Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! by Dr. Seuss

Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! (1975)

by Dr. Seuss

Relates in verse some of the unusual thinks you can think if only you try.

I have always loved Dr. Seuss, his books are so fun. The nonsense words can really test fluency. ( )
  KirstenHillig | Sep 4, 2019 |
I have always had a love for the "Dr Seuss" books (Dr. Seuss is in quotes because I know sometimes, some books are written under other names)..

They usually have some type of lesson in them that are taught in a fun and cool way...With crazy and fun pictures.

I picked up quite a few books, one in a bind up, while looking for books for my 11 y/o...And, since it was Booktube-A-Thon week, I figured I'd pick these up just in case I wanted and/or needed some quick reads to make it to the 7 book mark for the "Read 7 books" challenge...Well, let's just say I'm glad it did, because by the time Saturday rolled around..I had a slight book burnout..So these came in handy..

But I also picked these up because, well, I just love these books...And some, I was pretty sure I've seen before and maybe read to my kids or my mother read to me when I was young, but couldn't remember, and then another couple of them that I just didn't remember ever seeing before...

Although I do love this book, I can't say it was my favorite of the ones I read...But I do love the message I personally got out of it...Just basically telling you to think and use your own brain that you were given and don't allow others to think for you...Now, again, that's what I got out of it! What others may get, I guess it can be as different as each individual person reading it.. :-) ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
Imagination, creativity, dr. Seuss, rhyming
  lrp024 | Nov 21, 2018 |
This book as all of Dr. Seuss books is a book full of rhymes. It can be used in my future classroom to teach what rhyming words are and how to listen for rhyming words but it can also be used to show students how to think outside of the box. If I had an assignment on a creative writing piece this would be a good entry book to give students crazy ideas to think about when they need to brainstorm there writing. ( )
  Mackenziesophia | Apr 15, 2018 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Aug 26, 2017 |

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stip, KatjaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stip, KeesTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You can think up some birds. That’s what you can do.

A rhyming version of the thinks you can think up if only you try.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,822,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible