My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares

My Name Is Memory (2010)

by Ann Brashares

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (distractedmusician)
    distractedmusician: Love that transcends the limits of time.
    Passion by Lauren Kate (Sukisue7)
    Sukisue7: Similar themes of past lives, past histories, reincarnation, soul mates.
    Fallen by Lauren Kate (kraaivrouw)
    kraaivrouw: Similar and equally dreadful.
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: A romance involving a paranormal relationship with the male character living a long history with the femaile seemingly from present time.

English (94)  Italian (1)  All languages (95)
Reminded me a lot of The Time Travelers Wife. But still wondering if the end is really the end. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
A love story containing a few moments of thought-provoking interaction buried under a whole lot of blech. Can one have intense apathy toward a character? I guess so, since it's the best way to describe my feelings about Daniel. Yeah, dude, keep trying to force your love-of-multiple-lifetimes into a mold she no longer fits. That's definitely the way to treat someone you love. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
As I was reading this, I was planning on giving it four - or even five - stars. And then . . . the "ending." While I didn't find myself wishing or wanting to throw the book across the room, I can easily understand why others have. The "ending" is extremely frustrating and disappointing. ( )
  Jenna.Czaplewski | Jul 3, 2014 |
Lucy has a crush on Daniel and hopes he will notice her before the end of high school. Daniel has memory that spans several lives. He recognizes that Lucy has the soul of Sophia who he has loved in past lives. ( )
  lindahallmann | May 31, 2014 |
Not asking the sky to come down to my good will,
Scattering it freely forever.
- Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"
For my dearest Nate, who has a gift for remembering
I have lived more than a thousand years.

A romance that stretches across centuries and past lives constitutes the core of Brashares's varied second adult novel, the first in a planned trilogy. The story is primarily that of Daniel, as, in the present, he pursues Lucy (whom he knows as Sophia in a previous life) and attempts to persuade her of their history and destiny, but his passion initially and understandably scares her off. He disappears, presumed dead, but Lucy, unable to forget him, investigates his claims of their history until she discovers the truth.

In this story of true love, a man spends centuries falling in love with the same girl.

Ann Brashares is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Ann Brashares chatted with LibraryThing members from Jun 6, 2011 to Jun 10, 2011. Read the chat.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,648,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible