Out of Eden by Beth Ciotta

Out of Eden

by Beth Ciotta

Sweet book. PG-13 rating. There are a lot of threads in this book. Sibling rivalry, family responsibility, unrequited love, mob families, witness protection program, (early) midlife crisis, career burnout and more more more!

I felt there was too much going on. But Ms. Ciotta kept all the threads going, cleared up the mysteries and made it fairly realistic. After reading the book I read some reviews and found that this is the first of two books in the series. I can see a number of possible sequels, but I don't know tat I am compelled to go out of my way to find the second book. ( )
  paideiamom | Sep 22, 2013 |

EllenAvondale | Mar 31, 2013 |

Ellen1213 | Mar 30, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
OUT OF EDEN by Beth Ciotta is a comtemporary romance set in modern day Eden, Indiana. It is well written with depth and details. The characters are interesting, enduring and complex.It has danger, suspense, romance, intrigue, sensuality, secrets, small town,the mob and lovable heros. The hero, Jack, is handsome,sexy, left New York City after being burned out on a horrific case, comes back home to be the police chief, was Kylie's high school crush and her brother's friend. The heroine, Kylie is smart, witty,sexy, dreams of traveling, accepts the responsibility of the families show store, and shakes things up in this small town. Kylie witnesses a murder in progress for which no one believes her at first, then things starts to happening. She is in danger. Jack, doesn't really believe her but once things starts coming together realizes just how much danger she is into.Together them shake this small town up, cause plenty of gossip and find the truth. This story is multifaceted, has dry humor and sexy characters.If you enjoy entertaining story lines with twists and turns you will enjoy this one. This book was received for review from Library Thing and details can be found at Harlequin Books and My Book Addiction and More.
RATING: 4
REVIEWED BY: April Renn ( )
  WendyK | Oct 4, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My biggest beef with Ciotta is that she wrote some fun, light-hearted books a few years back (Charmed, Seduced) in which the main female character was strong, fun, sexy, independent, and most importantly, not whiny. Ciotta books since then have her main female character way too wimpy and allows herself to be pushed around (all under the guise of "concern" which is really just attempts to control her) by almost everyone in the story. Argh! All that being said, this book is better than her recent ones (Everybody Loves Evie), but not by much. It was cheesy and had a rushed HEA ending. The secondary characters were far more interesting than the main ones. A light, breezy read. ( )
  MelindaLibrary | Jul 23, 2010 |

"Sometimes paradise isn't all it's cracked up to be. That's what I, Kylie McGraw, have discovered since sacrificing my dreams of traveling the world to run the family shoe store. But if I have my way, peaceful Eden, Indiana, is in for a major shake-up. It all began on my birthday, when I got drunk and disorderly all over Eden's hunky new police chief (and my former high school crush), Jack Reynolds. Then I may have, in my Cosmo haze, witnessed a murder in progress. Now I'm almost certain I'm being stalked by the mob, while he-of-the-distracting-abs Jack continues to think I'm nuts. However, there comes a time when a girl has to kick off her sensible shoes (size 7, cushion insoles) and go after what she wants. So if I can just survive long enough to put on my sexy new red heels, that's exactly what I intend to do" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Beth Ciotta's book Out of Eden was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,444,380 books! | Top bar: Always visible