a quick review on this one, as I didn't write any notes or anything. This was a delightful quick read that I read yesterday while off sick. It made me forget for a while how crappy I felt while I lost myself in the authors well written story. An interesting take on the Atlantis theory with lots of unusual and interesting characters. The Hero is an intelligent hero with a bid of a naughty streak, which is always fun to read and the heroine is strong and feisty and doesn't take crap from the hero. A lovely story for reading at the beach, on a cold Canadian winter night or just while home sick. I will also be heading out to the library or book store to check out some of the authors other books. Fans of Amada Quick will enjoy.

3/5 Dewey's ( )
  mountie9 | Sep 1, 2010 |
This was a great book. It had everything: suspense, romance, adventure, just to name a few.

The story was so good. I loved the search for Atlantis. It made the story so exciting. I also really liked Sabine, she was a great heroine. While I didn't really have an emotional connection to any one character they were all easy to relate to. Max was so cool and collected most of the time, I was so infuriated with him at times because of this. But I guess you can't make a life of searching for mystical artifacts if you get frazzled easily...

As we start to uncover some of the secrets of Atlantis, and the sparks between Sabine and Max start to fly, the story really starts to take off. Although the opening of the story is pretty faced paced also. Sabine's desire to keep her secret while also saving her family forces her to make some "unwise" decisions. That and it's hard to keep things from Max when he stirs her up so much.

The writing was really good. This was another one I couldn't put down. The twists and turns are so unpredictable, I was really shocked quite a few times. I was so enthralled with trying to help them solve the riddle that even though I couldn't see what they were looking at it had my brain working nonetheless. ( )
  Justjenniferreading | Jun 27, 2010 |
From My Blog...

Desire Me by Robyn DeHart is the second book in The Legend Hunter Series and what an extraordinary book it is. Desire Me stands quite well on its own merits and is a brilliant take on the legend of Atlantis. The characters are wonderfully depicted and easy to like, or not, as the case may be. The villains are quite dreadful as they should be and the heroine, Sabine, is a wonderfully charming, witty, intelligent and all around likeable character. Her three aunts add an element of fun and charm to the novel. Maxwell Barrett the Marques of Lindberg happens to have discovered the map, proving Plato's writings correct and proving once and for all the existence of Atlantis, the only problem is he is not the only one interested in his find. Desire Me is an intriguing mystery filled with an enticing romance and enough adventure and cat and mouse games to keep the reader not only entertained, but fully engaged and unable to set the book down. I would highly recommend Desire Me to any reader looking for a book to get lost in for an evening. ( )
  knittingmomof3 | Jun 18, 2010 |
Robyn DeHart's latest installment in The Legend Hunters series fully lives up to the great start the first book, Seduce Me brought. Full of passion, intrigue, and a good deal of suspense, DESIRE ME, is a great pick for anyone looking for a great romance.This book begins in 1873 with our hero, Maxwell Barrett in his teenage years. Determined to prove himself and his theories, he sets out to find the fabled map of Atlantis. If he can prove the existence of this mysterious city, he will be able to prove that he's not just some crazy loon, but rather a person worthy of recognition. I have to say that the prologue, with young Max, was one of my favorite aspects of the book. This is a fairly simple section of the book, only spanning a few hours in Max's life. Still, it is so packed with action and suspense that by the end of it there was no question that I would be reading the rest of the book. Ms. DeHart is not an author that strings you along for a while, making you sit and wait for the action to pick up. No, rather, she gives it to you right from the beginning. She hooks the reader and quickly gets our adrenaline pumping as we wait to see if our hero of the book is going to live or die. Seriously - the prologue was fabulous.I'm sure we've all read a book before where the prologue or first chapter totally hook the reader. It's full of action or mystery and there is just no question that you'd read the rest of the book. Then you turn to the next chapter...and it all just falls flat. So much energy was put into perfecting that first hook that the rest of the story seems to suffer. Well, I'm thrilled to tell you that DESIRE ME is not one of these books. Ms. DeHart pulls us into the action from the start and continues the wild pace of her adventure through to the last page.As the story progresses, we learn more about Max and get to meet the heroine of our book. There is a bit of mysticism surrounding Sabine as she discovers that she is a descendant of Atlantis. Along with her aunts, she is charged with protecting its secrets, but when a prophecy and a darker evil arises that threatens to destroy all they've worked for, Sabine has to fight to discover the city first. Teaming up with Max in a sometimes uneasy alliance, the two race to find Atlantis before the force that is leaving a trail of dead bodies in his wake.Max and Sabine's relationship was wonderfully passionate and created a good deal of food for thought. While the two have an obvious spark between them, what will happen if they find Atlantis? Will their growing romance get in the way of unraveling the mysteries of Max's map? Will they both end up dead before either their mission or romance come to fruition?DESIRE ME is perfect for any reader looking for a hint of magic combined with a beautiful romance and spine tingling suspense. My only suggestion would be to make sure that you're sitting in a comfortable spot because, as I learned, you'll most likely end up sitting on the edge of your seat throughout the book and that can have dire consequences for your tailbone. ( )
  cinnleigh | Jun 17, 2010 |
DESIRE ME by Robyn DeHart is a delightful interesting historical romance set in 1888 London. It is the second in the The Legend Hunters series but can be read as a stand alone. It is well written with depth and detail. It has mystery, murder, romance, sensuality, adventure, myths, legends, and treasure hunters. It is about the lost city of Atlantis descendants and their destiny. The hero is strong, handsome, a reowned treasure hunter who has always be engrossed with the legend of the lost city o Atlantis. He is more than willing to help the beautiful Sabine Tobias, a desendant of Atlantis. The heroine is engrossed with the handsome,reowned treasure hunter who is willing to help her fulfil her destiny. What an adventure they have with romance, sensuality, trouble, and mystery. They learn the true meaning of their destiny and the prophecy's riddle. This is a keeper and a must read.I would highly recommend this story. If you have not read the first in The Legend Hunters series (Seduce Me) I would recommend you pick it up also. This book was received for review and details can be found at My Book Addiction and More and Forever in imprint of Grand Central Publishing. ( )
  tarenn | Jun 14, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446541974, Mass Market Paperback)

The Legend Hunters . . .

The Men of Solomon's meet in secret, their very existence only a rumor among the best of Victorian society. They are treasure hunters, men of wealth and title, seekers of myths and legends. And no legend is as mystifying as the lost city of Atlantis . . .

DESIRE ME

Years ago, Maxwell Barrett found a map to Atlantis and dedicated his life to the search for the mystical lost continent. But when an alluring woman makes a wager for the priceless artifact, he may have discovered an even greater treasure.

A descendant of Atlantis, Sabine Tobias needs the map to decipher an ancient prophecy. What she doesn't need are the sparks flying between her and Max. He's too devilishly charming to be trusted: The fate of her people is at stake as well as her heart. Yet a ruthless killer also covets the map. Now Max and Sabine must race to decode the prophecy's riddle before this criminal fulfills his deadly mission.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:22 -0400)

When Sabine Tobias, a descendant of the Atlanteans, needs Maxwell Barrett's map of Atlantis to decipher an ancient prophecy, Max, who has made the search for the lost continent his life's goal, agrees to help her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,422,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible