Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! by Dr. Seuss

Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! (original 1975; edition 1975)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:amckie
Title:Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1975), Hardcover, 48 pages
Tags:.Fiction, .Children

Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! by Dr. Seuss (1975)

I love Dr. Seuss books. The imagination and life lessons he always incorporates make his book entertaining to read. ( )
  NaomiJohnston | Sep 26, 2016 |
There are a few reasons I liked the book "Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!" by Dr. Suess. The first reason is that the author used an engaging writing style. Throughout the text he would rhyme real words with nonsense words. A great example of this is in the sentences, "You can think about gloves. You can think about snuvs. You can think a long time about snuvs and their gloves." Through this writing style he was able to keep me fully engaged and thinking about the text. The second reason I enjoyed this story was because of the illustrations used throughout the book. For example, the quote I discussed above about the imaginary snuv. The snuv was illustrated on the same page as the text, giving the reader an idea of what a snuv could possibly look like. This feature not only enhanced the readers knowledge about the make-believe character but also, fit the style of the written text. The last reason I liked this book was because it not only included words easy enough for young readers to recognize but also, included nonsense words that made me think. " You can think about Schlopp. Schlopp. Schlopp. Beautiful schlopp. Beautiful schlopp with a cherry on top." When I first read this I thought Schlopp was a person. However, through the text and illustrations I figured out that schlopp was a type of sundae. I think that the 'big idea' of this children's book is to make young readers minds think, and realize that there are many things in this world they don't yet know about or even understand. ( )
  madigischel | Sep 3, 2016 |
GR: K
GL: 2.3
DRA: 18
Lexile: 240L
  Infinityand1 | Aug 3, 2016 |
This is a really cute book that uses rhyme to invoke thinking. I’m not sure how this book can be used in classroom other then introduce rhyme, invoke thinking and creativity, and the use of imagination. ( )
  TiffanyA | Apr 21, 2016 |
I picked this book because I had never read this Dr.Seuss book and was interested in reading it. For this book I would have students write and draw whatever they can think up. ( )
  ksd011 | Mar 16, 2016 |

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stip, KatjaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stip, KeesTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You can think up some birds. That’s what you can do.

A rhyming version of the thinks you can think up if only you try.

Relates in verse some of the unusual thinks you can think if only you try.

36 wanted1 pay3 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,226,177 books! | Top bar: Always visible